Doesn't McD claim the Bills are the best prepared team in the NFL - Yet at the end of games they fall apart?????

Billsfan1972

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No just sucking on a lozenge.  Generally don't eat breakfast.  And how was your breakfast Teef?

Isn't TSW basically 90% the same old same old?  Probably why we are here.  I'm certainly not here to see what backup LB may be signed or moves to make on the OL/DL.

very meh.  i'm a protein bar and a piece of fruit type boring.  how is your work day looking?

5 minutes ago, teef said:

honestly...how awful is your mustache?

I sent a pic of it to a female friend and she responded with the throw up emoji.

I don't have the ability to grow a thick one.  It's salt and pepper color and each each hair strand is doing its own thing.  Some are standing straight, some are pointing to the left, some are pointing to the right and the ends are curling down.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

And so far not a comment about McD.... Just trying to make sarcastic responses.  

Late game execution by has been abysmal, while a coach explains how well he prepares a team.  I'd say there's a disconnect.

I'm not sure what you're asking for? McDermott is the best HC we've had so far since Wade Phillips left in 2000, he is far from perfect at making in game decisions but even look at the 1st ballot hall of fame HC Bill Belichik. He makes those similar in game errors in game but never really showed because he had one of the best ever in Tom Brady who covered up for alot of those mistakes just like Josh Allen does with McD. 

If you don't like McDermott that's your own opinion, after seeing this team go through Dick Jauron, Doug Marrone, Doug Williams, Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Mike Mularky and Anthony Lynn, McDermott is a breath of fresh air for me, imperfect or not he and Beane I feel are our best chance of bringing a SB to Buffalo, I feel like it's just a matter of time but again just my opinions.

Also I don't really look back on the 13 seconds as it's in the past but at the times I wanted heads to roll after that loss, never was it McDermott's though.

Allen also talked about the muffed fumble before the half and said he wouldn't have been able to spike the ball, they would have ran the clock out, considered a fumble.

Isiah McKenzie also stated he knew what Bass' range was and need to get the extra yards, didn't think he'd make it out of bounds that's why he didn't drop down right away. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'm not sure what you're asking for? McDermott is the best HC we've had so far since Wade Phillips left in 2000, he is far from perfect at making in game decisions but even look at the 1st ballot hall of fame HC Bill Belichik. He makes those similar in game errors in game but never really showed because he had one of the best ever in Tom Brady who covered up for alot of those mistakes just like Josh Allen does with McD. 

If you don't like McDermott that's your own opinion, after seeing this team go through Dick Jauron, Doug Marrone, Doug Williams, Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey, Mike Mularky and Anthony Lynn, McDermott is a breath of fresh air for me, imperfect or not he and Beane I feel are our best chance of bringing a SB to Buffalo, I feel like it's just a matter of time but again just my opinions.

Also I don't really look back on the 13 seconds as it's in the past but at the times I wanted heads to roll after that loss, never was it McDermott's though.

Allen also talked about the muffed fumble before the half and said he wouldn't have been able to spike the ball, they would have ran the clock out, considered a fumble.

Isiah McKenzie also stated he knew what Bass' range was and need to get the extra yards, didn't think he'd make it out of bounds that's why he didn't drop down right away. 

I think McKenzie is wrong and like most people (in all facets of life) won't say he made a mistake.  He did.  He has little idea whether he was at the 45 or 40 yard line.

I didn't want heads to roll after 13 seconds, but I wanted accountability.  They made mistake after mistake in 13 seconds.  

These late game issues too have been marred by too many coaching and situational mistakes and just 1-2 different outcomes and that would have changed those outcomes.

Frankly if the Bills did score from the 1, I'd have bet you Miami would get a FG minimum and if a TD, I may be here complaining about the defensive calls.😝

18 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why don't you go over to the 32 page thread on McD then, since I put too ????? In my thread.

I think a better question is why you thought your opinion needed it’s own thread instead of just posting it in the existing one you mention. 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Oldmanfan will never question McD or the decisions.  

Like many here it is similar to a bull seeing red.  Mention McD and they get hostile and charge (and forget about engaging in a discussion or a debate).  

This thread was meant to examine if the Bills are so well prepared, then what is happening at the end of games that this has become a pattern.

I think McD is a great coach.   His preparation and game management is usually very good which is why we are a winning team and still a team on the rise.   

There is not one answer for the teams performance in one score games (they are on an 0-7 string right now).  

Preparation is only part of it.  Practicing the 2 minute drill - yes, I am sure they do practice it and plan for a myriad of situations.   Look at the 7 games - sometimes decisions are made that turn out to be incorrect, sometimes the players just did not execute, and sometimes the other team did the exact perfect thing to stop us.   

The 0-7 string almost seems like a statistical anomaly but until they start winning the close ones the critics will be there.   

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I think McD is a great coach.   His preparation and game management is usually very good which is why we are a winning team and still a team on the rise.   

There is not one answer for the teams performance in one score games (they are on an 0-7 string right now).  

Preparation is only part of it.  Practicing the 2 minute drill - yes, I am sure they do practice it and plan for a myriad of situations.   Look at the 7 games - sometimes decisions are made that turn out to be incorrect, sometimes the players just did not execute, and sometimes the other team did the exact perfect thing to stop us.   

The 0-7 string almost seems like a statistical anomaly but until they start winning the close ones the critics will be there.   

A voice of reason????  I think McD is a good coach, blessed with a great/maybe generational QB.  Until he starts winning these games, I will continue to have questions.

21 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

I think a better question is why you thought your opinion needed it’s own thread instead of just posting it in the existing one you mention. 

Because they don't look prepared the last 2-minutes (or OT) with the game on the line. 

Whether he said it or we've been told it about the Bills and him.  He doesn't look good in these situations imo. 

9 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

The failure to get into field goal range and stop the clock - that was done wrong at the end of the game, and at the end of the half for that matter.  

I don't necessarily blame it all on McD, but the 2 minute drill could use some more work.  

I see your point, but I am giving both teams a pass for anything they could have done better last week.   In all seriousness, I am glad no player died on Sunday.  In that heat and humidity, I don’t think any player was mentally or physically anywhere near the top of their game, especially in the second half.

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Oldmanfan will never question McD or the decisions.  

Like many here it is similar to a bull seeing red.  Mention McD and they get hostile and charge (and forget about engaging in a discussion or a debate).  

This thread was meant to examine if the Bills are so well prepared, then what is happening at the end of games that this has become a pattern.

Stop with your nonsense.  I was in here ripping the coaching staff after that 13 second fiasco.  You on the other hand are happy regardless of win or loss as long as the we throw for 300 yards snd/or if you think the game is exciting enough for you.  I’m sure you were delighted Sunday.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.