MNF: Dallas at NYG

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Because they don’t run 25+ attempts a game like Dallas does. There are other reasons I’m sure others will voice their opinion on. But it’s hard to get hot when you only run once every 15 plays or so. 

To protect Josh it would make sense to establish the run I mean Dallas is running on a pretty good Giants defense with Cooper Rush. Must be the line play. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

To protect Josh it would make sense to establish the run I mean Dallas is running on a pretty good Giants defense with Cooper Rush. Must be the line play. 

I was begging before the Miami game to finally slow things down and really focus on it. They controlled the clock like I wanted but they did it passing. 
Hindsight I would have preferred they sat Davis and maybe even Knox if he wasn’t 100% and just ran it until either Miami got a decent lead or until they figured out how to get in a groove 

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My 3rd time saying this already.  I want to see some pitches to Cook.  Stretch the D along the LOS.

Yesterday was the absolute perfect time to attack Miami on the edges and Dorsey didn't adjust. :doh:

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Yesterday was the absolute perfect time to attack Miami on the edges and Dorsey didn't adjust. :doh:

Thank you.  The crazy part is Cook had a couple of pitches during the preseason, so it's in the play book.

From what I see Cook can get up to speed pretty quick.  I'm waiting patiently to see it.

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man why can’t the Bills run the ball like Dallas. 

The Bills organizational philosophy is that running the ball is almost a wasted down , except in certain circumstances. That’s their take on the modern NFL and it’s why they have Josh Allen. It’s been very successful and they think it will win them a worlds championship. They could have built their team to excel at the ground game, but I’m glad they didn’t. People act like they will never lose a game. That doesn’t happen in the NFL, especially with a 17 game schedule. The Bills failed to execute several offensive plays yesterday that were there for the taking. That’s why they lost . On to Baltimore…

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills organizational philosophy is that running the ball is almost a wasted down , except in certain circumstances. That’s their take on the modern NFL and it’s why they have Josh Allen. It’s been very successful and they think it will win them a worlds championship. They could have built their team to excel at the ground game, but I’m glad they didn’t. People act like they will never lose a game. That doesn’t happen in the NFL, especially with a 17 game schedule. The Bills failed to execute several offensive plays yesterday that were there for the taking. That’s why they lost . On to Baltimore…

It’s the result that makes it a wasted down. If they could become decently consistent with the ground game, I think they’d have no problem with a more balanced attack. The only thing is that they’re just not consistent to a point where it become detrimental to their success. They are literally losing yards on multiple plays. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.