Doesn't McD claim the Bills are the best prepared team in the NFL - Yet at the end of games they fall apart?????

Billsfan1972

Over the last two seasons, the Bills have looked like the heavyweight boxer who packs the meanest right hook in the ring. They obliterate their opponents when they win, TKOs early and late, but for those few fighters who can take the punch, dish out a little of their own, and last until the final bell, the Bills lose on the scorecards, all close decisions. They’ve only been knocked out once (Colts), but generally they do the knocking out. 20 straight fights that have been stopped. One more stoppage and they’ll  break a record. We’ll start winning on the scorecards soon enough…

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Stanley Lombardi said:

No, McDermott has never claimed the Bills are the best prepared team in the NFL.  Others have claimed that about his teams, but not McDermott himself.

Thanks for asking.

I was wondering about that. McDermott practices humility. That type of chest thumping would be very out of character for him.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

No.  After the muff, if Allen tries to spike the ball it's intentional grounding (Jamis Winston did that in NO) and loss of down.  That's why Josh tried to make the play with Diggs.  McKenzie didn't think he could get out of bounds.  After he was down he ran to get the ball to the referee but was held by the Dolphin player to prevent him from getting there, so they ran out of time.

When Winston muffed the snap, the ball hit the ground, he could not spike it. Tasker was saying that he still could have spiked it since it never hit the ground. Since the rules seem to change every year, it's hard to say. 

13 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

When Winston muffed the snap, the ball hit the ground, he could not spike it. Tasker was saying that he still could have spiked it since it never hit the ground. Since the rules seem to change every year, it's hard to say. 

I heard Tasker say that today but Josh was pretty certain in his comment that he couldn't.  I guess when in doubt...don't.  Coaches should set him straight if he's wrong.

I just looked it up.  He can still spike the ball as long as he does it immediately.  So would it then be a judgment call by the ref?

Edited by jkeerie

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

No.  After the muff, if Allen tries to spike the ball it's intentional grounding (Jamis Winston did that in NO) and loss of down.  That's why Josh tried to make the play with Diggs.  McKenzie didn't think he could get out of bounds.  After he was down he ran to get the ball to the referee but was held by the Dolphin player to prevent him from getting there, so they ran out of time.

all he had to do was throw it over Diggs head out of bounds. 

Just now, jkeerie said:

I didn't catch how much time was on the clock.  That would have been the smart play if there was enough time.

would have been enough. Diggs caught the contested ball, landed, turned up field, started running, then inexplicably, instead of sprinting for sideline, he slows and stutter high stepped, for who knows why, before finally running out of bounds.

Diggs should have batted it to the ground. It was a possible pic 6. He should have played defense.

yes, i wanted to set a record, for commas.....lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

would have been enough. Diggs caught the contested ball, landed, turned up field, started running, then inexplicably, instead of sprinting for sideline, he slows and stutter high stepped, for who knows why, before finally running out of bounds.

Diggs should have batted it to the ground. It was a possible pic 6. He should have played defense.

yes, i wanted to set a record, for commas.....lol

Dorsey said this game was a learning experience for he and the offense.  He said mistakes are correctable.  I guess in all that heat, players weren't thinking too clearly either.

You can't hear me but I'm making a barf noise as my reaction to this take. 

Geez Louise. Did some of y'all honestly think they were gonna win every single one? Now's the time in the season to drop one and hopefully get the injury bug out the way. 

One L and so many of ya's are splitting hairs and picking nits while this incredible team is doing amazing things. Half the dang team nearly dropped dead and they still nearly pulled off the won. I can't be mad at that. 

8 hours ago, blacklabel said:

You can't hear me but I'm making a barf noise as my reaction to this take. 

Geez Louise. Did some of y'all honestly think they were gonna win every single one? Now's the time in the season to drop one and hopefully get the injury bug out the way. 

One L and so many of ya's are splitting hairs and picking nits while this incredible team is doing amazing things. Half the dang team nearly dropped dead and they still nearly pulled off the won. I can't be mad at that. 

I'm not mad.....  Just noting mistakes at ends of games seem to happen over and over.  

Yes a hot take and surprised not more was made of Mackenzie not going down.  Cost 4-5 seconds and a kick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.