Jake Kumerow high ankle sprain

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It wasn't the Jags game only because they completed like 15 passes to RB's and kept the chains moving this time..........last year Allen kept trying to push the ball further downfield in Jax.......culminating in the big Gabe Davis drop on the final drive.   Not that 17 points is miles better than 6.

The Bills have had a flaw in their passing game..........the YAC guy that can take a short pass to the house..........since John Brown got hurt and then let go.    They miss that legit 4.3 speed.   He had multiple huge such plays.......one against the Ravens, in fact.   You don't need a 50 yard short pass blitz beater very often to discourage defense's from blitzing. 

Cook has been meh so far...........beside the fumble in LA he lacks wiggle and while he is fast for a Bills RB he is not fast or elusive compared to the athletes in the secondary and isn't going to break many tackles either.    Cook ran a 4.42 at the combine on a fast track where DB's were laying down record times.    He's not fast enough to win on speed alone.  And the "he's a WR playing RB" stuff was nonsense.   Even huge producing RB receivers like McCaffrey and Kamara aren't getting much more than 8 yards per reception.   That ain't WR production.   It's why slot receivers have really replaced the 3rd down back in the passing game. 

Don't disagree with the YAC guy.  All good points and KC played a similar style defense, not afraid of our WRs. 

I do think Cook could give us mismatches, in most situations LBs and Safeties are going to be who he's matched against.  But agree this isn't the same as having a Yac/speed guy in the slot, or outside. 

We just have to be more efficient at finishing drives, much more sharp in the redzone/from inside OPP 40 (if we can't hit the homerun plays). We can obviously still move the ball, practically 1 punt or less per game is excellent... but can't be missing out on 10-14 points per game due to poor execution or playcalls.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Unofficial Kumerow Update:

Have a friend that lives down the street from him and he said he has seen him out jogging around the neighborhood with his dog the last few days without any wrap or brace on his ankle. Said he appears healthy.

What this means in terms of him playing this week or next week is still up in the air obviously. Guess we will see what happens on the injury designation tomorrow.

I'm sure he is chomping at the bit to play against his former team.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Have a friend that lives down the street from him and he said he has seen him out jogging with his dog the last few days without any wrap or brace on his ankle. Said he appears healthy.

What this means in terms of him playing this week or next week is still up in the air obviously. Guess we will see what happens on the injury designation tomorrow.

4-6 weeks said to be pretty typical for a high ankle sprain and this week will be 5 weeks so fits

Also it's the 4th game since he went out, and Bills are pretty good about putting guys on IR if they're going to miss 4 games anyway

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Have a friend that lives down the street from him and he said he has seen him out jogging around the neighborhood with his dog the last few days without any wrap or brace on his ankle. Said he appears healthy.

Would be a great time to reunite him with his old team for a 3rd pick🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Kumerow’s return will send Hodgins back to PS?

Not necessarily, Kumerow was on the 53 roster all the time, so no need to cut Hodgins because of him.

But if Tre returns someone need to go, that someone might be Hodgins or Bryant. My money is on Bryant, since Crowder is on IR.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Just curious: do all Bills players live in OP?

46 minutes ago, hemma said:

Anyone know who replaced him on Special Teams?  

Tough to spot.

I actually do not know and would like to.  

47 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Kumerow’s return will send Hodgins back to PS?

No, we had an open roster spot at WR due to IR'ing Crowder.  It might mean Hodgins being made inactive on game days.

The question is more, who we will move to make space for Tre White.

Edited by Beck Water

14 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not necessarily, Kumerow was on the 53 roster all the time, so no need to cut Hodgins because of him.

But if Tre returns someone need to go, that someone might be Hodgins or Bryant. My money is on Bryant, since Crowder is on IR.

Bryant just signed a 1 year deal last week so he’s no longer on the practice squad. I’m not sure what the ramifications would be, capwise or what, but it’d be silly to sign the guy to an extension to release him the next week.

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just curious: do all Bills players live in OP?

Khalil Shakir was staying at the home2suites hotel in Cheektowaga after getting drafted. Not sure if he still is but if so I'd guess other younger players or guys that aren't sure how long they will stick around might stay there too during the season and then go back home the day the season ends.

Guys that own houses (Beane, McDermott, Josh, Von, Dawson, Tre) live in Orchard Park. I've heard of some guys living in Hamburg or Aurora as well.

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Khalil Shakir was staying at the home2suites hotel in Cheektowaga after getting drafted. Not sure if he still is but if so I'd guess other younger players or guys that aren't sure how long they will stick around might stay there too during the season and then go back home the day the season ends.

Guys that own houses (Beane, McDermott, Josh, Von, Dawson, Tre) live in Orchard Park. I've heard of some guys living in Hamburg or Aurora as well.

Makes sense to stay close to the stadium in case of bad weather. I know Dion owns a house in Hamburg.  I guess JP Losman was the last Bills player to actually live in Buffalo.

21 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Bryant just signed a 1 year deal last week so he’s no longer on the practice squad. I’m not sure what the ramifications would be, capwise or what, but it’d be silly to sign the guy to an extension to release him the next week.

Au contraire, that used to be the standard way to elevate guys from the PS before Covid and the rule that allowed teams to elevate 2 players to a game-day 55 man roster and put them directly on the PS afterwards.

If they're on your team, you sign 'em to the active roster (1 year contract with no signing bonus) then cut them afterwards.  The Bills have done this several times this season when they needed to pull more injury replacements off the PS than the 2 allowed direct elevations/returns allow.

The drawback is if they have less than 4 accrued seasons, they pass through waivers and any team can claim them.  Bryant has been in the league since 2016 and has started 10 games over the last 4 seasons, but I don't think he counts as having "accrued" a season.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Makes sense to stay close to the stadium in case of bad weather. I know Dion owns a house in Hamburg.  I guess JP Losman was the last Bills player to actually live in Buffalo.

I think some of the Bills players have lofts downtown.  I know Dawson Knox used to live in a loft apartment in Buffalo and I think so did Matt Milano.  Someone said Knox bought a house this season though.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.