What I hate most about the loss.

NewEra

16 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Why is it on Josh?  When you look at many of those losses, it was the defense that folded after Josh got us the lead.  Yesterday....I will discount because it was just a freakish day and Josh had little help from his oline and his receivers were gassed.

Yesterday I'm not going to say its not on Josh, but its not all on him by any stretch.  Here's every 1 score game we lost in that stretch.  

KC - Did enough to win, took lead with 13 seconds left

TB - We didn't score on the first possession in OT. but he did drive us down to tie the game.  We also got hosed on a blatant no-call holding that would have given us multiple chances to punch it in from the goalline.  

NE - Wind game

Jags - Allen played bad, so did everyone else on offense - i'll give that one to josh

Titans - Slipped QB sneak and a missed block.  Defense did let them score on the 2 drives in the 4th quarter though.  

Steelers - 10 point game that was made a 1 score game when we kicked a FG down 23-13.  We were down 13-10 in the 4th in this one and a blocked punt TD pretty much sealed it. 

There's some bad luck in there (steelers and titans), bad weather (NE and now Miami), and some poor performances all around (KC and TB defensively, and Jags game offensively).  In 2020 they were 6-1 in 1 score games.  

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Is that Miami fans get to enjoy the win.  That’s really the only thing that upsets me.  We were the better team yesterday but the football gods decided it wasn’t our day to get a win.

We completely dominated the game

497 yards 31 first downs.  90 plays

212 yards 15 first downs.  39 plays

-Missed fg.

-Sack/fumble led to easy 7

-We started the game extremely short handed suffered several more injuries.

-3rd and 22 bomb to waddle was 25% of their offense for the day.

-Milano dropped pick 6.

-due to the stadium and the weather, we played at a serious disadvantage the entire game.  
- the fins corners didn’t commit one holding/pi on 63 pass attempts. Sure 

- the fins got away with several cheap shots on Allen while allen gets caught for 15 on the most crucial drive of the game.

Give the Miami D credit for bending but not breaking.  They played great red zone d.  Howard and holland are studs.  McDaniel will be there for 20+ years.  But make no mistake who the better team was yesterday and is overall.  All great teams lose games they’re supposed to win (minus one team, one season).  

I ain’t worried about anything but injuries….. and posters making threads highlighting our resilience to injury. 

What do you hate most about the loss?

McDaniel will be back working at Best Buy helping my grandpa delete spyware from his laptop in 3 years.

• Haha (+1) 6

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have a troubled suspicion that Josh will never receive the protection from the NFL like Brady did. We had about 8-10 different ways to win that stupid heat stroke game yesterday. 

He got a ton of calls last year, and will continue to get them this year. They changed the rule about going low into QBs, so yesterday's hit wasn't a penalty. Nothing to do with getting calls or not. They missed the facemask in the end zone. That's about it.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yesterday I'm not going to say its not on Josh, but its not all on him by any stretch.  Here's every 1 score game we lost in that stretch.  

TB - We didn't score on the first possession in OT. but he did drive us down to tie the game.  We also got hosed on a blatant no-call holding that would have given us multiple chances to punch it in from the goalline.  

NE - Wind game

Jags - Allen played bad, so did everyone else on offense - i'll give that one to josh

Titans - Slipped QB sneak and a missed block.  Defense did let them score on the 2 drives in the 4th quarter though.  

Steelers - 10 point game that was made a 1 score game when we kicked a FG down 23-13.  We were down 13-10 in the 4th in this one and a blocked punt TD pretty much sealed it. 

There's some bad luck in there (steelers and titans), bad weather (NE and now Miami), and some poor performances all around (KC and TB defensively, and Jags game offensively).  In 2020 they were 6-1 in 1 score games.  

By far the worst was the Jags game, Bills were not prepared, were not into the game mentally unitl the dire end.  I blame McD on that.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

McDaniel will be back working at Best Buy helping my grandpa delete spyware from his laptop in 3 years.

