Zach Moss must be another Hall of Famer practice player

extrahammer

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Thank you so very much i never did like or understand the pick sure he was good in college but this is the NFL & i have always thought that if you are going to draft a RB that is the supposed power or short yardage back he needs to be bigger say like a AJ Dillon he was one i thought they should have drafted that year .

The only spot that Beane has struggled at is RB IMHO i like Motor but that don't seem to want to use him enough to get into a rhythm & i think he has shown when used he can be a good contributor to their offense but Moss they should trade him to another team he's never impressed me sorry .

He's good for 1 good play a game & he's done !! 

I'd say its a symptom of our issues along the interior offensive line.  Saffold hasn't been good.  Morse isn't a good run blocker.  Bates hasn't been good, and isn't a good run blocker. 

Inside zone is not hard to do out of any formation for a back - its either follow, cut, bounce.  That is it.  I'm not seeing the backs doing the wrong thing here. I'm seeing them never even get to plant their foot in the grass to make a decision.  

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Zack Moss is averaging 5.3 yrds a carry and picks up a first down on about 1 out of 3 carries.

Singletary is averaging 3.8 yrds a carry and picks up a first down on about 1 out of 6 carries.

That 5.3 is because he had a long run. He doesn’t really average that much. That’s cherry picking stats 

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

That 5.3 is because he had a long run. He doesn’t really average that much. That’s cherry picking stats 

Removing one of his carries to create the result you want would be cherry-picking stats.

That just basic straightforwards unaltered averages.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Removing one of his carries to create the result you want would be cherry-picking stats.

Yeah but you’re implying Moss has a better average when everyone knows it was 1 long run. Maybe cherry picking isn’t the right term… I find it intentionally misleading 

• Agree 1

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Yeah but you’re implying Moss has a better average when everyone knows it was 1 long run. Maybe cherry picking isn’t the right term… I find it intentionally misleading 

I'm not implying anything; he does have a better average.

I'm not saying he's a better back, but all this ragging on him and the utterly ridiculous calls to cut him when he's meeting multiple defenders in the backfield on the majority of his carrers is way out of line, imo.

16 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm not saying he's a better back, but all this ragging on him and the utterly ridiculous calls to cut him when he's meeting multiple defenders in the backfield on the majority of his carrers is way out of line, imo.

By comparison, if you chose a lesser, similar amount of carries from Singletary to Moss, Singletary's numbers are much better too. In the end, it's clear a decent amount of people still believe in Moss. But I think his role and skillset don't make sense. To me it seems like he filled that role because it's all we had, not really earned. His last performance is more consistent with his career production. If you gave him the same amount of carries that game as Singletary, he still gets less than 2/3rd's of what Singletary got. Besides a 30 yard run over 3 years, I haven't seen any real potential in him or any staple run that he's earned the role of our between the tackles RB. The difference is Singletary shows more with less than Moss does, to me at least. 

I haven't said to cut him yet, but I do think the fact he's making more this season than Gilliam (who I believe could be that role), Gabe Davis, and Shaq Lawson, it does make me consider that, but I just don't think it makes us stronger unless we're making a FA move with the new cap space. And $1.2 million isn't a ton in cap space. So to me it sort of is an "it is what it is" type thing for now. 

1 minute ago, extrahammer said:

By comparison, if you chose a lesser, similar amount of carries from Singletary to Moss, Singletary's numbers are much better too. In the end, it's clear a decent amount of people still believe in Moss. But I think his role and skillset don't make sense. To me it seems like he filled that role because it's all we had, not really earned. His last performance is more consistent with his career production. If you gave him the same amount of carries that game as Singletary, he still gets less than 2/3rd's of what Singletary got. Besides a 30 yard run over 3 years, I haven't seen any real potential in him or any staple run that he's earned the role of our between the tackles RB. The difference is Singletary shows more with less than Moss does, to me at least. 

I haven't said to cut him yet, but I do think the fact he's making more this season than Gilliam (who I believe could be that role), Gabe Davis, and Shaq Lawson, it does make me consider that, but I just don't think it makes us stronger unless we're making a FA move with the new cap space. And $1.2 million isn't a ton in cap space. So to me it sort of is an "it is what it is" type thing for now. 

There's some real cap savings next year - this year you would save like 800K which gets you... i dunno another Moss. 

16 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm disappointed with the run game in general, but he makes a play and were to take it out of his yardage total?  

• Agree 1

I wonder if we could trade Moss for a pure power back that’s been around the league for a while.

If what we want from Moss is short yardage and pass blocking, let’s get a guy who actually can do it and trade his cheap contract and “upside” away.

• Agree 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, Simon said:

Means and Medians are both averages. Moss's median run / carry is pretty low, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.