Jake Kumerow high ankle sprain

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Bryant just signed a 1 year deal last week so he’s no longer on the practice squad. I’m not sure what the ramifications would be, capwise or what, but it’d be silly to sign the guy to an extension to release him the next week.

Well I know he is not on the PS, that's why he is a cut candidate :)

Not sure how long you have been following this but this happens all the time. We have a roster spot so we sign a guy, in this case Bryant. Now an All-pro CB comes back from IR, so we cut somebody from the bottom of hte roster. That happens to be Bryant. I'd be shocked if it was anybody else than him or Hodgins, and since we have another WR on IR, and Bryant is 10th DL and won't even dress unless somebody is injured, he is most likely candidate. It doesn't matter that he was signed recently.

Edit: It has no cap ramifications. He has no guaranteed money.

Edited by No_Matter_What

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know about you guys but I definitely noticed the absence of this special teams ace. Special teams just wasn’t the same.

Similar impact to Tre White being gone so far this season. Our defense really went down hill.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Bryant just signed a 1 year deal last week so he’s no longer on the practice squad. I’m not sure what the ramifications would be, capwise or what, but it’d be silly to sign the guy to an extension to release him the next week.

Likely is on a vet minimum contract with no bonus so I doubt there would be any ramification in terms of dead cap.

17 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Whaley lived in Buffalo: https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/06/buffalo-bills-doug-whaley-house-buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel/

I can also say that, with personal knowledge, Shakir is living in a more permanent residence these days :)

And then Eichel sold it to Tage Thompson at a huge discount after it sat on the market for a while! Those downtown condos aren't that great, I'm surprised they sell for so much. You can buy a sprawling estate for that price but I guess if you are a young guy you don't want to be bothered with the maintenance.

Glad to hear Shakir has moved on, I think he can set up more permanent roots now that he is expected to be a piece of the puzzle going forward. Is he closer to the stadium now? I always thought Cheektowaga was probably too far away with traffic but honestly anything in Buffalo area is like 15-20 min away.

Edited by KDIGGZ

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And then Eichel sold it to Tage Thompson at a huge discount after it sat on the market for a while! Those downtown condos aren't that great, I'm surprised they sell for so much. You can buy a sprawling estate for that price but I guess if you are a young guy you don't want to be bothered with the maintenance.

Glad to hear Shakir has moved on, I think he can set up more permanent roots now that he is expected to be a piece of the puzzle going forward. Is he closer to the stadium now? I always thought Cheektowaga was probably too far away with traffic but Hines anything in Buffalo is like 15-20 min away.

Yeah, no maintenance and they are very close to the rink making for an easy commute to work. Plus in the middle of the nightlife scene down there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Glad to hear Shakir has moved on, I think he can set up more permanent roots now that he is expected to be a piece of the puzzle going forward. Is he closer to the stadium now? I always thought Cheektowaga was probably too far away with traffic but Hines anything in Buffalo is like 15-20 min away.

Yeah, I live in Depew(on the Lancaster side) and literally any place I want to go is like 15-20 mins away.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just curious: do all Bills players live in OP?

A fair number of them, yeah. East Aurora, Lakeview, Hamburg, are some other areas. There's a condo community up near the five corners in OP that a lot of rookies and younger players stay at during the season. Some of them have places downtown in the city as well. 

I'm not sure if there any guys who live here year round tho. 

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

A fair number of them, yeah. East Aurora, Lakeview, Hamburg, are some other areas. There's a condo community up near the five corners in OP that a lot of rookies and younger players stay at during the season. Some of them have places downtown in the city as well. 

I'm not sure if there any guys who live here year round tho. 

West Seneca also, especially in the area bordering OP.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Well I know he is not on the PS, that's why he is a cut candidate :)

Not sure how long you have been following this but this happens all the time. We have a roster spot so we sign a guy, in this case Bryant. Now an All-pro CB comes back from IR, so we cut somebody from the bottom of hte roster. That happens to be Bryant. I'd be shocked if it was anybody else than him or Hodgins, and since we have another WR on IR, and Bryant is 10th DL and won't even dress unless somebody is injured, he is most likely candidate. It doesn't matter that he was signed recently.

Edit: It has no cap ramifications. He has no guaranteed money.

Not sure what you mean by how long I’ve been following this, I’ll take that as snark. That being said, I disagree with you, if that’s ok.

8 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Not sure what you mean by how long I’ve been following this, I’ll take that as snark. That being said, I disagree with you, if that’s ok.

You said "Bryant just signed a 1 year deal last week so he’s no longer on the practice squad. I’m not sure what the ramifications would be, capwise or what, but it’d be silly to sign the guy to an extension to release him the next week."

If you want to disagree that it happens all the time that we sign guys to 1 year deals off our PS then cut them a week or 2 later, that's your perogative, but you're factually mistaken.

If you want to assert that it's "silly to sign the guy to an extension (Note: Bryant was NOT signed to an extension, he was a FA on the PS) to release him the next week" that's your perogative too, but factually, that's how it was done to move guys from the PS onto the roster for years prior to Covid, and it's still how it's done when we need more than the 2 "automatic" elevations/returns we're allowed. 

Yes, it's OK; you are welcome to disagree and insist it's silly.  That's still how it's done, it's very common.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:51 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Don't disagree with the YAC guy.  All good points and KC played a similar style defense, not afraid of our WRs. 

I do think Cook could give us mismatches, in most situations LBs and Safeties are going to be who he's matched against.  But agree this isn't the same as having a Yac/speed guy in the slot, or outside. 

We just have to be more efficient at finishing drives, much more sharp in the redzone/from inside OPP 40 (if we can't hit the homerun plays). We can obviously still move the ball, practically 1 punt or less per game is excellent... but can't be missing out on 10-14 points per game due to poor execution or playcalls.

We're up almost a full yard per completion on YAC this season actually.  

One thing i notice about the good YAC teams is how much they design good YAC plays.  We run a few here and there, mostly when we're seeing a blitz package.  But they run weird rub routes and stuff to get Kelce open, and even position their guys to block after the catch.  

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Makes sense to stay close to the stadium in case of bad weather. I know Dion owns a house in Hamburg.  I guess JP Losman was the last Bills player to actually live in Buffalo.

Thought Dion lived in the city as recall him commenting that he lived near the shooting back in May??

27 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Thought Dion lived in the city as recall him commenting that he lived near the shooting back in May??

When I had the chance to meet Dion in 2019 he said he just bought a place in Hamburg. He and his wife were expecting.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.