What Is "Christian Nationalism"?

Tiberius

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait....I thought we were keeping Christianity and Government separate?  Not today? 

You were freely taking about religion, now not so much? 

It's like there are no standards at all, a religion of whatever you want. Party like its the end times! 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You were freely taking about religion, now not so much? 

It's like there are no standards at all, a religion of whatever you want. Party like its the end times! 

Say what? I didn't start this thread. You'all have been setting your hair on fire about an imaginary theocracy. I'm just sitting here. But, apparently when it serves your purpose-de-jour you want to toss the word Christianity around?  Nice! 

And when it comes to helping the poor, there is nothing stopping you from digging into your wallet, or giving of your time to help out all day, every day. However, hiding behind government, and then calling it charity is definitely not a biblical principle. 

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Oh not allowing churches to congregate?  Was that not across the board for public gatherings?  I honestly dont know. 

Are rock concerts protected under the Constitution?  I missed that part. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

So you are suggesting I do not know about your god somehow?  Or your teachings? 

Again, my views on religion are well-established on these fora and do not require re-hashing in a thread that doesn’t call for it. 

That being said, if you would like to compare credentials I’d be happy to, but you don’t need a terminal degree to understand that the Christian god is indeed a “he,” both in his own purported testimony and in the incarnation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Seems to me while he supposedly agrees with that he supports a party who's goal is to do exactly that.  I respect his god.  I would guess he respects mine.  That is a real question.  That is not harassment.  We are having a discussion.  Also when did our government stop anyone from practicing their religion? 

The government stopped people from practicing their faith less than 2 years ago, Ned.  Maybe you missed it.   Home Depot?  Open.  Liquor stores?  Open.  Massive protests in the thick of a pandemic, people traveling in close contact from city to city?  Completely and unassailably fine.   Church, Houses of Worship?  Locked down under threat of criminal and civil action. 

I didn't suggest you were harassing Deek,  he's a big boy and can figure out how he feels.  I pointed out that there was an opportunity for agreement, and you chose to ignore it and attempt to mock him.  I say 'attempt' because you ended up looking pretty silly, and like a bigot to boot.  

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Please stop with the normal reasonable American response.  We seen how you played Jan 6th and voter fraud and Trump having top secret documents..  You guys are absurd. 

I support law enforcement efforts against people who committed crimes on 1/6.  I supported the officer who made the decision to shoot Ashley Babbitt based on the theory that he felt his life was in danger due to actions of the protestors.  My first reaction to hte behavior at the Capitol was disgust.  I also think Trump erred in holding the rally that day, not because he couldn't or shouldn't, but because the potential for it to be used against him was too high. 

I support clean, fair and honest elections.  I felt that the Dems referring to the 2016 election as illegitimate, the result of treason by Trump, and to the notion that a 'coup' put Trump in office was dangerous and sowed doubt about the integrity of our elections.  I asked you what you thought about that, and like the poser and hypocrite you seems to be, you bailed without answering.   That's weak, chief, but expected of a bigot. I also point out repeatedly that leading voices in the democrat party sounded alarm bells about the security of our elections, thereby impugning the integrity of our system.  

I have stated numerous times I see Trump's Stop the Steal as a natural evolution of "Trump's Coup" from 2016.  We're nearly two years past the Biden election, and still waiting for the :wink wink: evidence from the select committee that Trump was directly and criminally involved in sedition or conspiracy.  This is the third time the dems have had held all the cards to get Trump, and it sure seems like the only thing popping here is the Dems political attempt to influence the mid terms.   To be fair, why wouldn't they?  People like you are easily manipulated.   It works, politically, so that's the new marketing trend in politics--the other guy is illegitimate.  

As for Trump and the documents, I see that as an unforced error on his part.  He already knows that the dems will launch any assault, including nuclear options like declaring him guilty of treason, because that's what their base demands.  I think if Presidents were routinely raided by the political opposition for matters like this, every president in the history of the country would have this sort of problem.    Seems clear Obama would fall, Bush likely as well, and so on.   I also note that after a 10 hour search by dozens of trained professionals, it's quite telling that items unrelated to the job at hand were seized..medical records, tax records, personal papers etc...and that the Biden DOJ was adamant that it was an afront to freedom and the very security of our nation that an independent party be assigned to dig through the items taken.   Who the *&^% buys any party saying "You just have to trust us!"?  Who, besides people like you I suppose. 

