Myles Garrett injured in car wreck (non life threatening)

YoloinOhio

On 9/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, Chicken Boo said:

It's a Porsche.  Best engineered cars in existence.

They don't like to stay on the road. My friend has many supercars. His all-time favorite is the 911. I asked why he hasn't bought one yet his reply is "I don't want to die yet."

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

51 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Agreed. My problem with him is that he lies and gets away with it and then everyone kisses his butt and nominates him for man of the year and all of that and meanwhile he is a piece of garbage. Good football player, not a good human being

Fake outrage much?  I pretty much guarantee that every one on this site has sped, and most have probably went 100+ or close to it.  Is it incredibly stupid?  Absolutely.  Does that make him a bad person?  Not necessarily.  If the animal wasn't hit, then Garrett is legally responsible and will be cited.  If the animal is hit, likely he would still be responsible but it can vary as well.  But that doesn't mean he lied about it.  They can tell pretty quickly whether you were speeding or not, so it isn't like lying about it would help anything.  You get cited either way.

Garrett does a ton of work in the community and a ton to help kids and such.  He made several poor choices driving recently it seems, and he needs to correct them.  But stop with the "he's a garbage person" because of this.  No drinking, no drugs, both people with seat belts on.  Everybody has some bad to their name.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

There it is - going 65 in a 45.  Not all 45 zones are created equal so hard to know if that is reckless, but it is almost 50% faster than the speed limit (44.44%).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34690178/ohio-state-highway-patrol-issues-citation-myles-garrett-says-cleveland-browns-star-drove-unsafe-speed-crash

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

They don't like to stay on the road. My friend has many supercars. His all-time favorite is the 911. I asked why he hasn't bought one yet his reply is "I don't want to die yet."

I respectfully disagree with your friend.  I would say it's more, 911s drive so well that people overestimate their ability and end up pushing too far.  

Had the pleasure of driving a 991.2 GTS.  I couldn't imagine a better sports car.  It was as close to perfect as could be.  

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Fake outrage much?  I pretty much guarantee that every one on this site has sped, and most have probably went 100+ or close to it.  Is it incredibly stupid?  Absolutely.  Does that make him a bad person?  Not necessarily.  If the animal wasn't hit, then Garrett is legally responsible and will be cited.  If the animal is hit, likely he would still be responsible but it can vary as well.  But that doesn't mean he lied about it.  They can tell pretty quickly whether you were speeding or not, so it isn't like lying about it would help anything.  You get cited either way.

Garrett does a ton of work in the community and a ton to help kids and such.  He made several poor choices driving recently it seems, and he needs to correct them.  But stop with the "he's a garbage person" because of this.  No drinking, no drugs, both people with seat belts on.  Everybody has some bad to their name.

No he's a garbage person because he destroyed the name of Mason Rudolph by saying he said something racist to him and that's why he tried to hit him with a helmet. There are people that still think he did. This just adds to the laundry list of why this guy is garbage. He almost killed that girl and he takes zero responsibility for it.

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We're gonna have to disagree. Curious how hard you drove it. Did you go over 170mph?

Having been on a few racetacks (VIR / CMP / Road Atlanta / Watkins Glen) in modern Porsches, I'd say the reputation of 911's being widow makers should have died when they changed the suspension to a multi-link design vs the trailing arm suspension used previously. That was the 993 generation, and each successive generation has gotten more and more predictable and safe. Now when you speed on roads beyond the safe limit of their design and your skill it will end the same way if you are in a Porsche or any other car. 

Porsche, for the 911, has found a way through engineering to deliver a very stable car, even with the engine and all that weight sitting behind the rear wheels. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Having been on a few racetacks (VIR / CMP / Road Atlanta / Watkins Glen) in modern Porsches, I'd say the reputation of 911's being widow makers should have died when they changed the suspension to a multi-link design vs the trailing arm suspension used previously. That was the 993 generation, and each successive generation has gotten more and more predictable and safe. Now when you speed on roads beyond the safe limit of their design and your skill it will end the same way if you are in a Porsche or any other car. 

Porsche, for the 911, has found a way through engineering to deliver a very stable car, even with the engine and all that weight sitting behind the rear wheels. 

I definitely would agree that they're much much better than they used to be and not many roads in NYS meet the demands that this car needs. 

