For Those Of You Who Remember Hogboy And Appreciate His Humor...........

Bill from NYC

For those who don't know about him, Hogboy is an ex-poster (troll) on TBD. He HAS to be the funniest troll in the USA. His goal is to get others riled up and he is just superb at it. 

Well, I was on FB this morning and came across the CBS Buffalo page. In the comment section, he accused Josh Allen of throwing the game!!! Of course, the fans went ballistic.

He might not be here any more but he is hard at work on other sites with some of the funniest trolling one could imagine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

For those who don't know about him, Hogboy is an ex-poster (troll) on TBD. He HAS to be the funniest troll in the USA. His goal is to get others riled up and he is just superb at it. 

Well, I was on FB this morning and came across the CBS Buffalo page. In the comment section, he accused Josh Allen of throwing the game!!! Of course, the fans went ballistic.

He might not be here any more but he is hard at work on other sites with some of the funniest trolling one could imagine.

I feel a spearing contest coming on.....

• Haha (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I would bet he is here under a different username. Typically how those things go on message boards.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I talk to him and he claims that he is not. I believe him He has his own style and my guess is that the mods would spot him in 5 minutes. He would create instant havoc, trust me.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

You state here he "might be here" and 2 hours later  you claim you talk to him and know he is not here.  And what is the point of this thread, just to reminisce?

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You state here he "might be here" and 2 hours later  you claim you talk to him and know he is not here.  And what is the point of this thread, just to reminisce?

I said that he "might not be here anymore but he is an active troll in other spots, meaning that he is still trolling in many other places but not here.

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Calling all Trolls....calling all Trolls

We miss you

Ya right. :huh:

Good trolling is an artform.  I personally love to see a successful troll job.

That said, there are too many on here now who try too hard - and unsuccessfully - to troll well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

I remember him well.

Some of his troll posts were hilarious.

"Don't you guys hate how Dan Marino always kicks our ass" was one of my favorites.

His claiming to have seen Thurman out in a bar smoking weed the night before a game was pretty funny too.

At one time he was "Miami Don Johnson." He would say that while we are freezing, he was sipping on a pina colaoda in a lounge chair on the beach, thinking of how Miami would kick our asses. :) 

Priceless.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Good trolling is an artform.  I personally love to see a successful troll job.

I agree 100% but not everybody appreciates good trolling. Hogboy would create too much havoc here and endless work for the mods. This board (imo) is a rather serious Bills/Football site.

Hogboy posting here would be funny but VERY hard to manage, if at all possible.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

----(  *************

Go shovel your driveway.

You beat me to it by 5 minutes. 

We’re in touch fairly regularly on Facebook. This weekend we discussed poser guitar shredders. We never talk football. 
btw- little history here…

The precursor to the TBD tailgate party was in 1997.  The original message board was from the Rochester D&C. Only a few geeks had PCs then or it was people goofing off at work.  Hogboy, BuffaloBart, Greg D’ville, myself and some others showed up. Maybe 6 or 7 of us who’d never met face to face were there for the season opener against the Vikings. I really don’t remember much about the actual tailgate. No memory of the usual grilling and whatnot. 
The night before that game I was at Rooties (I believe) on Millersport eating wings with Hogboy.  The big TV screen on the wall showed the image of a car twisted up and then the photo of Princess Diana with the 1961-1997 dates. Our reaction was probably to ask for another pitcher and done blue cheese. So, before the annual TBD tailgates, the seed was planted 25 years ago during the infancy of message boards, newsgroups, and trolling. Lenny from Sloan sends his regards. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

There were 12 attendees, I believe. You, and I are the only (TBD) 'survivors' from that little get together.

Greg De'Ville disappeared off of the face of the Earth...

I disappeared for 10 years. Forgot my password. Finally took the time to re-up. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

That is hilarious.   He also went by "Combo" on usenet as I recall.

Was it John from Hemet that he had enraged and then challenged to the spearing contest at the TBDAHOT?

The volunteer firefighter thing was a great shtick too..........the low hanging fruit was falling by the bushel. :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Oh, yeah. Hogboy. I remember his rants about “Throughman” Thomas in 94-95 I think. Went on for multiple threads ranting about how the Bills should cut #34 😂

He definitely was an awesome troll with many incarnations. Personally I preferred lennie in sloan, who would always sign off with ‘Go Cowboys America’s team we beet you in three supper bowls’, but PETE CARROLL was pretty fun too.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.