MNF: Dallas at NYG

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I was begging before the Miami game to finally slow things down and really focus on it. They controlled the clock like I wanted but they did it passing. 
Hindsight I would have preferred they sat Davis and maybe even Knox if he wasn’t 100% and just ran it until either Miami got a decent lead or until they figured out how to get in a groove 

I know we are built around the pass but man when we get inside the red zone or are looking to rest the defense we need to establish something. I thought after the long run by Moss this is their chance and they immediately went back to the pass. Such is the Bills way I guess 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It’s the result that makes it a wasted down. If they could become decently consistent with the ground game, I think they’d have no problem with a more balanced attack. The only thing is that they’re just not consistent to a point where it become detrimental to their success. They are literally losing yards on multiple plays. 

They could become consistent with it. They just don’t care about it enough from an offensive philosophy standpoint to invest in improving it. Every team loses yards on running plays from time to time, but they stick with it and the gains outweigh it.  This team is different. They’d just rather have Josh throw the ball, or even run with it. It’s hard to argue with it as they’re very successful on offense. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They could become consistent with it. They just don’t care about it enough from an offensive philosophy standpoint to invest in improving it. Every team loses yards on running plays from time to time, but they stick with it and the gains outweigh it.  This team is different. They’d just rather have Josh throw the ball, or even run with it. It’s hard to argue with it as they’re very successful on offense. 

I agree with a lot of this sentiment. I do think it’s a huge ask of our QB1. He is the undoubtable God of our franchise, and they are asking him to move mountains. It’d be nice if they could find more ways to take some of that pressure off of his shoulders. 

Nice run by SaQuon

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know we are built around the pass but man when we get inside the red zone or are looking to rest the defense we need to establish something. I thought after the long run by Moss this is their chance and they immediately went back to the pass. Such is the Bills way I guess 

Every game the RBs get one or even 2 long runs but that is not the result of a great play.  It's just an odds thing with me.

What I see happening is defenses are pushing straight into the Bills line every play, whether it's a pass or run.

These shotgun handoffs have the RB more or less standing and once they get the handoff the D is already on them.

The long runs happen when the RB can somehow get through all those guys and then see daylight.

I speculate that not a lot of play designing, and practice is happening in the run game.  I don't say they need to start running

often, they just need something other than what they have been doing.  Some pitches (as I've said) and some jet sweeps to start.

McKenzie had a sweep for 6 yards, and they never went back to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.