Cowherd killing Bills coaching in his monologue

zow2

Cowherd is a tool 

Last week he was fawning over the bills and their culture

He said plenty of great things about Sean McDermott and the way he runs things

They were his super bowl favorites 10 days ago

But he is a shock jock radio host… He would call his mom a dirt bag to get ratings 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Cowherd's right. I can't think of any close games the Bills have won. They have either blown the other team out or lost. I think it's a problem for a team that has super bowl aspirations to lose every single close game they play because you know there will be close games in the post season. Brady and Rodgers are known for winning close games and we have seen first hand Mahomes do it. When will Josh do it?

Yall keep harping on this skewed stat that is only based in recency bias like it says anything, but it really doesnt.

We win a lot. When we win, we beat teams well. The few times we do lose, teams barely beat us by only a couple points and usually due to some lucky breaks.

The opposite of this is squeaking out close wins, and getting blown out in losses. But that's not how good teams work. KC has pretty much the same "issue". They win most of their games, and when they do lose, they still manage to keep it close.

It's especially unfair to ask "When will Josh do it?". He already did it against the Cardinals, but the D let up a fluke Hail Mary. He already did it against the Chiefs, but the D... well we know how that went. Previous to that, he did it against the Rams at home in 2020, a game we won by 3 points. BTW, there were a few 1-score victories in 2020 (even a 3pt win in the playoffs), but folks cut them out since it wouldnt look as dramatic as saying "0-7".

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

In a nutshell,  

Bills have a defensive coach. Allen is being used like Cam in Carolina.

6 years in, No ability to run the ball unless it’s Allen.  

No ability to create offense outside of Allen.

This can’t last with Allen. He will age out overnight down the road like Cam or Big Ben.

Great knockout punch but Only the Texans are as bad as Buffalo in close games since beginning of last year.

Not a fluke, happens because QB is exhausted and gets sloppy at the end from being overused.

Allen is a great passer unlike Cam was. Allen has a future, even if it’s strictly as a passer and not a runner.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

-- Next-to-last possession in the 2nd half. 2nd and goal (about a foot to go): Allen in shotgun for 3 straight plays, beginning with RPO that loses almost 2 yards.

The Bills had their 3rd string center in the game for this sequence.  If Morse was playing I agree with your point 100%.  

The Ben R. reference is misplaced, but I otherwise agree with Cowherd.  Bills need to figure out the run game, both in the short and long term to take pressure off of Allen and prolong his career.  I have no idea if the issues are with the o-line, the play calling, the scheme or the running backs.  I am still surprised we drafted Cook in the second round.  If he can't be an every down back, then we did not get good value for that pick.  We will see.

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yall keep harping on this skewed stat that is only based in recency bias like it says anything, but it really doesnt.

We win a lot. When we win, we beat teams well. The few times we do lose, teams barely beat us by only a couple points and usually due to some lucky breaks.

The opposite of this is squeaking out close wins, and getting blown out in losses. But that's not how good teams work. KC has pretty much the same "issue". They win most of their games, and when they do lose, they still manage to keep it close.

It's especially unfair to ask "When will Josh do it?". He already did it against the Cardinals, but the D let up a fluke Hail Mary. He already did it against the Chiefs, but the D... well we know how that went. Previous to that, he did it against the Rams at home in 2020, a game we won by 3 points. BTW, there were a few 1-score victories in 2020 (even a 3pt win in the playoffs), but folks cut them out since it wouldnt look as dramatic as saying "0-7".

Yep, remember when everyone focused on our blowout losses? “Good coaching staffs don’t let that happen!”

Instead of winning small and losing big, we now win big and lose small. We are a good team on a different part of the spectrum. That’s a good thing. 

