Jake Kumerow high ankle sprain

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Kumerow has had a great start to the season. He has made some plays in spot duty. Already more productive than all of last year. 

But I think this is likely a great opportunity for Hodgins to get some reps which I am excited about. 

I don't want guys limping through our season starting at week 3/4. Give the starters the time they need to get to 100% and lets roll!

Remember when this looked like a killer rough stretch of schedule with a healthy roster? This adds a completely new element. It’s is ALMOST funny.

I agree, let them get healthy. Nobody wins a Super Bowl in September or October. Get healthy and peak at the end of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Oh yes it is. 

We can’t be held responsible when some people just don’t get it. That goes for so many things in life. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Remember when this looked like a killer rough stretch of schedule with a healthy roster? This adds a completely new element. It’s is ALMOST funny.

I agree, let them get healthy. Nobody wins a Super Bowl in September or October. Get healthy and peak at the end of the year. 

Yeah, it will add some urgency going forward. But honestly, even if this team plays 3 rounds of playoffs on the road, I think they can handle any team by double digits when healthy. 

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In defense of Beane's lack of attention to the WR position..........EVERY team would be screwed if they lost a Jake Kumerow. ;)

Need some juice BBB..........gotta' make teams pay for blitzing Allen.........no YAC talent = worth it to blitz.

Guess we will see if Shakir can do.

There are defensive luxuries they prioritize and offensive needs they insist aren't as essential.

Catching up to McBeane quick this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Guess him and MJ10 can be high ankle buddies and race to see who gets back first.

The post-injury reaction was a little different between these two players 😛 

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tanner Gentry, here’s your big opportunity to be more than Josh’s old Wyoming Cowboys buddy and favorite target. 

I can't wait to see him double catch a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 14,  get tackled immediately and then get up give the 1st down signal.

I don't think that dude could have earned snaps in the 2013 Bills WR corps.    If it gets that far it's NFG.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I can't wait to see him double catch a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 14,  get tackled immediately and then get up give the 1st down signal.

I don't think that dude could have earned snaps in the 2013 Bills WR corps.    If it gets that far it's NFG.

I agree. Just saying: prove that they aren’t keeping you around just because you’re Josh’s buddy …

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

There are defensive luxuries they prioritize and offensive needs they insist aren't as essential.

Catching up to McBeane quick this season.  

It caught up to them last season.

The Miami defensive gameplan concept yesterday was pulled right from Urban Meyer and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

One YAC game breaker in the WR corps and that sh*t never works. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It caught up to them last season.

The Miami defensive gameplan concept yesterday was pulled right from Urban Meyer and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

One YAC game breaker in the WR corps and that sh*t never works. 

Unfortunately true, in part.

Shakir will obviously get his chance, Speedy might be back from IR soon.  Those are our best options, along with getting Davis healthier.  Keep getting Cook involved, he's a playmaker, and Knox.

But yesterday was not the Jags game all over again. We struggled to move the ball LY, our problem yesterday was countless injuries, heat exhaustion, and poor redzone efficiency/bad playcalling.

Not many complaints about Dorsey, but hope he learned an early lesson of not going shotgun on 2nd goal from the 1 and running read option. Too easy to put an extra defender down and take away the RB and QB (not to mention get Josh hammered unnecessarily).  Better to go jumbo/under center and play action rollout, if we want to use Josh athleticism in those situations.

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Unfortunately true, in part.

Shakir will obviously get his chance, Speedy might be back from IR soon.  Those are our best options, along with getting Davis healthier.  Keep getting Cook involved, he's a playmaker, and Knox.

But yesterday was not the Jags game all over again. We struggled to move the ball LY, our problem yesterday was countless injuries, heat exhaustion, and poor redzone efficiency/bad playcalling.

Not many complaints about Dorsey, but hope he learned an early lesson of not going shotgun on 2nd goal from the 1 and running read option. Too easy to put an extra defender down and take away the RB and QB (not to mention get Josh hammered unnecessarily).  Better to go jumbo/under center and play action rollout, if we want to use Josh athleticism in those situations.

It wasn't the Jags game only because they completed like 15 passes to RB's and kept the chains moving this time..........last year Allen kept trying to push the ball further downfield in Jax.......culminating in the big Gabe Davis drop on the final drive.   Not that 17 points is miles better than 6.

The Bills have had a flaw in their passing game..........the YAC guy that can take a short pass to the house..........since John Brown got hurt and then let go.    They miss that legit 4.3 speed.   He had multiple huge such plays.......one against the Ravens, in fact.   You don't need a 50 yard short pass blitz beater very often to discourage defense's from blitzing. 

Cook has been meh so far...........beside the fumble in LA he lacks wiggle and while he is fast for a Bills RB he is not fast or elusive compared to the athletes in the secondary and isn't going to break many tackles either.    Cook ran a 4.42 at the combine on a fast track where DB's were laying down record times.    He's not fast enough to win on speed alone.  And the "he's a WR playing RB" stuff was nonsense.   Even huge producing RB receivers like McCaffrey and Kamara aren't getting much more than 8 yards per reception.   That ain't WR production.   It's why slot receivers have really replaced the 3rd down back in the passing game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.