What Is "Christian Nationalism"?

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nope. Everyone here knows you’re a homophobe. 

Aren't you the guy that knowingly misgenders men as women?  What's that saying about glass houses?

And I don't think he is a homophobe at all.  I think you may be though. 

Edited by Tenhigh

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nope. Everyone here knows you’re a homophobe. 

Hardly. You can hunker in down there in your protected bunker claiming everyone else is afraid of everything but those living up here on the surface of the planet know otherwise. You really ought to come up for air once in a while. You’ll find that the vast majority of people to be really, really nice. Come on, you can do it. Here kitty, kitty, kitty it’s going to be OK. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hardly. You can hunker in down there in your protected bunker claiming everyone else is afraid of everything but those living up here on the surface of the planet know otherwise. You really ought to come up for air once in a while. You’ll find that the vast majority of people to be really, really nice. Come on, you can do it. Here kitty, kitty, kitty it’s going to be OK. 

You’re the one sitting in a bunker demanding special treatment… smfh

On 9/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, Tiberius said:

I mean we have a first amendment, so WTF is this? 

Well this country use to be a country that had it's moral values in line the things written in the bible were used as their outline of how to create laws that would resemble those that are written as the christian base line to follow as a moral guide but that has long since went straight to hell !!

This is a society now that doesn't see that having any kind of moral structure is a good thing in all walks of life & it shows from the gov't as our leaders on down to the people . It seems as if most just want a lawless society which has been shown more so in the last 3 years than i have ever seen in my lifetime .

The defund the police thing & allowing criminals to have more rights than the law abiding people is just a start . I don't know that i have ever seen a time when the criminals or the families of criminals get rewarded more for being bad or are made to look as if they were the ones wronged & the lawful looked to be the bad guy .

There are many many examples of it in the past but just like this post by Tibs & it's heading as we have seen in his past reply's common sense is not one of his strong points & is more the problem than the solution . Stupid is as stupid does .

If you don't know the answer to the heading posted that is a truly sad thing !! I'm truly afraid for the future if not just for this country but the world in general.

The US use to be the shining light of how things should be done the right way but the power given to those put in the position to lead has taken advantage of the positions given and they have shown how it is easier to vote them selves to be in a good light rather than truly stand for the right or moral thing to do by & for the people .

Morals are no longer the map for Washington in general if you have ever been there Biblical verses were carved on a lot of the buildings to remind us of where the building blocks of this country came from but are now just looked over to be nothing but a old verses out of a old book for fools .

S**T roles down hill & the people for the most part are following suit as shown by the leaders of this country & as we are led . If we wonder why this country has gone to total S**T &  are asked the questions as posed in this headline of this post there is no need to wonder why the country & it's people have become what it has . GO FIGURE !! 

On 9/30/2022 at 11:40 AM, Tiberius said:

Republicans, in general,  want zero immigration 

No i don't believe it i believe they just want LEGAL immigration the way it was meant to be not just a open door policy like this president wants & has proven he wants by ignoring what he has caused .

He ships immigrants all over the US but when a republican loads those same "Undocumented immigrants" that he allows in the country & ships them to his or what those that support as "sanctuary cities" all of then sudden those poor people are being used as a pawn yet they are doing the same thing as they are just not the way they want it to be .

They just don't want a open door policy because weather you believe so or not all that costs money oh sure they can just keep printing though right ?? So no problem here just more inflation !! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.prri.org/spotlight/prri-2022-american-values-atlas-religious-affiliation-updates-and-trends/

This group feels besieged because they are losing ground. “The newly-released 2022 supplement to the PRRI Census of American Religion — based on over 40,000 interviews conducted last year — confirms that the decline of white Christians (Americans who identify as white, non-Hispanic and Christian of any kind) as a proportion of the population continues unabated,” writes Robert P. Jones, president of the Public Religion Research Institute. “As recently as 2008, when our first Black president was elected, the U.S. was a majority (54%) white Christian country.” By 2014 the number had dropped to 47 percent, and in 2022 it stood at 42 percent.

The group that has declined the most is at the core of the MAGA movement, the group most devoted to Christian nationalism. “White evangelical Protestants have experienced the steepest decline. As recently as 2006, white evangelical Protestants comprised nearly one-quarter of Americans (23%). By the time of Trump’s rise to power, their numbers had dipped to 16.8%,” Jones explains. “Today, white evangelical Protestants comprise only 13.6% of Americans.”

Instead, White evangelicals might look at former “customers” who are abandoning organized religion in droves. “Nearly four in ten Americans ages 18-29 (38%) are religiously unaffiliated, an increase from 34% in 2021," the PRRI census said. "As the cohorts age, the growth in religiously unaffiliated Americans has started to show up more in the 30-49 age category, which is up to 32% unaffiliated from 26% in 2016.”

• 1 month later...