Who Do The Bills Sign At Cornerback?

A practical signing they could do this week would be Josh Thomas off the Cardinals practice squad.  He's familiar with the defense and gets you some safety depth.  

I like the Chris Harris suggestion.  33, but a smart corner who's played a lot of snaps in zone coverage.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

If there were any tangible updates on Jackson we would have heard about it. 

There have been many updates and online reports about White. He was placed on PUP August 30th and is eligible to return to practice after the Baltimore game.

That is fine. And I agree. What is the Dane Jackson situation, now? Things have changed a bit.

48 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Did they even say the extent of Jackson’s injury. It looked bad, but I haven’t heard much about it besides he’s doing good and he walked out of the hospital the next day.

He was in a red non contact jersey during the week I thought I remember reading. It caught me off guard, but perhaps I read the wrong name. 

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

I said that too, before this last game.  We don't appear to have the horses to go with Josh on offense.  

Certainly not running backs right now. Singletary is pretty good but can't do it by himself. In the Miami game, Singletary was in on 60 plus snaps out of 90. Moss isn't reliable and Cook is young and unknown. I don't think WR is a huge concern. 

2 hours ago, par73 said:

I thought they would add veteran CB depth prior to the season. Now with the Benford injury, they really need help at that position.

Jackson, Elam and Benford have all played well, probably above the expectations of most.  The problem with the secondary has nothing to do with the lack of a veteran presence.  The problem is, it's hard to play football in the NFL with a MASH unit.  I don't mind signing a veteran at this point, if he can play.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Certainly not running backs right now. Singletary is pretty good but can't do it by himself. In the Miami game, Singletary was in on 60 plus snaps out of 90. Moss isn't reliable and Cook is young and unknown. I don't think WR is a huge concern. 

As long as Gabe comes back 100%.  When he is hobbled they look pedestrian.  Diggs is legit elite but the rest are just kind of there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.