32 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No he's a garbage person because he destroyed the name of Mason Rudolph by saying he said something racist to him and that's why he tried to hit him with a helmet. There are people that still think he did. This just adds to the laundry list of why this guy is garbage. He almost killed that girl and he takes zero responsibility for it.

Do we know definitively that Rudolph didn't say something inappropriate?  We only have their words to go off of.  Something seriously set off Garrett in that instance, and I don't recall him going insane like that before or after that incident.  Yes, if he in fact lied about it, then he's a pathetic human, but the only ones who will ever know for sure are him and Mason Rudolph.

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Do we know definitively that Rudolph didn't say something inappropriate?  We only have their words to go off of.  Something seriously set off Garrett in that instance, and I don't recall him going insane like that before or after that incident.  Yes, if he in fact lied about it, then he's a pathetic human, but the only ones who will ever know for sure are him and Mason Rudolph.

That's like saying bigfoot definitely exists since we don't have evidence showing that he doesn't. You don't start out with the outrageous, you have to have some reason to even have the discussion. Now if we look at the evidence, it was a primetime game, the mics would have picked it up. Have you ever watched NFL films? They can hear a fly fart. There were other players around including Pouncey who said he didn't say it. There would have been video of his lips moving at the very least. The guy lost his cool because he grabbed his facemask and ripped his helmet off just like what Josh did to the Dolphins player this past game. For him to destroy that guy's name/reputation because he needed an excuse for why he tried to hit him with a helmet is absolutely despicable and they shouldn't have let him back on the team after his suspension until he admitted his lie. If I was Mason Rudolph I would have sued him. That accusation is definitely going to follow him for the rest of his life otherwise.

And now he makes up this new lie to try and deflect guilt for almost killing someone. Just admit you were speeding and take the blame. As you said, the cops can tell he was going at least 65 at the point he skidded out which meant he was probably going 100 and nailed the brakes first and got it down to 65. It's never his fault though and people buy it because he's a good player

Edited by KDIGGZ

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's like saying bigfoot definitely exists since we don't have evidence showing that he doesn't. You don't start out with the outrageous, you have to have some reason to even have the discussion. Now if we look at the evidence, it was a primetime game, the mics would have picked it up. Have you ever watched NFL films? They can hear a fly fart. There would have been video of his lips moving at the very least. The guy lost his cool because he grabbed his facemask and ripped his helmet off just like what Josh did to the Dolphins player this past game. For him to destroy that guy's name/reputation because he needed an excuses for why he tried to hit him is absolutely despicable and they shouldn't have let him back on the team after his suspension until he admitted his lie. If I was Mason Rudolph I would have sued him. That accusation is definitely going to follow him for the rest of his life otherwise 

Not really following the bigfoot example.

The NFL came out and said they had zero audio of the incident, so they couldn't verify one way or the other.  They said there are mics on the lineman that catch ambient noise presnap, but don't catch anything later.  And apparently Rudolph had switched to a replacement helmet without a mic in it.  I'm not saying either guy is right or telling the truth, and what Garrett did afterwards by attempting to kill Rudolph with his helmet was outrageous and certainly assault.  I'm just saying we will never know.  I agree that if Garrett is lying about this (and he may be), then it is disgusting and reflects extraordinarily poorly on his character.  I had an incident in college where a hometown buddy of one of my roommates came into my room (my roommate/his friend left for about 10 minutes) and unprovoked started spewing antisemitic and other offensive things to my other, Jewish, roommate.  When I called him out and told him to STFU with his bigoted nonsense, he tried to instigate a fight with me and yelled in the dorm, loud enough for everyone to hear, that I was a racist and "acting my color."  Honestly, one of the most anger inducing experiences in my life being falsely called out by this guy who was a total *ss and bigot.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

There is no way to know for sure what was said with the helmet thing and Rudolph.  To be clear, nothing Rudolph would have said would make it ok to swing the helmet, but there is no way to say for sure what happened.  There is also pictures of Rudolph hitting Garrett in the groin more than once, so he definitely wasn't 100% innocent either.

I think you're blowing this WAY out of proportion.  He was driving too fast for sure.  But 65 in a 45 isn't some insane speed.  He wasn't being entirely reckless.  He wasn't drunk.  Hell, half of NFL fans drive home from games in worse shape than he would be.

Edited by cle23
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, cle23 said:

There is no way to know for sure what was said with the helmet thing and Rudolph.  To be clear, nothing Rudolph would have said would make it ok to swing the helmet, but there is no way to say for sure what happened.  There is also pictures of Rudolph hitting Garrett in the groin more than once, so he definitely wasn't 100% innocent either.

