What I hate most about the loss.

NewEra

Is that Miami fans get to enjoy the win.  That’s really the only thing that upsets me.  We were the better team yesterday but the football gods decided it wasn’t our day to get a win.

We completely dominated the game

497 yards 31 first downs.  90 plays

212 yards 15 first downs.  39 plays

-Missed fg.

-Sack/fumble led to easy 7

-We started the game extremely short handed suffered several more injuries.

-3rd and 22 bomb to waddle was 25% of their offense for the day.

-Milano dropped pick 6.

-due to the stadium and the weather, we played at a serious disadvantage the entire game.  
- the fins corners didn’t commit one holding/pi on 63 pass attempts. Sure 

- the fins got away with several cheap shots on Allen while allen gets caught for 15 on the most crucial drive of the game.

Give the Miami D credit for bending but not breaking.  They played great red zone d.  Howard and holland are studs.  McDaniel will be there for 20+ years.  But make no mistake who the better team was yesterday and is overall.  All great teams lose games they’re supposed to win (minus one team, one season).  

I ain’t worried about anything but injuries….. and posters making threads highlighting our resilience to injury. 

What do you hate most about the loss?

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TN Bills Fan said:

I hate that they can't seem to win close games 0-6 in the last 6 games decided by 7 point or less.  Sorry Josh, elite QBs win close games.

Why is it on Josh?  When you look at many of those losses, it was the defense that folded after Josh got us the lead.  Yesterday....I will discount because it was just a freakish day and Josh had little help from his oline and his receivers were gassed.

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Is that Miami fans get to enjoy the win.  That’s really the only thing that upsets me.  We were the better team yesterday but the football gods decided it wasn’t our day to get a win.

We completely dominated the game

497 yards 31 first downs.  90 plays

212 yards 15 first downs.  39 plays

-Missed fg.

-Sack/fumble led to easy 7

-We started the game extremely short handed suffered several more injuries.

-3rd and 22 bomb to waddle was 25% of their offense for the day.

-Milano dropped pick 6.

-due to the stadium and the weather, we played at a serious disadvantage the entire game.  
- the fins corners didn’t commit one holding/pi on 63 pass attempts. Sure 

- the fins got away with several cheap shots on Allen while allen gets caught for 15 on the most crucial drive of the game.

Give the Miami D credit for bending but not breaking.  They played great red zone d.  Howard and holland are studs.  McDaniel will be there for 20+ years.  But make no mistake who the better team was yesterday and is overall.  All great teams lose games they’re supposed to win (minus one team, one season).  

I ain’t worried about anything but injuries….. and posters making threads highlighting our resilience to injury. 

What do you hate most about the loss?

I hate the loss for what it was: a loss to a division opponent. Miami is a good team, but it literally took all of the injuries, the weather, the mistakes by the offense, and Miami making almost every critical play they had the opportunity to make - just to win by two points.

They need to get people healthy over next few weeks. It is still early in a long season. At full strength, the Bills are the best team in the NFL. Of that I have no doubt. They will be fine.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the Bills had only 200 yards offensive and 19 points instead of five hundred…..then yeah, maybe blame the weather.  It’s almost impossible to accrue that many yards and under 20 points.  Sloppy.

The D didn’t loose this Gabe, though short handed 

Steelers lost 24-6 to the Texans while outgaining them 422 to 47.

https://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021209steele1209p2.asp#:~:text=The expansion Houston Texans%2C 13,47 yards in total offense.

If the Dolphins fans think they've got a great team then they're in for a rude awakening. They'll enjoy the win but need to play muh better than they did yesterday to finish the season with a winning record. And the first two weeks hardly stand out either - a victory over a poor Patriots team and beating up a shredded secondary in Baltimore.

And that's how I'm try to placate myself. They didn't beat us, we beat us. And yet only lost by two despite how many injuries we had at the end of the game.

• Agree 2

I hate the fact that Milano dropped a pick 6.  I hate the fact Davis dropped a TD and no challenge was made (after all the bad challenges McD has made throughout his career so far).  I hate the fact that they didn't blitz and allowed Tua to sit back for 4-5 seconds to launch a bomb on 3rd and 22 to Waddle.  There is a lot of things I hate about this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It's crazy how much post game reactions on both sides are influenced by the final result. If Milano just returns the easiest pick six of his life the narrative today is Allen can do more with less and Tua will never be able to keep up with him. Instead the close score is prolonged, heat exhaustion and a ton of TOP slowly leads to more sloppiness on offense, and the Dolphins use it to their advantage to get back into the game. The whole game turned on that one play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

I hate that they can't seem to win close games 0-6 in the last 6 games decided by 7 point or less.  Sorry Josh, elite QBs win close games.

He had more completions than the Dolphins had offensive plays. He set a franchise record for attempts 63 (see below) in that heat, w/ o-linemen going down all around him & had a 67% completion. He put the ball right in Davis hands for a TD, that was dropped. He led them to FG range at the end & there was a false start, & still came back w/ the pocket collapsing he hit McKenzie to set up what would have been a 60 yd FG attempt, they were about 3 seconds too short. Other than the missed pass to McKenzie on 4th & goal, not sure what you want. He played his guts out. What we're seeing from him is what elite looks like.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.