Benford has fracture in hand

Big Blitz

at this point let's take our lumps, dress the janitor if we have to and recognize that probably means fighting for a playoff spot.  I expect we'll be reliving this game for a while coulda woulda shoulda but this is where we are now.  Let the guys get healthy and maybe we can field a NFL level starting lineup by week 10?

• Eyeroll 2

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Without reading the whole thread, how long is he expected to be out? 6-8?

That's the usual time frame for broken bones, but it depends on how well he could play with a cast on it. Could be sooner, but I doubt it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Of course it's baaaad given how depleted the secondary is already. But if he's out "only" 5-6 weeks, the team will be stronger overall. The thing is... they have to win at least the division! DLinemen should be all back, correct? At least they can put pressure again on the QB. The Fish had very average offensive numbers so the D did its job.

At what point do we make a serious push to trade draft capital for some secondary help?

I'm not sure if our opportunity will ever be as good as it is this year, and rather than allow some injuries make us worse, we should be doing everything possible to make a trade that will not only replace Benford and/or Hyde, but upgrade our secondary on top of it.  

If it is at all possible, you do that instead of promoting someone off PS or signing players that didn't make anyone's roster and hoping you found a diamond in the rough.

Part of what made this team the Super Bowl favorite is being one of the few teams in the NFL that has a top tier offense AND defense.  With all these injuries as it stands right now, I'd argue that our defense is still good, but no longer top tier.  

The Rams don't win the super bowl last year without their mid-season trades / acquisitions.  

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

At what point do we make a serious push to trade draft capital for some secondary help?

I'm not sure if our opportunity will ever be as good as it is this year, and rather than allow some injuries make us worse, we should be doing everything possible to make a trade that will not only replace Benford and/or Hyde, but upgrade our secondary on top of it.  

If it is at all possible, you do that instead of promoting someone off PS or signing players that didn't make anyone's roster and hoping you found a diamond in the rough.

Part of what made this team the Super Bowl favorite is being one of the few teams in the NFL that has a top tier offense AND defense.  With all these injuries as it stands right now, I'd argue that our defense is still good, but no longer top tier.  

The Rams don't win the super bowl last year without their mid-season trades / acquisitions.  

What team out there is willing to get rid of their good secondary players?  

Edited by GolfandBills

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

There are a lot of good secondary players still out there that could be signed.

42 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

We're there any other injuries yesterday? Or just heat related stuff

What movie was this? I remember it as a kid. Looks like it's supposed to be funny but freaked me out as a kid

That gif is from the British sitcom "The IT Crowd".  If you like that kind of humor, it's great!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

It's a good question, but I wonder what happens once Tre, Benford, Dane and Poyer are all ready to go again.  I could see adding one piece to take Hyde's spot.  Maybe a guy that could play both corner and safety?  I don't follow the happenings around the league.  Is there anyone that might be available via trade?

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Better to have it early in the year than late.   White will be back in two weeks, and hopefully they get Dane Jackson back soon as well.

I agree, and I promise I’m not being a downer or a jerk, but unfortunately it isn’t the case that they can’t happen later as well. 

I find a bit of comfort in knowing the second and third stringers are getting the reps early, getting a better look, and are more of a known quality. Thus, if needed later as well…

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

What team out there is willing to get rid of their good secondary players?  

I would imagine there are teams with depth at corner that is likely more valuable than our options in the FA pool.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a "superstar".

But I'm also just saying, make it a top priority to explore the possibilities, even if there are ultimately no options to choose from.

Edited by BobBelcher

16 minutes ago, mcjeff215 said:

I agree, and I promise I’m not being a downer or a jerk, but unfortunately it isn’t the case that they can’t happen later as well. 

I find a bit of comfort in knowing the second and third stringers are getting the reps early, getting a better look, and are more of a known quality. Thus, if needed later as well…

I was having the same thought typing my original message.   Football is football, but my hope is we cant be snakebitten all year,

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.