The 85 bears lost to the dolphins too

major

5 minutes ago, major said:

Our 2022 Bills remind me of the 85 bears. This will be our only loss of the season. See everyone at the super bowl #gobills 

This season is going to a grind......they will not go 16-1.    The AFC is tougher than it's ever been..........and they have 9 road games instead of 8 road trips like last year........and while the Bills are the deserving favorites they are not without weaknesses that will be taken advantage of against certain opponents even if they get healthy.

The best part of losing to the Dolphins...........is just like losing to the Patriots last season..........the chance to possibly beat them the second time AND a third time at home in the playoffs.    Just hopefully it's in the divisional round instead of the WC this time.

After the Patriots beat the Bills last year the Boston media was saying sh* t like "you will remember where you were for this game 25 years from now".     They were certain they had turned the tables back to their dominance.    Two matchups and just a matter of weeks later the Bills gave them their worst, most humiliating loss in team history and had re-asserted their dominance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2021 rams lost to the 49ers by 21 points

2020 buccs lost to the saints by 35 points

2018 patriots lost to the titans by 24 points

2014 patriots lost to the chiefs by 27 points

2012 ravens lost to the texans by 30 points

2011 giants lost to the saints by 25 points

2007 giants lost multiple games by 20+ points

2006 colts lost to the jaguars by 27 points

2003 patriots lost to Sam Adams (and the bills) by 31 points

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bears didn't have McMahon for that game either.

If they have McMahon, the Bears go unbeaten that season.

They would have beaten the Dolphins 41-38 in OT.

Yeah, because McMahon was such a great QB. I mean, he had 15 TDs that year and 11 INTs. 56.9% completions. 82.6 passer rating. Guy was Josh Allen before Josh himself. Sorry for the sarcasm. Looked like you probably had a bit of sarcasm in there as well.

No reason to think da Bears would have scored 41 points if he'd been there. I mean, it's not impossible, but it's not like a guy, McMahon, who averaged 184 passing yards and less than a touchdown per game that year, was likely to explode that day. Chicago actually got more than their average number of yards and passing TDs that day. The problem was 3 TDs, and one of those was thrown by McMahon before he came out after throwing six passes for 0 TDs, one INT, two sacks and 42 yards.

The reason that Bears team was terrific was the defense, which didn't play that well that game. Miami scored 38 points that game and nobody else scored more than 28 against them that year. Hell, including the Fins, only three teams reached 20 points against them that year.

The Fins simply did a terrific job that day.

Can we say the Bears would have done better if they hadn't had a key injury? Yeah, maybe, better, but 17 points better?  Same with us yesterday, we'd have done better w/out so many injuries. Except we had way more injuries yesterday, particularly including heat problems, than the Bears did back then. Our Miami game this week was historic in terms of injury, one of the larger numbers anyone will ever see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

The reason that Bears team was terrific was the defense, which didn't play that well that game. Miami scored 38 points that game and nobody else scored more than 28 against them that year. Hell, including the Fins, only three teams reached 20 points against them that year.

In three playoff games they gave up a grand total of 10 points. 7 of those 10 points were in 4th qtr garbage time against backups while they were holding a 40 point lead. So realistically, that defense allowed a total of 3 points.

They averaged giving up 1 point a game through the playoffs. 🤯

12 hours ago, major said:

Our 2022 Bills remind me of the 85 bears. This will be our only loss of the season. See everyone at the super bowl #gobills 

I can't possibly see any comparison to this team and the 85 Bears lmao. Allen = McMahon? 🤣

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know that this will be our only loss of the season I do know that we were not going to go undefeated this season

I also know that we are not going undefeated.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, Simon said:

In three playoff games they gave up a grand total of 10 points. 7 of those 10 points were in 4th qtr garbage time against backups while they were holding a 40 point lead. So realistically, that defense allowed a total of 3 points.

They averaged giving up 1 point a game through the playoffs. 🤯

Yup. Insane defense, particularly that year.

McMahon was one of those very very few Trent Dilfer types that win a Super Bowl despite being a real game manager type about once a decade or so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.