What I hate most about the loss.

NewEra

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The fans dismissing the loss aren't being intellectually honest. 

The offensive line looked like mid-2021 again. Allen has to maneuver out of sacks/pressure constantly. If that was Joe Burrow back there, he'd have taken 9 sacks on Sunday. RG a problem again, RT a problem again. 

Diggs, and I know you can't say this, disappeared in the 2nd half. Josh was desperately trying to find anyone that could make a play, and he had 2 catches, for 22 yards. 

Running back is again an issue, Singletary is a JAG, and Moss is a fringe-NFLer. So it goes right to the first point on the Offensive Line, but Josh again the leading rusher. 

Can't get 1-yard when we needed it. Saw this last year. 

Kahlil Shakir inactive again, team needed any kind of spark at WR, Crowder with low snaps as well. All this would be fine if Gabe Davis could separate, but he was blanketed all day. 

This is what some fans saw last year, and why they were clamoring for a 1st-Round WR. 

The Bills didn't do that, fine, but I would say its past time to try something different at RB, and the Bills have a 2nd-Rounder sitting on the bench for the most part while they try Zack Moss. 

If there is one area to be critical of Beane its the OL. It's been subpar for a while now. If it wasn't for Allen's ability to avoid the rush they might be considered the worst in the league. At the very least bottom 5. This is more of an offseason discussion but he really should look to rebuild it during the draft. Then there is the fact that both Poyer and Hyde are over 30 so he might have to start looking to get younger in the secondary as well.

Just now, Greg S said:

If there is one area to be critical of Beane its the OL. It's been subpar for a while now. If it wasn't for Allen's ability to avoid the rush they might be considered the worst in the league. At the very least bottom 5. This is more of an offseason discussion but he really should look to rebuild it during the draft. Then there is the fact that both Poyer and Hyde are over 30 so he might have to start looking to get younger in the secondary as well.

Yes, its okay to say this. 

We have sensitive fans who always have to preface statements praising McDermott and Beane. 

But, the line reared it's ugly head again on Sunday, and you're right, Allen makes it look easier than it is. His ability to feel pressure, escape, move, throw on the run, finding the checkdowns. 

And on defense, the Bills get credit for Hyde and Poyer (Doug Whaley was GM in 2017 when they were signed), and for building a league leading unit. They gotten a lot of mileage out of Hyde, Poyer, Milano, Edmunds, Tre White, Tauron Johnson. But Elam made sense, we haven't had a good #2 corner in a few years. 

What oi hate about the Loss is that the Bills went out of their way to lose it, it was not that Miami beat them. Good teams and even SB teams are allowed to have bad days, but this one was terrible! Injuries, bad timeclock management, Poor play calls, missed FG, etc. it was like the perfect storm of dung for the Bills. If only 1 out of the 7-10 things went ok, the Bills would have won. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The fans dismissing the loss aren't being intellectually honest. 

The offensive line looked like mid-2021 again. Allen has to maneuver out of sacks/pressure constantly. If that was Joe Burrow back there, he'd have taken 9 sacks on Sunday. RG a problem again, RT a problem again. 

Diggs, and I know you can't say this, disappeared in the 2nd half. Josh was desperately trying to find anyone that could make a play, and he had 2 catches, for 22 yards. 

Running back is again an issue, Singletary is a JAG, and Moss is a fringe-NFLer. So it goes right to the first point on the Offensive Line, but Josh again the leading rusher. 

Can't get 1-yard when we needed it. Saw this last year. 

Kahlil Shakir inactive again, team needed any kind of spark at WR, Crowder with low snaps as well. All this would be fine if Gabe Davis could separate, but he was blanketed all day. 

This is what some fans saw last year, and why they were clamoring for a 1st-Round WR. 

The Bills didn't do that, fine, but I would say its past time to try something different at RB, and the Bills have a 2nd-Rounder sitting on the bench for the most part while they try Zack Moss. 

The offensive line was full of 2nd and 3rd stringers besides Dawkins.  Although I do agree they need upgrade there, they were worse than usual because they were almost all backups and backup backups.  One guy was playing the rest of the game with a torn ACL because they literraly had no one else left.

Diggs "disappeared" in the second half because he had an IV in both arms.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

I thought the line played great the 1st couple of weeks.

Last week, when they had some 3rd stringers in there - not as much.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, Son of a K-Gun said:

I hate that the 72 Dolphins get to pop the champagne in week 3...was hoping to give them a scare this year.

They don't get to pop the champagne just yet.

The Eagles are still undefeated.

Fewer and fewer of those guys are left to actually pop the corks anyway.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:32 PM, HappyDays said:

It's crazy how much post game reactions on both sides are influenced by the final result. If Milano just returns the easiest pick six of his life the narrative today is Allen can do more with less and Tua will never be able to keep up with him. Instead the close score is prolonged, heat exhaustion and a ton of TOP slowly leads to more sloppiness on offense, and the Dolphins use it to their advantage to get back into the game. The whole game turned on that one play.

Exactly. If Milano returns that pick 6 (or any of those missed opportunities) people would hail McDermott for keeping it together when all odds were against him. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They don't get to pop the champagne just yet.