Maybe what you seen you didn't see so good? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Say what? I didn't start this thread. You'all have been setting your hair on fire about an imaginary theocracy. I'm just sitting here. But, apparently when it serves your purpose-de-jour you want to toss the word Christianity around?  Nice! 

And when it comes to helping the poor, there is nothing stopping you from digging into your wallet, or giving of your time to help out all day, every day. However, hiding behind government, and then calling it charity is definitely not a biblical principle. 

Are rock concerts protected under the Constitution?  I missed that part. 

So you separate your religious morals to nationalism? You slam the door on immigrants out of national interests, totally ignoring Christian charity? 

Have you cake and eat it too?

Just now, Tiberius said:

So you separate your religious morals to nationalism? You slam the door on immigrants out of national interests, totally ignoring Christian charity? 

A new day dawns ….And….we’re off and running. Charity is wonderful but it is definitely not the job of government. Why’s that a difficult concept? I thought you wanted to separate the two? 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A new day dawns ….And….we’re off and running. Charity is wonderful but it is definitely not the job of government. Why’s that a difficult concept? I thought you wanted to separate the two? 

So let them die? 

Christian love! 

That makes no sense.

Just now, Tiberius said:

So let them die? 

Christian love! 

That makes no sense.

So you believe immigration is the one policy where religious morality should govern the policies of the State? Or should we eliminating income inequality across all the peoples of the world on the backs of the US taxpayer? 

46 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Aliens in the Mosaic law were not allowed to participate in religious or civil life in Israel until and unless they had bound themselves to Israel and the males had undergone ritual circumcision. Not to mention that an agrarian society that was basically a bunch of landholdings effectively has no borders and no real concept of immigration.

Regardless, the question of whether a republican government can restrict immigration, based on your own claims, is wholly separated from Christianity. If you truly believe that our government should be completely separated from religious belief, then Christian charity, with or without context, doesn't enter into the equation at all and Christians are free to form policy opinions that are similarly separate.

You don't get to have it both ways, Tibs, see below image.

26015849-8E37-43D0-B2A9-0C5B80BC9FD6.thumb.jpeg.04283ef7a434a2b997a5b8f0d6ba4b13.jpeg

Edited by LeviF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Aliens in the Mosaic law were not allowed to participate in religious or civil life in Israel until and unless they had bound themselves to Israel and the males had undergone ritual circumcision. Not to mention that an agrarian society that was basically a bunch of landholdings effectively has no borders and no real concept of immigration.

Regardless, the question of whether a republican government can restrict immigration, based on your own claims, is wholly separated from Christianity. If you truly believe that our government should be completely separated from religious belief, then Christian charity, with or without context, doesn't enter into the equation at all and Christians are free to form policy opinions that are similarly separate.

You don't get to have it both ways, Tibs, see below image.

26015849-8E37-43D0-B2A9-0C5B80BC9FD6.thumb.jpeg.04283ef7a434a2b997a5b8f0d6ba4b13.jpeg

You are being a hypocrite. Those people seeking asylum are fleeing for their lives and you guys are saying f them. Kind of sickening how the "moral majority" crowd denounces people for wanting to get married, then claims there is no morality involved in denying the DOCA kids a chance at citizenship, just out of pure spite. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you believe immigration is the one policy where religious morality should govern the policies of the State? Or should we eliminating income inequality across all the peoples of the world on the backs of the US taxpayer? 

I never said that, I just said you selectively apply your religion when it suits you

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I never said that, I just said you selectively apply your religion when it suits you

I know what you’ve said. We all do.  You've been pushing your anti Christian agenda for quite a few days now. It’s really odd, but it’s apparently your happy place. So keep putting all of your faith and hope in the all-knowing, ever-present State. I’m sure the State is working all things for your good. Yep! Great plan! 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, LeviF said:

Again, my views on religion are well-established on these fora and do not require re-hashing in a thread that doesn’t call for it. 