I wish it came with a solid, reliable run game that didn’t include Josh. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

The Ben R. reference is misplaced, but I otherwise agree with Cowherd.  Bills need to figure out the run game, both in the short and long term to take pressure off of Allen and prolong his career.  I have no idea if the issues are with the o-line, the play calling, the scheme or the running backs.  I am still surprised we drafted Cook in the second round.  If he can't be an every down back, then we did not get good value for that pick.  We will see.

They took Cook in the 2nd round and upgraded, or tried to upgrade, the OL. They are aware of the issue. It’s just hard to have everything fixed at the same time with limited draft and cap resources. I think Cook will find his stride in time……but we shall wait and see! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Yep, remember when everyone focused on our blowout losses? “Good coaching staffs doin’r let that happen!”

Instead of winning small and losing big, we now win big and lose small. We are a good team on a different part of the spectrum. That’s a good thing. 

I wish it came with a solid, reliable run game that didn’t include Josh. 

Agreed on the run game. Heck, I was one that was banging the table for drafting Travis Etienne 2 years ago. We definitely need to upgrade at Center with a more balanced player. Morse is great in pass protection, but not great in the run game. I won't bother analyzing the backups because, well, theyre backups. I dont expect them to be great or even very good. Just serviceable. Problem is, when you are on 2nd and 3rd stringers across the OL, they arent going to run or pass block well, but at least passing from the shotgun gives Josh a couple seconds and the ability to improvise.

Tough game.

On to Baltimore.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

You really have to wonder how bad this team would be without an elite franchise QB.

McDermott is just another shade of Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, etc but he is bailed out because of Allen no matter how many fans defend him and claim otherwise.

This is also why JA17 may win his first MVP award this year.

Isn't that true for just about any team?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Nice to cherry picks stats!  There's another whole thread on this, believe it states how McD is 1-6 is or 0-7 since last year??

Terrible in close games since last year!

Yeah OK, but what about the year prior when they were like 6-0

Added all up McD is around .500 in close games, not great, but also not terrible.  But easy to find stats to support a position.  As the old saying goes: "Figures don't lie, but liars figure!"

The thing is, No one cares about 2020 or prior. It’s football, so people care about the now.  Whatever this ridiculously bad streak they are on in close games needs to be rectified.  And i bet it’s keeping McDermott up at night trying to figure this out.

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I've been saying for a couple years we need less Superman Josh Allen and more Team Leader Josh Allen.

I wont judge too much based on yesterday that was a perfect storm and they still came pretty close

Speaking as a fan who doesn't get to see inside the locker room, it seems to me like Allen is about as much a team leader as anybody could possibly ask for.  Can you name a QB who's more clearly the undisputed leader of his team?  I can't.  That's not to knock anybody else's leadership, just to point out that Allen's coaches and teammates seem to have nothing but respect for him, and he's been instrumental in recruiting FAs to Buffalo.  

Also, I don't think you get Team Leader Josh Allen without regular appearances by Superman Josh Allen.  Tyrod Taylor and Kyle Orton may have been the coolest, most team-oriented guys you'll ever meet (no idea) but their NFL leadership ability is limited by their ability to play high-level football.

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The thing is, No one cares about 2020 or prior. It’s football, so people care about the now.  Whatever this ridiculously bad streak they are on in close games needs to be rectified.  And i bet it’s keeping McDermott up at night trying to figure this out.

It's just random luck.  There's nothing to rectify or figure out.  

Every single season we see teams that win an improbably large number of close games and teams that lose an improbably large number of close games.  Last year, we were in that second camp.  It doesn't mean anything.

Edited by BillsFanSD

One loss and this place turns into hot poopy take central. There have been less designed runs for Allen this year than any previous year. I despise the talking heads. Don't watch one bit of any kinda network analysis, I'll catch some stuff online but that's it. And I watch the games on mute. 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

You really have to wonder how bad this team would be without an elite franchise QB.

McDermott is just another shade of Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, etc but he is bailed out because of Allen no matter how many fans defend him and claim otherwise.

This is also why JA17 may win his first MVP award this year.

Oh man it’s gonna be a long week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.