What Is "Christian Nationalism"?

Tiberius

37 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

bro I couldn’t care less about your established religious views on a bills site. Who says crap like that. Most people like me who don’t buy into organized BS do not know the details of your god.  I have no interest in your god and your belief system. I respect your right to believe anything you want however.  His own perpetrated testimony written down hundreds of years later by corrupt men I assume you meant. 

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about, but insist on talking about it anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You are exposing the fact that you are grossly unaware of this situation, and have no exposure to it.

There is a very small percentage of people who are "fleeing for their lives." 

That is nonsense.

This is an economic situation, politicized, exploited and needs to be cured at the source.

How do you come to conclusion people are not fleeing for their lives? 

Who is politicizing this? What economic situation? You mean we as a capitalist nation have jobs and the natural free flow of labor should be stopped for political reasons? To appease Conservatives? 

Was Thomas Jefferson for or against immigration? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Who is politicizing this? What economic situation? You mean we as a capitalist nation have jobs and the natural free flow of labor should be stopped for political reasons? To appease Conservatives? 

Was Thomas Jefferson for or against immigration? 

Huh? Thomas Jefferson was in favor of illegal immigration? 

23 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Wow those are some nasty insults from a clown who thinks the Stop the Steal is an extension of the 2016 Russian investigation.  Almost like you forgot when Trump started that BS.  Way before the election like a good strongman. 

As for the Russian manipulation that you seem to think is a hoax I suggest you do some reading out of your comfort zone. 

Even Wikipedia has a whole spread on it!!  LOL.  Although it might be a long read for a bigot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

A few years ago, I was in Las Vegas with a friend.  My friend stayed out drinking all night, came back the next morning and announced he wanted to go have a burger.  As it was 7am, I had no interest on doing so and told him he should go sleep it off in his room.  Well, he was drunk and insisted, and I figured he was likely to get into some trouble, so I went with him.  5 minutes into our quest, we walked past a lady dressed as an opera singer and shouting nonsense at the top of her lungs.  My friend heard her, and in his intoxicated state, looked at me and asked "Is she *&*(ing talking to me?" and turned to engage.  I grabbed his arm, told him she had issues and that we needed to keep moving.  He was somewhat insistent on speaking with her, and it was only when I told her she was spouting gibberish that he relented. 

Previously, I asked you about the dems actions and statements about illegitimate election, coup and treason.  You had no reply, even though you were pretty heated up about Trump's allegations of a stolen election.   It seemed to me then, and moreso now, that you are ok with spreading information about the integrity of elections when you get what you need out of it.  That seems hypocritical, of course, but just about everyone is a hypocrite from time to time. 

Now, after your link to the wiki, a free-form, open-sourced collaboration for everyone who wants to chime in on any given subject, I realize that here, I'm my drunken friend and you're the lady in the opera dress.  

I appreciate your feedback, I'll consider what you've shared and my role in our conversation.  

Btw...wiki on wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_reliable_source#:~:text=Wikipedia is not a reliable source for citations elsewhere on,in progress%2C or simply incorrect.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Ten years of dealing with US Immigration folks working out agreements.

Ten years of experience between the US and:

Caracas, Venezuela.

Cali and Bogota Colombia.

La Paz and Santa Cruz, Bolivia.

Lima, Peru.

Santiago, Chile.

Rio de janeiro, Sao Paulo, Recife and Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Guatemala City, Guatemala.

Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

San Salvador, El Salvador.

I've forgotten a few, but my view is well formed.

Edited by sherpa
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Wow those are some nasty insults from a clown who thinks the Stop the Steal is an extension of the 2016 Russian investigation.  Almost like you forgot when Trump started that BS.  Way before the election like a good strongman. 

As for the Russian manipulation that you seem to think is a hoax I suggest you do some reading out of your comfort zone. 

Even Wikipedia has a whole spread on it!!  LOL.  Although it might be a long read for a bigot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

You should actually read his post, it makes a pretty good points about how the dem reaction to 2016 actually opened the door for Stop the Steal.  

And why are YOU calling him a bigot?

9 hours ago, sherpa said:

Caracas, Venezuela.

Lima, Peru.

Santiago, Chile.

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Left out Quito, Ecuador.

Montevideo, Uruguay.

Asuncion, Paraguay.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, sherpa said:

Caracas, Venezuela.

Lima, Peru.

Santiago, Chile.

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

This does not prove anything at all. I asked for proof that most of the immigrants were not seeking political asylum 

And I take it you are against allowing more immigrants to come in and do work. We need them 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This does not prove anything at all. I asked for proof that most of the immigrants were not seeking political asylum 

And I take it you are against allowing more immigrants to come in and do work. We need them 

Then please make a push for increasing LEGAL immigration. You’ll get little to no pushback from those on Right. This isn’t a complicated issue. We just need to work together instead of talking past each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tibs, I fully support a dramatic increase of legal immigration in this country, but it's silly not to think that most immigrants are doing anything other than trying to find a better life in the US. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Then please make a push for increasing LEGAL immigration. You’ll get little to no pushback from those on Right. This isn’t a complicated issue. We just need to work together instead of talking past each other. 

Politicians on both sides of the aisle use illegal immigration to rile up their base, they have little to gain from solving this problem, and since most are selfish scum bags, they likely won't fix it.  

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Politicians on both sides of the aisle use illegal immigration to rile up their base, they have little to gain from solving this problem, and since most are selfish scum bags, they likely won't fix it.  

That’s of course the standard argument…and I’m guessing at least partly true. But it’s also why we need some new blood in Congress. We’re being governed by very selfish people on both sides of the aisle. They stopped working for the American people a long time ago. 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

You should actually read his post, it makes a pretty good points about how the dem reaction to 2016 actually opened the door for Stop the Steal.  

And why are YOU calling him a bigot?

Most people don't like being called out for their own limitations, and in fairness I suggested he was a bigot before he accused me of that.  He wasn't particularly original, but it's a natural reflex for some to punch back. After his response to Deek's question about religious freedom and the government, coupled with his complete cluelessness on COVID lockdowns and houses of worship, he's not exactly the DaVinci Code on this subject.  

I'm completely comfortable in my thinking that Stop the Steal was a natural evolution of political manipulation that started with democrat leadership in 2015.  I've yet to encounter a person on this board who's provided a reasonable counterpoint to the argument that the words and actions of dem leadership was an assault on the integrity of our elections, the legitimacy of the Trump election, and on the question of dems suggesting Trump was guilty of treason.  I asked Ned about that, he moved on.  

It could just be the format, but Ned suggested I said Stop the Steal was an "extension" of the Russia Investigation, but that's a mischaracterization, deliberate or otherwise.   I referred to it as the 'evolution' of the allegations of illegitimate elections, accusations of treason etc.  The point is simply this--the hard sell on integrity of elections and treasonous behavior worked very well for the dems.  Their supporters accepted the notion as fact.  So, it worked for them, why wouldn't the same branding and message points work for republicans?  

I'll acknowledge I could be wrong--maybe the most informed people in the world about Russia etc truly thought they had evidence of treasonous behavior but just couldn't prove it after nearly 4 years of door kicking, witness interviewing, deal offering, and such.  What actually happened was that allegations of illegitimacy/treason/coup gave way to 'collusion' which morphed into 'obstruction'. but hey, could have all been a grand coinicidence.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Really? That is in no way true at all 

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Tibs, I fully support a dramatic increase of legal immigration in this country, but it's silly not to think that most immigrants are doing anything other than trying to find a better life in the US. 

Republicans don't