That being said, if you would like to compare credentials I’d be happy to, but you don’t need a terminal degree to understand that the Christian god is indeed a “he,” both in his own purported testimony and in the incarnation. 

bro I couldn’t care less about your established religious views on a bills site. Who says crap like that. Most people like me who don’t buy into organized BS do not know the details of your god.  I have no interest in your god and your belief system. I respect your right to believe anything you want however.  His own perpetrated testimony written down hundreds of years later by corrupt men I assume you meant. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You are being a hypocrite. Those people seeking asylum are fleeing for their lives and you guys are saying f them. 

You are exposing the fact that you are grossly unaware of this situation, and have no exposure to it.

There is a very small percentage of people who are "fleeing for their lives." 

That is nonsense.

This is an economic situation, politicized, exploited and needs to be cured at the source.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The government stopped people from practicing their faith less than 2 years ago, Ned.  Maybe you missed it.   Home Depot?  Open.  Liquor stores?  Open.  Massive protests in the thick of a pandemic, people traveling in close contact from city to city?  Completely and unassailably fine.   Church, Houses of Worship?  Locked down under threat of criminal and civil action. 

I didn't suggest you were harassing Deek,  he's a big boy and can figure out how he feels.  I pointed out that there was an opportunity for agreement, and you chose to ignore it and attempt to mock him.  I say 'attempt' because you ended up looking pretty silly, and like a bigot to boot.  

I support law enforcement efforts against people who committed crimes on 1/6.  I supported the officer who made the decision to shoot Ashley Babbitt based on the theory that he felt his life was in danger due to actions of the protestors.  My first reaction to hte behavior at the Capitol was disgust.  I also think Trump erred in holding the rally that day, not because he couldn't or shouldn't, but because the potential for it to be used against him was too high. 

I support clean, fair and honest elections.  I felt that the Dems referring to the 2016 election as illegitimate, the result of treason by Trump, and to the notion that a 'coup' put Trump in office was dangerous and sowed doubt about the integrity of our elections.  I asked you what you thought about that, and like the poser and hypocrite you seems to be, you bailed without answering.   That's weak, chief, but expected of a bigot. I also point out repeatedly that leading voices in the democrat party sounded alarm bells about the security of our elections, thereby impugning the integrity of our system.  

I have stated numerous times I see Trump's Stop the Steal as a natural evolution of "Trump's Coup" from 2016.  We're nearly two years past the Biden election, and still waiting for the :wink wink: evidence from the select committee that Trump was directly and criminally involved in sedition or conspiracy.  This is the third time the dems have had held all the cards to get Trump, and it sure seems like the only thing popping here is the Dems political attempt to influence the mid terms.   To be fair, why wouldn't they?  People like you are easily manipulated.   It works, politically, so that's the new marketing trend in politics--the other guy is illegitimate.  

As for Trump and the documents, I see that as an unforced error on his part.  He already knows that the dems will launch any assault, including nuclear options like declaring him guilty of treason, because that's what their base demands.  I think if Presidents were routinely raided by the political opposition for matters like this, every president in the history of the country would have this sort of problem.    Seems clear Obama would fall, Bush likely as well, and so on.   I also note that after a 10 hour search by dozens of trained professionals, it's quite telling that items unrelated to the job at hand were seized..medical records, tax records, personal papers etc...and that the Biden DOJ was adamant that it was an afront to freedom and the very security of our nation that an independent party be assigned to dig through the items taken.   Who the *&^% buys any party saying "You just have to trust us!"?  Who, besides people like you I suppose. 

Maybe what you seen you didn't see so good? 

Wow those are some nasty insults from a clown who thinks the Stop the Steal is an extension of the 2016 Russian investigation.  Almost like you forgot when Trump started that BS.  Way before the election like a good strongman. 

As for the Russian manipulation that you seem to think is a hoax I suggest you do some reading out of your comfort zone. 

Even Wikipedia has a whole spread on it!!  LOL.  Although it might be a long read for a bigot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections