Tommy Doyle torn ACL

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Wish we playing at home this week so the team would have an extra day to use our training facilities to continue to rehab and heal.

Those same facilities that have prevented us from injuries for so many years.  Ahhh yes. 😂

Just now, Behindenemylines said:

Those same facilities that have prevented us from injuries for so many years.  Ahhh yes. 😂

If ya can’t laugh you’ll cry

• Haha (+1) 1

I've torn each ACL.  First one, I also had meniscus folded up in the joint.  Could hardly walk, but went on a date the same night after tearing it, LOL.  It was buckling underneath me and was awful.  Second one was a partial tear and my knee was fairly stable, but didn't feel "right."  I'm guessing Tommy's didn't feel right.  Amazing that he powered through while pushing against 300 LB linemen in an NFL game and it didn't dislocate.  #Respect #Warrior

Have they removed his Spleen as a precautionary measure?

35 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What, exactly, do you expect out of a 6th or 7th round pick?

Well Doyle was a fifth round pick so I'm not sure how to answer you. 

That said I get what you are implying. Late round picks are even more of a crap shoot than first or second day picks. That is fair. I guess I look to those spots to either fill a specific role - punter, PK, kick return, or special teams as Beane has done, or someone that has some skill to develop. Doyle's only attribute was his height. Other than that he is athletically limited to be kind. 

Actually Doyle’s RAS scores were some of the highest ever recorded.  So athletically he’s a freak.

Brown’s were even higher…

Just checked…

Spencer Brown 10.0

Tommy Doyle 9.9

Both insane athletic scores.  Doesn’t mean they’ll be great football players but they have a chance.

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Well Doyle was a fifth round pick so I'm not sure how to answer you. 

That said I get what you are implying. Late round picks are even more of a crap shoot than first or second day picks. That is fair. I guess I look to those spots to either fill a specific role - punter, PK, kick return, or special teams as Beane has done, or someone that has some skill to develop. Doyle's only attribute was his height. Other than that he is athletically limited to be kind. 

When I looked a few years ago, 5th round picks actually had a worse record of NFL success than 6th or 7th rounders .... not sure why.

Yes, teams take players they feel can be developed there so clearly the Bills FO disagrees with you and felt there was athletic potential there

Whether they'd have made the same draft choices with Kromer vs Johnson as OL coach, who knows?

I guess it's a matter of if you're a "glass half full, glass half empty" guy - since the overall success rate is low in the 5th round, my view is if you miss, you miss

It's of more concern that Beane have a better hit rate earlier in the draft

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.