In the last few seasons it seems that there’s a loss that cost us.

Tipster19

The 13 seconds, the 4th and 1 against Tennessee, the blunder in Jacksonville and the loss in the title game the season before! Actually that’s 3 costly games last year but winning one of those 3 losses last year would of made a huge dig fence in the post seeding that may have very well have costed us a Super Bowl. No need to pull the scab off the wound but man it’s starting to be something that’s starting to happen annually, I hope this latest loss isn’t one of them! 

With all that being said give Miami their due, complaining only cheapens us. I live in SW Florida and was actually going to the game but at 8:00 am yesterday I was outside smoking and by the time I was done I was soaked. I ended up not going despite having free tickets, it was way too hot for me and I knew it. Last year I actually went to the game and left mid 3rd quarter because of the heat and that is SO unlike me but keep this in mind that EVERYBODY played in that heat, meaning BOTH teams. Folks, we’re gonna be find but the Ravens and The Chiefs’ games are starting to loom larger than ever before. As for Miami, I’m anxiously waiting for the rematch!

Only one team in the AFC is 3-0.    And if the Bills can stay healthy, I have no doubt we'll beat them in the next match, at home, evening the head-to-head W-L record.   

Injuries are the only thing that can derail the Bills against the rest of the AFC, in my opinion.

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Agree 2

This certainly isn't the Jags game.  Miami is a tough division opponent. We shouldn't expect to sweep them every year.  The fact that they barely won at their place is really no biggie.

I tend to rationalize, but I have come to see this as a "good" loss.   We played them tough w/ basically our entire secondary out, in a game they needed more (imo).  I actually don't think they stand a chance for the re-match in Buffalo, and it's the kind of loss that the team & coaches can learn a ton from.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

The 13 seconds, the 4th and 1 against Tennessee, the blunder in Jacksonville and the loss in the title game the season before! Actually that’s 3 costly games last year but winning one of those 3 losses last year would of made a huge dig fence in the post seeding that may have very well have costed us a Super Bowl. No need to pull the scab off the wound but man it’s starting to be something that’s starting to happen annually, I hope this latest loss isn’t one of them! 

With all that being said give Miami their due, complaining only cheapens us. I live in SW Florida and was actually going to the game but at 8:00 am yesterday I was outside smoking and by the time I was done I was soaked. I ended up not going despite having free tickets, it was way too hot for me and I knew it. Last year I actually went to the game and left mid 3rd quarter because of the heat and that is SO unlike me but keep this in mind that EVERYBODY played in that heat, meaning BOTH teams. Folks, we’re gonna be find but the Ravens and The Chiefs’ games are starting to loom larger than ever before. As for Miami, I’m anxiously waiting for the rematch!

Fans of teams that have gotten close, but haven’t managed to win it all tend to dwell on the costly mistakes that ended their seasons. Pats fans aren’t dwelling on the Helmet Catch or any of the plays that ended so many Pats seasons prematurely because they have 5 SB wins with Brady.

John Elway lost 3 SBs before winning 2 later in his career. That narrative changed when he got the first one. Just one championship changes so much. If Buffalo can get over the top just once you’ll see it here too. 

Edited by BarleyNY

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Yes, both teams played in it, but one team was in blue shirts soaking up the sun and one was in white. One was on a bench in the shade, the other in the sun. And one was acclimated to WNY temp and climate and the other to Florida.

There are some major differences there.

And Barley is right, only one team per year does NOT spend the next year obsessing on whatever it was that cost them the Lombardi. Every team has that one or two losses they think made the difference, even the 18-1 Pats, though for them that one loss was the actual Super Bowl game.

My guess is that this won't be that game for us, anymore than the first Pats game last year, at the Ralph with the insane wind, is the one we focused on last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.