For Those Of You Who Remember Hogboy And Appreciate His Humor...........

Bill from NYC

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That is hilarious.   He also went by "Combo" on usenet as I recall.

Was it John from Hemet that he had enraged and then challenged to the spearing contest at the TBDAHOT?

The volunteer firefighter thing was a great shtick too..........the low hanging fruit was falling by the bushel. :lol:

He goes on correction officer sites (he is a former CO) and calls them "jail guards." He also goes on sites for gun buffs and posts that too much practice actually hurts your shooting accuracy, and that people who practice shooting too much are "statistically proven" to freeze in combat situations. :) People get upset beyond belief.

Recently, he posted in some kind of Buffalo site that deer hunting should be legal in local parks, and that meat from white albino deer "tastes better." 

Is he a strange duck? Oh yeah but he is a freaking genius.  He is the funniest person in the history of the internet. He is the Babe Ruth/Michael Jordan of trolls. :) 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SoMAn said:

You beat me to it by 5 minutes. 

We’re in touch fairly regularly on Facebook. This weekend we discussed poser guitar shredders. We never talk football. 
btw- little history here…

The precursor to the TBD tailgate party was in 1997.  The original message board was from the Rochester D&C. Only a few geeks had PCs then or it was people goofing off at work.  Hogboy, BuffaloBart, Greg D’ville, myself and some others showed up. Maybe 6 or 7 of us who’d never met face to face were there for the season opener against the Vikings. I really don’t remember much about the actual tailgate. No memory of the usual grilling and whatnot. 
The night before that game I was at Rooties (I believe) on Millersport eating wings with Hogboy.  The big TV screen on the wall showed the image of a car twisted up and then the photo of Princess Diana with the 1961-1997 dates. Our reaction was probably to ask for another pitcher and done blue cheese. So, before the annual TBD tailgates, the seed was planted 25 years ago during the infancy of message boards, newsgroups, and trolling. Lenny from Sloan sends his regards. 

There were other gatherings of that nature before the official one as well 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.