Benford has fracture in hand

Big Blitz

21 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Benford's hand can be protected with a cast.  I think he'll play versus the Chiefs.

It could be possible, but how effective would he really be. Normally you see d line or linebacker play through with a cast but not a DB that relies on good hands as a critical part of their play.

• Agree 1

This conversation about a brace or club, tells me someone doesn’t know what a Dback does as his hands are his weapons.  It’s why there are certain positions where being a previous wrestler is a positive.  It’s a fundamental in wrestling for hand fighting.  You can’t do that wearing a brace.

Keep him out until he’s healthy.  Hopefully that’s GB as he’s already practicing and has over 2 weeks.  He’s not playing Sunday.

• Agree 1

I strongly suspect that Benford will be allowed to fully recover, before he sees game-time again, barring emergencies.

The Bills have shown consistently that this is their modus operandi regarding injuries.

I for one, cant remember the last time a player was rushed back by this regime, post & non-COVID.

Though I may well be wrong.

I would guess, same as others above, that Benford will be back post the Bye week.

Hope that made sense, slightly tipsy.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

It could be possible, but how effective would he really be. Normally you see d line or linebacker play through with a cast but not a DB that relies on good hands as a critical part of their play.

If I recall correctly?  Stephen Gilmore played half a year with a club on his hand.  And pretty well for the Bills.  Well besides tackling, haha.

6 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Remember when Gilmore played with a club? Total nightmare!

I thought he played ok?  I probably misremember.  We thought he couldn’t tackle, but, that was all the time.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This conversation about a brace or club, tells me someone doesn’t know what a Dback does as his hands are his weapons.  It’s why there are certain positions where being a previous wrestler is a positive.  It’s a fundamental in wrestling for hand fighting.  You can’t do that wearing a brace.

Keep him out until he’s healthy.  Hopefully that’s GB as he’s already practicing and has over 2 weeks.  He’s not playing Sunday.

I agree and agree about keeping him out till healthy.

6 hours ago, HunTim said:

I strongly suspect that Benford will be allowed to fully recover, before he sees game-time again, barring emergencies.

The Bills have shown consistently that this is their modus operandi regarding injuries.

I for one, cant remember the last time a player was rushed back by this regime, post & non-COVID.

Though I may well be wrong.

I would guess, same as others above, that Benford will be back post the Bye week.

Hope that made sense, slightly tipsy.

Agreed.  Love that we don’t rush guys back, the players probably do too.

Love that we have great facilities and medical staff.

We are very deep too, let them heal.  Surprised Gabe played on the bad ankle.  Seems fine now though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Manther said:

If I recall correctly?  Stephen Gilmore played half a year with a club on his hand.  And pretty well for the Bills.  Well besides tackling, haha.

I thought he played ok?  I probably misremember.  We thought he couldn’t tackle, but, that was all the time.

I agree and agree about keeping him out till healthy.

Agreed.  Love that we don’t rush guys back, the players probably do too.

Love that we have great facilities and medical staff.

We are very deep too, let them heal.  Surprised Gabe played on the bad ankle.  Seems fine now though.

Gilmore definitely didn’t play well with the club……he played well with the cast. Not sure which team, but I think it was the Bengals……they attacked him all game and couldn’t wrap up giving up big plays.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Gilmore definitely didn’t play well with the club……he played well with the cast. Not sure which team, but I think it was the Bengals……they attacked him all game and couldn’t wrap up giving up big plays.

That rings a bell, I recall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.