I think you're blowing this WAY out of proportion.  He was driving too fast for sure.  But 65 in a 45 isn't some insane speed.  He wasn't being entirely reckless.  He wasn't drunk.  Hell, half of NFL fans drive home from games in worse shape than he would be.

He was at 65 when he crashed, more likely going 100 and slammed on the brakes. Or do you think he was casually driving 65 and then flipped one of the best handling sports cars a dozen times? If so I have a bridge to sell you.

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Not really following the bigfoot example.

The NFL came out and said they had zero audio of the incident, so they couldn't verify one way or the other.  They said there are mics on the lineman that catch ambient noise presnap, but don't catch anything later.  And apparently Rudolph had switched to a replacement helmet without a mic in it.  I'm not saying either guy is right or telling the truth, and what Garrett did afterwards by attempting to kill Rudolph with his helmet was outrageous and certainly assault.  I'm just saying we will never know.  I agree that if Garrett is lying about this (and he may be), then it is disgusting and reflects extraordinarily poorly on his character.  I had an incident in college where a hometown buddy of one of my roommates came into my room (my roommate/his friend left for about 10 minutes) and unprovoked started spewing antisemitic and other offensive things to my other, Jewish, roommate.  When I called him out and told him to STFU with his bigoted nonsense, he tried to instigate a fight with me and yelled in the dorm, loud enough for everyone to hear, that I was a racist and "acting my color."  Honestly, one of the most anger inducing experiences in my life being falsely called out by this guy who was a total *ss and bigot.

You are starting from a point where it's possible or likely that he said that. That's the Bigfoot example. You believe Bigfoot exists or do you start from the point of "haha yeah right there is no Bigfoot" prove me wrong?

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You are starting from a point where it's possible or likely that he said that. That's the Bigfoot example. You believe Bigfoot exists or do you start from the point of "haha yeah right there is no Bigfoot" prove me wrong?

The bigfoot example is still inane and doesn't apply.  We have zero evidence of bigfoot or yeti or whatever existing.  We have seen plenty of incidences where people, including football players, spew racist garbage (see Riley Cooper).  So, of course it's possible (i never said "likely") he said what Garrett accuses him of.  I neither believe nor disbelieve Garrett (or Rudolph).  The truth is we will never know for certain what was or wasn't said, so I'm not going to cast aspersions on either guy with regard to that aspect (the alleged racial slur) of the larger incident (violent brawl).

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The bigfoot example is still inane and doesn't apply.  We have zero evidence of bigfoot or yeti or whatever existing.  We have seen plenty of incidences where people, including football players, spew racist garbage (see Riley Cooper).  So, of course it's possible (i never said "likely") he said what Garrett accuses him of.  I neither believe nor disbelieve Garrett (or Rudolph).  The truth is we will never know for certain what was or wasn't said, so I'm not going to cast aspersions on either guy with regard to that aspect (the alleged racial slur) of the larger incident (violent brawl).

I've played sports my entire life and I've never seen a white guy call a black player a N word. It would be like seeing Bigfoot. It's just so outrageous that it's not even a possibility, especially given all of the technology we have and first hand accounts of people near them. And saying that someone said that when they didn't is just as bad as if he had said it imo. So that is the regard I hold Myles Garrett in. And now we have another example from him as evidence of his behavior

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

He was at 65 when he crashed, more likely going 100 and slammed on the brakes. Or do you think he was casually driving 65 and then flipped one of the best handling sports cars a dozen times? If so I have a bridge to sell you.

Everything about your points is speculation.  You assume everything about what Garrett did to be on the far wrong side. Everyone else it pointing out that maybe it's not that, or not quite that bad, and you say "prove me wrong" yet have no evidence of what you're saying either.

Just now, cle23 said:

Everything about your points is speculation.  You assume everything about what Garrett did to be on the far wrong side. Everyone else it pointing out that maybe it's not that, or not quite that bad, and you say "prove me wrong" yet have no evidence of what you're saying either.

Look at the pic of his car. Do you know anyone that did that to a car doing 65 in a 45?

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Look at the pic of his car. Do you know anyone that did that to a car doing 65 in a 45?

I don't think you understand how fast 65 truly is, and that most sports cars crumple by design.  All I am going by is the reported information, not random speculation.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.