Benford has fracture in hand

Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, eball said:

With Tre and Benford returning, we’re going to have an embarrassment of riches in the secondary.  I really hate it for Hyde that he’ll have to watch from the sidelines.

With all the injuries this year and league wide I'm starting to believe there's no such thing. But, having everyone healthy is definitely a good problem to have.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably too soon. That is a big cast on his hand.  My guess is he is back after the bye, same as Tre.

I think the Bills tend to manage injuries more conservatively and it is likely they want to bring Tre, Benford and Kumerow all back after the bye and get the team as close to 100% as possible heading into the long run of the season. It is possible that after the bye this team could have everyone who hadn’t suffered a long term injury back.

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Benford never went on IR correct?

Can he play this week or too soon with the injury?  

Correct. Yes he can play. McDermott said he expected him to miss a couple games “give or take”. So we are in the window but his hand still wrapped pretty well 

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably too soon. That is a big cast on his hand.  My guess is he is back after the bye, same as Tre.

? where are you seeing a big cast on his hand?  I see #47 in a red jersey, he is wearing two white gloves, may be some protective padding under one glove

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Sorry, looked like a cast when I first saw it, but maybe just heavy padding?

That's my thought.  Possibly a thin custom splint of heat moulded plastic protecting the palm and a big wad of padding to protect the suture line on the back of the hand from casual contact.

I think it's actually a very good sign that they didn't club it up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Poyer in a red non-contact jersey seems like a big deal. Is it possible he doesn't play Sunday? We need him 

Not sure we do "need" him for the game. For the back side of the season ? Yes , agreed !

But sure would like him back if he is ready to go and no chance of slowing down his Full recovery

Go Benford !

Go Bills 

43 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

He was not placed on IR. He had surgery about a week ago. It was his right hand. I could see vs Green Bay at the earliest.

I think they get Benford, Kumerow and possibly Tre all back after the bye week. Bills really need a bye week not only for the guys who are not playing but also for the guys that are playing through injuries. The week of rest will go a long way to getting this team as close to 100% as it can possibly be at this point. Poyer, Edumonds and Knox I would lean towards playing but it is possible that any combination of them may not play. Mac definitely looks like he will be back which is a boost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.