Bills at Ravens 1999

Buffalo03

I couldn't find the full game but in continuing the old games against our next opponents thing, I have decided to post NFL Primetime highlights of the Bills at Ravens from 1999. 

This wasn't the best game as we had a ton of turnovers and only won it 13-10. The thing I remember most about this game is the final Bills drive when Flutie ran and converted a 4th and 15 and then a couple plays later hits Johnathan Linton for the game winner

This game is the only time in our franchise's history that we have beaten the Ravens in Baltimore which is why I chose it. Hopefully that changes this week and we get the W. Feel free to post a memory you have of it and as always...Go Bills

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This game is the only time in our franchise's history that we have beaten the Ravens in Baltimore which is why I chose it. 

Wow, I didn't know that. Had to look it up, & we've only played 9 times in the regular season. 

They tend to all be low scoring games too, with the Bills only breaking 20 points 2 times (and we lost one of them). But given the way both teams have played this year, I'd be surprised if that's the case this week.

Thanks for sharing the video btw

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Wow, I didn't know that. Had to look it up, & we've only played 9 times in the regular season. 

They tend to all be low scoring games too, with the Bills only breaking 20 points 2 times (and we lost one of them). But given the way both teams have played this year, I'd be surprised if that's the case this week.

Thanks for sharing the video btw

Yes, I actually have a good memory of Bills games and when I decided to start doing this thread I kind of already had a mindset of what games I wanted to post and when. Since we play in Baltimore this week, I knew this was our only win there. It's actually been a house of horrors for us with some games that weren't even close lol. If the game was here, I probably would have went with the playoff game from 2 years ago because you have to love Taron Johnsons pick 6. 

As far as the game this week, I expect a shoot out and we should hopefully be getting some guys back. The Ravens secondary is awful and we won't be play in 100 degree heat with no shade so I hope we grab our second win in that stadium

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t stand the Ravens. Something about them just bothers me. Similar to the Titans. Usually playing them sucks and ends in major disappointment…at least we won the most important one against them though 

I don't necessarily hate them but I don't like them much either lol. I just hope we get a W there for the first time on 23 years there

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

This game is the only time in our franchise's history that we have beaten the Ravens in Baltimore which is why I chose it. Hopefully that changes this week and we get the W. Feel free to post a memory you have of it and as always...Go Bills

Should have had them at Baltimore in 2010.  I still remember that one.  So many missed opportunities.

Also, fun fact, the last time we went to Baltimore was the first time Lamar and Josh ever played in an NFL game.  Week 1, 2018, Flacco started vs Peterman but both Lamar and Josh eventually got playing time because it was such a blowout unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Should have had them at Baltimore in 2010.  I still remember that one.  So many missed opportunities.

Also, fun fact, the last time we went to Baltimore was the first time Lamar and Josh ever played in an NFL game.  Week 1, 2018, Flacco started vs Peterman but both Lamar and Josh eventually got playing time because it was such a blowout unfortunately.

I remember those. Been to every Bills at Ravens game since 2000.  Always ends with me leaving the stadium angry or gutted. The Peterman/Allen game i expected to get blown out.  That was almost a given, and it happened. 

It will feel almost surreal if i leave that place a winner on Sunday afternoon.

Edited by zow2

16 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I remember that 2010 game as well. Thay was around the time Stevie Johnson started breaking out although Lee Evans had 3TDs in that game. We were like 0-6 going in I think. My main memory from that game was it ending with Shawn Nelson basically being picked up off the ground and moved up like 5 yards with no whistle blowing it dead and then Nelson fumbled. That was annoying 

Remember Justin armour leaving Buffalo to Baltimore. Gets like 10 years of success there?

Also can't stand Baltimore. Didn't like them as the browns before. They took that weird ass pre-madonna attitude they had in Cleveland to Baltimore. In Cleveland with Moddell they thought they were more than some scrubs from a mistake by the lake. Moving to 3rd world Baltihell was a step down to everyone else but them. 

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Remember Justin armour leaving Buffalo to Baltimore. Gets like 10 years of success there?

Also can't stand Baltimore. Didn't like them as the browns before. They took that weird ass pre-madonna attitude they had in Cleveland to Baltimore. In Cleveland with Moddell they thought they were more than some scrubs from a mistake by the lake. Moving to 3rd world Baltihell was a step down to everyone else but them. 

I think you mean Justin Bannan. 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, Ned Flanders said:

I was at this game and the one the next week at Landover against the Skins.  Rare doubleheader for us in the DC area to see the Bills twice in two weeks on the road...and both games were wins!

Most of this game was rough. But it was nice to get the win. It's insane how bad we have been at Baltimore since

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.