Cowherd killing Bills coaching in his monologue

zow2

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Newsflash,  Cowherd is right and Trent Dilfer totally agreed with him. McD in his entire tenure at Buffalo has failed to develop a running game. He expects JA to be 100% of the offense and eventually he'll get hurt.

Trent Dilfer would know. An average QB that won a super bowl due to a good D and coach. If Dilfer can win a super bowl, McD should be able to win with Ferrari Josh. Anything less is embarrassing. 

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

In a nutshell,  

Bills have a defensive coach. Allen is being used like Cam in Carolina.

6 years in, No ability to run the ball unless it’s Allen.  

No ability to create offense outside of Allen.

This can’t last with Allen. He will age out overnight down the road like Cam or Big Ben.

Great knockout punch but Only the Texans are as bad as Buffalo in close games since beginning of last year.

Not a fluke, happens because QB is exhausted and gets sloppy at the end from being overused.

Since the beginning of the 2020 season, Josh has thrown 82 TDs. Unless Allen is catching these himself, WTF does this even mean?!?

I don't like that Allen was 2nd on the team in rushing yds and rushing tds and I agree on the Cam thing. 

Ben played a long time.

Vs the Rams, Allen threw for a TD and ran for one in the 4th Quarter and had another TD pass in the 3rd.

Vs the Titans, Allen threw for 2 TDs in the 2nd half

Looking at games from last year, Allen was pretty productive in the 2nd half of games. Not sure where he's getting this from.

2 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

We had issues in BOTH end of halves with time management.  That's on the coaches.  Allen had 90 seconds to get the ball 45 yards and couldn't get it done.  That's on him as well.  They were 2 of 4 in goal to go drives, that's on the team.  But I do believe coach Cowher has a point when he says the coaching is doing something wrong when it comes to figuring out how to run the ball.  Moss, Singletary, and Cook are all high draft choices.  None of them (besides the Moss 43 yard run) are able to run the ball effectively.  That's 100% on the coaching and the inability to scheme up run plays to getting these guys space.

It's not 100% on the coaches. That's just ridiculous. As if the oline is not to blame for horrible run blocking, or injuries are not to blame for not having our starters on the oline, or even Beane is not to blame for not bringing in players who can effectively run block. Coaching is totally part of it, but there is plenty of blame to go around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's just a Trumaine Edmunds situation. McDermott's haters watch the games with hyper focus, looking for any tiny thing that they can point to to continue to build their case against McDermott. Even if McDermott is perfect in every way, they will still point to execution errors by the players to blame McDermott. If we win by 30 it is because of Josh Allen, Leslie Frazier, and Ken Dorsey. It is never because of McDermott. They hate him, and they will never give him any credit, only blame.

I know it's become a board meme at this point, but there were posters who quite honestly found fault with his CLAPPING of all things.  There are always going to be folks that look for the worst in every situation.  Anything short of absolute perfection and they'll rush to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Josh Allen isn’t Can Newton he’s a 6’5 John Elway. People forget how much those 80s Broncos teams where to a one man gang until Terrell Davis came along in the late 90s so he wouldn’t have to do it himself did he finally win a Super Bowl. Cam had nowhere near the accuracy and touch Josh does but Elway definitely did. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Trent Dilfer would know. An average QB that won a super bowl due to a good D and coach. If Dilfer can win a super bowl, McD should be able to win with Ferrari Josh. Anything less is embarrassing. 

Dilfer won because the Ravens had a collection of defensive players that comprised one of the top 3 defenses in NFL history.  And it helped that they had a matchup in the Super Bowl against a crap team.  As if Brian Billick, Marvin Lewis and the Ryans are some GOAT collection of coaching talent.  I'd take our guys over those dudes any day of the week. 

Bills in-game coaching is average to below average.

Fans here will be the last people on Earth to acknowledge this, but so what?

Here's a good read, see what you think:

"BILLS HAVE A COMPOSURE PROBLEM"  

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/geary-bills-have-a-composure-problem

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh Allen isn’t Can Newton he’s a 6’5 John Elway. People forget how much those 80s Broncos teams where to a one man gang until Terrell Davis came along in the late 90s so he wouldn’t have to do it himself did he finally win a Super Bowl. Cam had nowhere near the accuracy and touch Josh does but Elway definitely did. 

First time reading this and it's the best comparison I've seen so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont disagree with him, that much.   However using Big Ben as an example when he won 2 Superbowls and is likely a 1st ballot hall of famer, and played until he was 39 years old is a bit obtuse.

Big Ben rarely had a team that couldn't run the ball effectively and he was pretty washed for his last 3 or so years.  

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

In a nutshell,  

Bills have a defensive coach. Allen is being used like Cam in Carolina.

6 years in, No ability to run the ball unless it’s Allen.  

No ability to create offense outside of Allen.

This can’t last with Allen. He will age out overnight down the road like Cam or Big Ben.

Great knockout punch but Only the Texans are as bad as Buffalo in close games since beginning of last year.

Not a fluke, happens because QB is exhausted and gets sloppy at the end from being overused.

There is truth to this.  In the first two games, Josh was protected.  Yesterday, not so much.  We do need a running game, especially for games like this.  Our receivers were gassed yesterday when normally the Bills are getting chunk plays from those receivers.  Josh had to wait on his receivers yesterday more than normal.  A lot of the talking heads nationally are saying that the Bills are putting too much on Josh.

Yesterday, was a freakish day, with the Bills already banged up.  I'd like to see the Bills get healthy this week and also work on establishing more of a running game, so that we can have a two-pronged approach moving forward.  

30 minutes ago, McBean said:

Sean Payton.

Get him here next year Beane.

If not, we are going to waste Allen.

Another one of Cowherd's narratives is that he hates defensive head coaches in today's game.  He was politicking for Doug Pederson to be hired by anyone last spring, and finally the Jags got him   Even though McD has created a great culture, who knows,  maybe a Pederson or a Payton would get them over the hump?

As for the Bills, Daboll was pretty much the offense head coach and now Dorsey.  So it's a different animal here.  I think McDermott knows he doesn't have the expertise on that side of the ball so he defers to Daboll/Dorsey.  

22 minutes ago, TH3 said:

With third string O line? LOL

The “third string O line” could have used a break from the nonstop blitzing. Kromer can dial up a scheme to grind out a drive. The roster is full of players up and down the depth chart that can play that way; except for the RB. This team has no effective run game because it doesn’t have a decent enough RB, to make the defense consider defending them. 

Cook has shown nothing yet, except he doesn’t have great hands. Miss doesn’t belong on this team. One 46 yard scramble doesn’t help, when you can’t hang your hat on 3rd and short. 

The O line and it’s depth are a strength of this team. Running Back by committee is killing them. 

50 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Throw the Dolphins game in the trash. There are to many variables to draw conclusions after one freaking loss 

I know this is the right thing to do. I've known it for over 4 decades, but I still feel like going berserk and my Mondays after a game like this are ruined. I hate Miami more than ever now. I'd also be surprised if the issue of Tua getting concussed going forward doesn't rear it's ugly head.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.