What Is "Christian Nationalism"?

Tiberius

And who says this crap:

“Put on the full armor of God. Stand firm against the left’s schemes. You will face flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you will overcome them, and in Florida we walk the line here,” DeSantis told the audience at Hillsdale College in February. “And I can tell you this, I have only begun to fight.”

The biblical reference DeSantis is using is from Ephesians 6, and calls on Christians to spiritually arm themselves against the “devil’s schemes.” In DeSantis’ speeches, he has replaced the ”devil” with “the left” as he tries to mobilize supporters ahead of his reelection in November and possibly a run for the White House in 2024.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And who says this crap:

“Put on the full armor of God. Stand firm against the left’s schemes. You will face flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you will overcome them, and in Florida we walk the line here,” DeSantis told the audience at Hillsdale College in February. “And I can tell you this, I have only begun to fight.”

The biblical reference DeSantis is using is from Ephesians 6, and calls on Christians to spiritually arm themselves against the “devil’s schemes.” In DeSantis’ speeches, he has replaced the ”devil” with “the left” as he tries to mobilize supporters ahead of his reelection in November and possibly a run for the White House in 2024.

Yep! Next he’ll be calling his political opponents terrorist fascists while standing there with armed marines in the background. Shameful. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That makes no sense.  You said these people embraced something called "Christian Nationalism".     How hard can it be to find clips of MTG, Ron DeSantis or others saying "Embrace Christian Nationalism!".  

And them saying they embrace it will tell me what about it? I've seen MTG saying the GOP should be Christian Nationalist but no explination what that means. 

So I ask

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yep! Next he’ll be calling his political opponents terrorist fascists while standing there with armed marines in the background. Shameful. 

My biggest question is why these people are suddenly so upset about something as common as religious values? 

What seems to be new out of all this is that there is a media/dem marketing strategy to brand it as “Christian Nationalism”.   

They’ve got poor @Tiberius so turnt up that he’s asking questions without even knowing the subject, and BillSy quoting Ronald Reagan.  Next thing you know, these guys will be supporting a Cheney/Bush ticket for the White House!   

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And them saying they embrace it will tell me what about it? I've seen MTG saying the GOP should be Christian Nationalist but no explination what that means. 

So I ask

No, you said they embraced it Spider. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My biggest question is why these people are suddenly so upset about something as common as religious values? 

What seems to be new out of all this is that there is a media/dem marketing strategy to brand it as “Christian Nationalism”.   

They’ve got poor @Tiberius so turnt up that he’s asking questions without even knowing the subject, and BillSy quoting Ronald Reagan.  Next thing you know, these guys will be supporting a Cheney/Bush ticket for the White House!   

There is NO coincidence that a dying cult would embrace Christian nationalism...

"I'm a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists.”

--Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said

While the sentiment may seem uncontroversial, academics and extremists use the term Christian nationalism to refer to an ethnocultural nationalist ideology — in this case, defining American identity as exclusively White and Christian, and aiming for a government that favors that group’s beliefs. Such a government would be at odds with liberal democracy.

6us3x5.jpg

Make sure you get your t-shirt - wear it with pride!

6us3mk.jpg

Edited by BillStime

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So? You think that means that that defines what it means. Explain that. 

I never said it did, so how did you reach that conclusion? 

I still don't know what it is. What is Christian Nationalism? Embrace the question, lol

Embrace 

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They’ve got poor @Tiberius so turnt up that he’s asking questions without even knowing the subject,  

Oh? what a big mistake, asking a question to find out what it is! 

You think that's wrong or bad or something?? 

image.png.09f512cc89347b5b0aa5527ab491a7bf.png

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

There is NO coincidence that a dying cult would embrace Christina nationalism...

I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists.”

While the sentiment may seem uncontroversial, academics and extremists use the term Christian nationalism to refer to an ethnocultural nationalist ideology — in this case, defining American identity as exclusively White and Christian, and aiming for a government that favors that group’s beliefs. Such a government would be at odds with liberal democracy.

6us3x5.jpg

Make sure you get your t-shirt - wear it with pride!

6us3mk.jpg

So there it is! Slip in a bit of racism for good measure. I’d love to find out when the last time you were in a Christian church. I think you’ll find the faith to be extremely diverse. But thanks for the smear campaign! I’m sure that the millions of black and Hispanic Christians will appreciate your deep concern for their salvation. Unbelievable 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So there it is! Slip in a bit of racism for good measure. I’d love to find out when the last time you were in a Christian church. I think you’ll find the faith to be extremely diverse. But thanks for the smear campaign! I’m sure that the millions of black and Hispanic Christians will appreciate your deep concern for their salvation. Unbelievable 

Oh, you didn't want to read the article highlighting Marge and her commitment to Christian nationalists?  

I love how you all play dumb and turn yourselves inside out to defend these white supremacists and act like this is all new...  but then again, I'm not surprised when it comes to you - you don't even want gays to call their unions MARRIAGE.

And we all know the cult can give two F's about blacks and Hispanics. Go pass more laws that suppress unwanted votes and double down on anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Ignorance is not an excuse, it's a choice.

You choose it every time you refuse to make an improvement in yourself.

You chose it every time you see someone being ignorant and allowing this ignorance to affect your life.

“Ignorant people get what their foolishness deserves, but the clever are rewarded with knowledge.” (Proverbs 14:18)

Most of the time, we become so unbothered about what’s going on around us.

Not knowing the things going on around us can be deadly some times which is why we must not be ignorant.

The Bible advised against this and the book of 1 Corinthians 2:11 talks of knowing the ways of Satan so that he won’t get unaware.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Oh, you didn't want to read the article highlighting Marge and her commitment to Christian nationalists?  

I love how you all play dumb and turn yourselves inside out to defend these white supremacists and act like this is all new...  but then again, I'm not surprised when it comes to you - you don't even want gays to call their unions MARRIAGE.

And we all know the cult can give two F's about blacks and Hispanics. Go pass more laws that suppress unwanted votes and double down on anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Sure Billsy….another day another subset of self appointed societal victims. And you call all of us “Karen”? Give me a break! 

And yes, I maintain it would’ve been far less divisive if the LGBTQ community would’ve adopted a new word for their unions instead of demanding we change the definition of long standing word. But that isn’t the point of the ‘equality’ exercise is it? 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sure Billsy….another day another subset of self appointed societal victims. And you call all of us “Karen”? Give me a break! 

And yes, I maintain it would’ve been far less divisive if the LGBTQ community would’ve adopted a new word for their unions instead of demanding we change the definition of long standing word. But that isn’t the point of the ‘equality’ exercise is it? 

Alex, what a bigot says for $1,000.

giphy.gif

Why are you better than gay people?

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not better than gay people. 
So now that we’ve established that….now what Karen? 

Why do you hate gay people so much? Would it bother you if the government reclassified marriage as civil unions for all and leave the term marriage to the church?

I think you would - cuz you are better than gays.