The Eagles are still undefeated.

Fewer and fewer of those guys are left to actually pop the corks anyway.

Yup, and so are the Dolphins…but if any team was a threat at going undefeated this year it was the Bills.  The 72’s aren’t losing sleep over Philly (despite their powderpuff schedule) or Tua’s Dolphins.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:49 PM, Jauronimo said:

McDaniel will be back working at Best Buy helping my grandpa delete spyware from his laptop in 3 years.

It was funny to see him in the locker room after the game.  He’s so small in comparison.  He reminds me of those guys on crime shows that are on the team because they know all these stats and techno stuff.  He comes off looking strange in those press room interviews.  Definitely not comfortable.

18 hours ago, Greg S said:

At the end of last season the offense of line was playing just fine all we did was bring back last years troop minus mongo and Williams

In the first two games they perform just fine we are never going to have high stat running backs because we don’t give them the ball enough

I really, really hate 63 passing attempts while wearing out the entire Buffalo skill players on an oppressively hot, humid day.

I had thought this sorta crap was gone to NYC with Daboll...is this new OC attempting to put a saddle on Josh Allen to ride him into becoming a HC somewhere next year?

Will the Buffalo receivers, QB even be recovered well enough to compete against the Ravens in Baltimore on Sunday?  Some players were throwing up, some had duel IV's they were so dehydrated. 

Does being up in a air conditioned box watching the game insulate the OC from comprehending what was happening on the field that day? 

Where the hell was the run game by the running backs again this week? Why is the Buffalo QB the leading rusher again? Bills GM Brandon Beane brought in a great run blocking OG from the Titans in Rodger Saffold. The Bills draft a stud elusive RB in James Cook in the second round in last Aprils draft and hardly utilize him? 

On a day where the Buffalo run game could have spared Buffalo the loss by wearing out the Miami defense. Yes, the Dolphins were keying on Singletary and holding him to a 1.4 YPC AVG. Zack Moss did break a big run and if that had been Cook it would have been a TD.  One carry by Cook, one carry by McKenzie, 4 carries by Moss. 15 carries all game by Buffalo RBs...yet 63 pass attempts!!

Buffalo time of possession 40:20 to Miami 19:40. Miami sat in the shade while the Bills roasted in the sun...with no air coolers too. A lot to dislike about this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

I really, really hate 63 passing attempts while wearing out the entire Buffalo skill players on an oppressively hot, humid day.

I had thought this sorta crap was gone to NYC with Daboll...is this new OC attempting to put a saddle on Josh Allen to ride him into becoming a HC somewhere next year?

Will the Buffalo receivers, QB even be recovered well enough to compete against the Ravens in Baltimore on Sunday?  Some players were throwing up, some had duel IV's they were so dehydrated. 

Does being up in a air conditioned box watching the game insulate the OC from comprehending what was happening on the field that day? 

Where the hell was the run game by the running backs again this week? Why is the Buffalo QB the leading rusher again? Bills GM Brandon Beane brought in a great run blocking OG from the Titans in Rodger Saffold. The Bills draft a stud elusive RB in James Cook in the second round in last Aprils draft and hardly utilize him? 

On a day where the Buffalo run game could have spared Buffalo the loss by wearing out the Miami defense. Yes, the Dolphins were keying on Singletary and holding him to a 1.4 YPC AVG. Zack Moss did break a big run and if that had been Cook it would have been a TD.  One carry by Cook, one carry by McKenzie, 4 carries by Moss. 15 carries all game by Buffalo RBs...yet 63 pass attempts!!

Buffalo time of possession 40:20 to Miami 19:40. Miami sat in the shade while the Bills roasted in the sun...with no air coolers too. A lot to dislike about this game.

But also a lot to like considering we dominated the game.  More than double their yards and 1st downs.  Held Hill to 2-30.  Really just gave up one big play while having all backups and PS DBs.  Rousseau looking dominant.  Cook flashed some.  

The conclusion sucked big time…. But the book wasn’t a bad read considering the unmitigated circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not all concerned with the loss.

My wife actually commended me on handling it so well.

Miami barely beat us (and we really beat ourselves) with 50% of starters and even had backup's backups needing to play significant time.

We are still the top dog.

Just need to get healthy.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, NewEra said:

What do you hate most about the loss?

The loss.  I find I'm developing a players mentality.  Nothing matters except winning.  

Play the game. Then move on. I hope they're recovering fro. The heat and have some good practices. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Not sure it's that simple.  The short passing game was working and we did roll up 497 yards.  We just couldn't make the key plays when we needed to starting with the final drive of the 1st half.  And from listening to Eric Wood during and after the game, the running game was severely hamstrung by the injury situation, especially at center.  We really had to condense the playbook and we were honestly better off just having Josh catch it in shotgun and play sandlot football at that point.

36 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

I'm not all concerned with the loss.

My wife actually commended me on handling it so well.

Miami barely beat us (and we really beat ourselves) with 50% of starters and even had backup's backups needing to play significant time.

We are still the top dog.

Just need to get healthy.

unfortunately, we’ve already lost two starters for the year… 😩

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.