Who Do The Bills Sign At Cornerback?

Allen2Diggs

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Xavier Rhodes please.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Rhodes. He had a career resurgence when he signed with the Colts in 2020, then his production fell off the next year. He's 32 and huge for a cb at 218 pounds, so maybe he just has to lose a little weight to gain back some speed.

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with Rhodes. He had a career resurgence when he signed with the Colts in 2020, then his production fell off the next year. He's 32 and huge for a cb at 218 pounds, so maybe he just has to lose a little weight to gain back some speed.

Can he lose it before Sunday?

• Haha (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's Lamar Jackson week and then the pathetic Mitch Trubisky comes to town.     I think they can get thru that stretch even with Jamarcus Ingram.    They've yet to lose a game in the McD era because of their CB play.

Bigger concern is getting more big plays against the blitz on offense this week.

I agree w/ the Ingram comment, but Lamar's play against the blitz has been superior this year. They need to keep him in the pocket and rush that 4 with a spy (Milano. Tremaine)

22 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I agree w/ the Ingram comment, but Lamar's play against the blitz has been superior this year. They need to keep him in the pocket and rush that 4 with a spy (Milano. Tremaine)

My point about the blitz was with regard to the Bills offense making the Ravens pay for using the same gameplan against Josh that the Dolphins did.

The Bills defense is the Bills defense.........they aren't going to blitz and they shouldn't.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Sidney Jones from the Seahawks? Not sure what he’s cost trade-wise, but they’re going nowhere and he’s on a one year deal.  Cheap too. $3.6M contract, including $1.3M signing bonus so we’d only be on the hook for a prorated Portion of $2.3M. Some of that is even in the form of per game roster bonuses so we’d be off the hook for some if he got hurt. 

Edited by BarleyNY

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Nobody. Jackson will be back this week and Elam looked great. Tre is a few weeks away. Benford can play a few weeks with a cast. 

I'd go after a safety. Johnson looked terrible for a guy that "has been in the meeting room" for four years. He's not good enough.  Go get a big body to play SS and move Poyer back to FS. 

Long term I wonder if Benford is good enough to play safety. Elam is not relinquishing that starting spot.

I see Benford as a Safety some day, and maybe some day soon.

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Maybe we could give the Giants a 7th rounder for Nick McCloud back. He knows our system and the coaches were training him at both CB and Safety, which we're both very thin at.

I didn't understand why they cut him. I doubt the Giants are going to give him back.

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Dumpster diving mid season is never a good thing.

Beane is going to need to swing a trade and be willing to give up future draft picks and/or one of our DT/DE's for any player of note that would actually help.

You have to look at the PS. There are good players on every team's PS. The Giants stole McCloud off of PS. If an injury riddled team is willing to add a PS player to it's game day roster, they can steal them. There have to be a few Nick McCloud's available. I was hoping we kept McCloud.

Just now, UConn James said:

What happened to Cam Lewis and Siran Neal?

yeah, I was wondering about Neal. I figured he would see major snaps and don’t recall him out there against Miami.

10 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I didn't understand why they cut him. I doubt the Giants are going to give him back.

Re McCloud, I think he has been inactive every week for the giants. Maybe they would give him back for a 7th rounder that could develop into a 6th rounder based on playing time? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.