When i first heard him, I had the same attitude but then it was Chris Simms? said he is the new wave of NFL HC, not the old tough macho disciplinarian.  Maybe Simms is correct.  Personally, I thought NFL players would never buy into his shtick/persona but so far I am dead wrong, and I might be wrong on Tua as well.

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the Bills had only 200 yards offensive and 19 points instead of five hundred…..then yeah, maybe blame the weather.  It’s almost impossible to accrue that many yards and under 20 points.  Sloppy.

The D didn’t loose this Gabe, though short handed 

Part of the sloppiness was caused by exhaustion.  The weather 💯 was a factor in our players performance on certain plays.  

Who put all the blame on the weather?  Some blame?  Absolutely.  Those that don’t think the weather had an affect on that game are on the verge of being brain dead.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Most will remember the embarrassing loss the Bills took in the Miami heat the second game of the 1990 season.  Marv pulled starters and many of the vets, most notably Bruce, voiced their deep resentment of being benched and disgust of how they played.

That loss, however, turned the season around and the Bills were on a mission the rest of the year.

Let's hope, save for the last play at Super Bowl XXV, history repeats itself.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

NE - Wind game

This is why I don't put it all on Josh.  Yes...there have been games where he plays poorly, but largely it's not always his fault.  BTW, it was 2021 when we were 6 and 1 in one score games.  In 2020 we were actually 2 to the good in one score games.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He got a ton of calls last year, and will continue to get them this year. They changed the rule about going low into QBs, so yesterday's hit wasn't a penalty. Nothing to do with getting calls or not. They missed the facemask in the end zone. That's about it.

Not so sure about that

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Josh Got karate kicked in the balls

Last time I checked that’s not a legal pass rush move… The zebras absolutely let the dolphins play dirty

Josh got molested in the pile also

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Most will remember the embarrassing loss the Bills took in the Miami heat the second game of the 1990 season.  Marv pulled starters and many of the vets, most notably Bruce, voiced their deep resentment of being benched and disgust of how they played.

That loss, however, turned the season around and the Bills were on a mission the rest of the year.

Let's hope, save for the last play at Super Bowl XXV, history repeats itself.  

Von Miller said in his presser that these kinds of games can have positive team effects.

What kills me is 9 Drives and only 17 offensive points.

Drive 1 - TD (+7)

Drive 2 - Fumble (-7 free pts for Fins. Allen needs to feel pressure take sack and not fumble. Horrible blitz pickup)

Drive 3 - TD (+7)

Drive 4 - Punt (better) (0)

Drive 5 - End of half (horrible) (0)

Drive 6 - FG (+3 okay)

Drive 7 - Missed FG (0. Inexcusable 38 yard FG miss)

Drive 8 - Downs (0 needed a TD, but led to +2 safety)

Drive 9 - End of game (0 points)

9 drive 17 points, 1.8 points per drive 

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have a troubled suspicion that Josh will never receive the protection from the NFL like Brady did. We had about 8-10 different ways to win that stupid heat stroke game yesterday. 

Steelers, Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys & Packers are the NFL darlings, & it won't change anytime soon. Newbies to the scene appear to be the Chargers & Rams.

Until we all accept this, we'll be miserable 😐

48 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

I hate that they can't seem to win close games 0-6 in the last 6 games decided by 7 point or less.  Sorry Josh, elite QBs win close games.

Was the Hail Murray on Josh? Was 0:13 seconds on Josh? In both games Allen had the Bills with the lead when he walked off the field for the last time.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

I hate that they can't seem to win close games 0-6 in the last 6 games decided by 7 point or less.  Sorry Josh, elite QBs win close games.

You either don't understand what small sample size is or understimate its effect. I don't blame you, most people don't get it.

I am pretty certain that Josh will win a lot of close games for us in the future, including some big ones.

I give you that he failed at the end yesterday. He hits McKenzie for easy TD, we likely win. But that is also just one of the many many things which if they go differently, we win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.