Jake Kumerow high ankle sprain

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Not sure what you mean by how long I’ve been following this, I’ll take that as snark. That being said, I disagree with you, if that’s ok.

Sorry didn't want to be rude, I should choose words more carefully.

I just meant that it really seemed to me that you were saying that you find something what is actually very common (cutting a player recently signed) to be improbable. You also wrote that he "signed a 1 year deal" in the way like it meant something, while it is just a basic way how to put any guy on the roster. You also said you don't know about cap ramifications - it is very easy to find out if you care about cap space and there are none. So to me it sounded you don't know very much about how the roster things work. I apologize if I was wrong a/or rude. 

As for the cutting Bryant, I agree with basically everything what @Beck Water said in this thread. I'd just add that I didn't realize that cutting Cam Lewis is also an option when White comes back. So its Bryant, Lewis or Hodgins imo. And if it is not Bryant, it is definitely not due to the reasons you stated.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:32 PM, Beck Water said:

You said "Bryant just signed a 1 year deal last week so he’s no longer on the practice squad. I’m not sure what the ramifications would be, capwise or what, but it’d be silly to sign the guy to an extension to release him the next week."

If you want to disagree that it happens all the time that we sign guys to 1 year deals off our PS then cut them a week or 2 later, that's your perogative, but you're factually mistaken.

If you want to assert that it's "silly to sign the guy to an extension (Note: Bryant was NOT signed to an extension, he was a FA on the PS) to release him the next week" that's your perogative too, but factually, that's how it was done to move guys from the PS onto the roster for years prior to Covid, and it's still how it's done when we need more than the 2 "automatic" elevations/returns we're allowed. 

Yes, it's OK; you are welcome to disagree and insist it's silly.  That's still how it's done, it's very common.

I’m aware players are released and signed regularly. My thought is, he’s no longer a practice squad player, who’s brought up to the active roster, released, resigned, repeat. He signed an active 53 man roster contract, and In my opinion, knowing that Tre white is coming back to the roster, it would be silly and shortsighted to sign Bryant knowing this, and going into a bye week. If the player is released at this point, I think he would be hard to retain, again, this is my thought. My comment about the cap, was added fodder bc I don’t know what he signed for, and if he’s due any guarantees, now of which I think he has none. 

On 10/26/2022 at 11:45 PM, Codyny13 said:

I’m aware players are released and signed regularly. My thought is, he’s no longer a practice squad player, who’s brought up to the active roster, released, resigned, repeat. He signed an active 53 man roster contract, and In my opinion, knowing that Tre white is coming back to the roster, it would be silly and shortsighted to sign Bryant knowing this, and going into a bye week. If the player is released at this point, I think he would be hard to retain, again, this is my thought. My comment about the cap, was added fodder bc I don’t know what he signed for, and if he’s due any guarantees, now of which I think he has none. 

And just like that, Bryant is cut again. Exactly as @Beck Water and I predicted.

2 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Omg you’re amazing.

Well I am not, was it a snark? :)

Don't be so defensive. Point is that you were basically saying that 2+2=5 in terms what happens in NFL on weekly basis. You were saying that Beane would be silly to do something what he obviously planned to do. Now you are right that I didn't have to come back and call you out, but I did it not to show how good I am, but to make sure you notice what happened (I don't see you around very often). You have a right to believe otherwise :)

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Well I am not, was it a snark? :)

Don't be so defensive. Point is that you were basically saying that 2+2=5 in terms what happens in NFL on weekly basis. You were saying that Beane would be silly to do something what he obviously planned to do. Now you are right that I didn't have to come back and call you out, but I did it not to show how good I am, but to make sure you notice what happened (I don't see you around very often). You have a right to believe otherwise :)

I disagreed w the player who would be released, not the manner of how it works. I don’t want Bryant on the Street, I thought he would make the 53 out of training camp, and if released, would end up on the Giants at some point. I totally understand players Are released all the time, And I was wrong on the player, as I thought the new contract was a show of good faith, and he’d remain on the roster for the rest of the year. It feels like you’re not trying to convey anything here other than be pompous about getting a player release correct, while disguising it as enlightening information which it is not. I’ve been on this forum for many years, mostly for breaking news, as the interaction w some other posters has become frankly not much fun anymore.

Actually...predicting who was likely to get cut wasn't that difficult.  You simply look at the position numbers and where we have had injuries.  With all the DTs back and healthy, it stood to reason Bryant would be released again.  The DBs have been hit hard so it figured there would be padding there at the expense of another position...likely WR.  So for those predicting Bryant and Hodgins would be cut...well you've been paying attention to roster moves this season.  Good for you.  It's a shame we lost Hodgins to the Giants but Stevie Wonder could have seen that coming with Daboll and Giants roster depth.  Let's hope the Bills can stay healthier moving forward.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.