Myles Garrett injured in car wreck (non life threatening)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Last three days there has been some crazy downpours that have come and gone very quickly. Some standing water and so much water its hard to see on the highways. 

I've seen more lightning in 48 hours than I saw in 20 years in Oregon.

Had a quick but heavy hitter around 5 am today here in Cbus. Assuming you got it up there as well. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Last three days there has been some crazy downpours that have come and gone very quickly. Some standing water and so much water its hard to see on the highways. 

I've seen more lightning in 48 hours than I saw in 20 years in Oregon.

It's been similar in WNY.    Heavy rain, freak storms and even tornadoes.

Had a freak lightning strike on the Spectrum cable line today and experienced a burst of electricity in the air thru the wifi about 3' from the PC...........like a large static electricity pop.   Computer screen didn't even flicker but cable wifi was out for about 3 hours while Spectrum repaired.    I guess maybe the wifi is actually slowly microwaving us.

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been similar in WNY.    Heavy rain, freak storms and even tornadoes.

Had a freak lightning strike on the Spectrum cable line today and experienced a burst of electricity in the air thru the wifi about 3' from the PC...........like a large static electricity pop.   Computer screen didn't even flicker but cable wifi was out for about 3 hours while Spectrum repaired.    I guess maybe the wifi is actually slowly microwaving us.

Crazy. Hope you are safe

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If it was fishy........the Miami medical staff would have cleared him of concussion protocol already.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

And slapped a new inspection sticker on the car......

And declared that Garrett wasn't actually in the car at the time of the accident, he just climbed in afterwards because the comfortable seating in the 911 was exactly the thing to help him with his tweaked back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My wife has relatives who live right out by where he crashed— I have driven on those roads many times. Just your normal country roads. 

Good area to test out the top end mph on a 911 turbo?

This guy really is a piece of work. He said he swerved to miss an animal and people are buying this story. If they didn't buy it he would have probably said it was a racist animal. He doesn't do anything wrong, he's always the victim.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:45 PM, njbuff said:

Car flipped several times and he's ok?

That's great if it's true, but something is fishy here.

Not necessarily, I was in an accident, flipped 4times, walked away with a minor cut in my arm and some muscle soreness.  Believe it or not, the impacts that stop you hurt FAR more than flipping, that’s not a ton of impact really, you just kind of bounce along.  Landing on the roof made in a ditch made it more of an adventure to get out, but all three of us had nothing more than scrapes and bruises.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:33 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Posted speed limit is 45 MPH, he was probably close to double that to flip a car over multiple times. 

Again, no.  There are some steep banks there, swerve for whatever reason and you can head over the opposite side of the road and find yourself coming in an angle, the front of the car hits and momentum takes right over.  Speed helps, but you don’t need to be doing 90 to send yourself flying. 

What actually happened, IDK, but for his sake I hope it wasn’t a road blowie, he might have some unreported damage.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

This guy really is a piece of work. He said he swerved to miss an animal and people are buying this story. If they didn't buy it he would have probably said it was a racist animal. He doesn't do anything wrong, he's always the victim.

It's deer season in that region. Not out of the question at all. I nearly died mutliple.times omw back from bills games, swerving to avoid deer on the way to Virginia in Western PA.

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Could be but you can flip your car without going 100 plus.  I had a similar situation twenty something years ago going about 65 in a 55 in the rain on a country road where a deer popped out sprinting from some high grass.  I didn't want to flip my car like Garrett so I just braced for impact without turning the wheel.

12 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

It's deer season in that region. Not out of the question at all. I nearly died multiple times omw back from bills games, swerving to avoid deer on the way to Virginia in Western PA.

This is cracking me up. What would early deer season have to do with whitetail prevalence along that stretch of road?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Could be but you can flip your car without going 100 plus.  I had a similar situation twenty something years ago going about 65 in a 55 in the rain on a country road where a deer popped out sprinting from some high grass.  I didn't want to flip my car like Garrett so I just braced for impact without turning the wheel.

And that's what you are supposed to do. You don't flip your car multiple times trying to avoid a deer. You don't swerve and possibly kill yourself or someone else. And he's driving a very fast sports car where you just touch the throttle and you are going over the speed limit. I don't buy his story. He's a known liar

Edited by KDIGGZ

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.