Who Do The Bills Sign At Cornerback?

42 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

what is the situation with Dane Jackson? He and Kaiir Elam will have to man the corners until Tre White is available. What is the situation with White? At some point Tre White needs to get healthy. We are now 9 months into recovery.

There have been no updates on Jackson since he was released from ECMC

Are you not aware of White being on the PUP list?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

There have been no updates on Jackson since he was released from ECMC

Are you not aware of White being on the PUP list?

There has been nothing but silence about Jackson or White.

It concerns me since the Defense is lacking in the secondary.

Yes, I want more info.

What exactly is Dane Jackson's injury? How long is he expected out? Dane Jackson has proven to be a good CB in this defense. He is a capable sub for Levi Wallace.

When is Tre White due to return? He is an All Pro, and the secondary is playing scraps. Is it fair to ask when Tre White will suit up again?

It has been 9 months, the average for an ACL.

44 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

At this point, the Bills just need to have a list of 5-10 players for EVERY position on standby... because we'll be recruiting from the film crew in 3 or 4 weeks.

We're not going to get back recovered players as fast as we're losing them. I've never in my life seen this many guys hurt after week 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

What if we trade Zack Moss?

Nobody wants him. 

9 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Yes, I want more info.

What exactly is Dane Jackson's injury? How long is he expected out? Dane Jackson has proven to be a good CB in this defense. He is a capable sub for Levi Wallace.

When is Tre White due to return? He is an All Pro, and the secondary is playing scraps. Is it fair to ask when Tre White will suit up again?

Why worry about the defense? We have Josh Allen! 

19 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Yes, I want more info.

If there were any tangible updates on Jackson we would have heard about it. 

There have been many updates and online reports about White. He was placed on PUP August 30th and is eligible to return to practice after the Baltimore game.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That Neal signing looks terrible today. I don’t even think he played a snap on defense. He got more money than Levi Wallace.

I think Neal is Tarons backup and of course his special teams value. 
Maybe they just didn’t want to risk him being hurt in case nobody else can backup taron. But it is concerning he didn’t see the field, I do know anytime I’ve seen him play outside he’s been pretty bad. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I think Neal is Tarons backup and of course his special teams value. 
Maybe they just didn’t want to risk him being hurt in case nobody else can backup taron. But it is concerning he didn’t see the field, I do know anytime I’ve seen him play outside he’s been pretty bad. 

I know his role but in that situation to not even get a snap is more than concerning. Maybe he was next man up after Ingram. They paid him very well for a depth DB and he doesn’t play. Combine that with Matakevich and it’s become a huge depth issue. At least Kumerow plays.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with Rhodes. He had a career resurgence when he signed with the Colts in 2020, then his production fell off the next year. He's 32 and huge for a cb at 218 pounds, so maybe he just has to lose a little weight to gain back some speed.

Lose weight, gain speed ?? .... That's all? ..Me too. Soon as I finish off this 6pack of Yeungling .... and get forty years younger...

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know his role but in that situation to not even get a snap is more than concerning. Maybe he was next man up after Ingram. They paid him very well for a depth DB and he doesn’t play. Combine that with Matakevich and it’s become a huge depth issue. At least Kumerow plays.

I would have expected once Benford went out that either taron or Siran would have moved outside and the other in the slot. Just based on experience. But after Kumerow went down maybe they just were short on special teams guys. I fully agree with what he was paid and his experience in Buffalo he should be hitting the field for actual defense. 

4 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Jackson is one person I would not rush back.  Short term IR Benford before you get Jackson back in there and sign someone else

Did they even say the extent of Jackson’s injury. It looked bad, but I haven’t heard much about it besides he’s doing good and he walked out of the hospital the next day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.