Zach Moss must be another Hall of Famer practice player

extrahammer

5 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He had 6 snaps against Baltimore.  Legit barely played.  We're complaining about him gaining yards now?  What are we doing?  

This is the issue. Every player on a potential Super Bowl team should have a role.

Moss being on the active roster, playing zero special teams, and getting less than 2 yards per carry on his 6 snaps is a problem.

If Moss doesn't play, that means you can make a guy like Shakir active every week... or open the spot to a guy like Raheem Blackshear before he was taken off our practice squad. Who would you rather have?

Edited by Rigotz

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

This is the issue. Every player on a potential Super Bowl team should have a role.

Moss being on the active roster, playing zero special teams, and getting less than 2 yards per carry on his 6 snaps is a problem.

If Moss doesn't play, that means you can make a guy like Shakir active every week... or open the spot to a guy like Raheem Blackshear before he was taken off our practice squad. Who would you rather have?

We're gonna need Moss this season before its all said and done.  Same with Cook.  Right now its the singletary show, but its a long year and you want him healthy for the games that matter.  

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This MF is legitimately terrible. Moss needs to be cut of inactive. I don’t know how the only people confused about this guy are the Bills coaching staff

On 3rd and 1 he was hit 3 yards behind the LOS... what is he gonna do there?  That's been happening constantly regardless of the back out there.  So not sure if its bad plays, bad calls, bad checks... whatever.  We have an absurd amount of wasted plays that gain nothing.  

• Agree 2

Just now, In Summary said:

I like Moss, but he's becoming the new Tolbert.  

I would love it if he turned into prime Tolbert, he was a beast in short yardage and goal line. I celebrate if Moss makes it past the LOS. Moss needs to be GameDay inactive and free up a spot for OL or DB depth.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I would love it if he turned into prime Tolbert, he was a beast in short yardage and goal line. I celebrate if Moss makes it past the LOS. Moss needs to be GameDay inactive and free up a spot for OL or DB depth.

I'd take 2010 Tolbert for sure.

23 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

On 3rd and 1 he was hit 3 yards behind the LOS... what is he gonna do there?  That's been happening constantly regardless of the back out there.  So not sure if its bad plays, bad calls, bad checks... whatever.  We have an absurd amount of wasted plays that gain nothing.  

For whatever reason, there is some tell when Moss gets carries because the defenders are typically in his lap within a single step.  Running back success and failure is like 90% on the O-Line.  I still think he's an average NFL RB and better than he's shown so far.

• Agree 1

Zack Moss is averaging 5.3 yrds a carry and picks up a first down on about 1 out of 3 carries.

Singletary is averaging 3.8 yrds a carry and picks up a first down on about 1 out of 6 carries.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Zack Moss is averaging 5.3 yrds a carry and picks up a first down on about 1 out of 3 carries.

Singletary is averaging 3.8 yrds a carry and picks up a first down on about 1 out of 6 carries.

Zack Moss doesn’t break tackles or make anyone miss. That’s what he is supposed to be.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

He pushed a single CB one yard into the endzone. <_< 

He’s also 33, I wasn’t being serious.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:25 AM, extrahammer said:

Not taking away blame on our coaches yesterday, but how has he earned his place as the change of pace back in this offense? It doesn't make sense to me. Where are the results? Yesterday was his best game because of a 43 yard run? He's been here 3 years and his YPC has consistently declined each year. So what if he was injured last year, this is the NFL, next man up. If you take out his 43 yard run yesterday, which is the longest of his career, he's averaging less than 3 yards per carry this season. That drive where we handed it off to him every play, what logic was that? 

He's not even a change of pace, he's the same size as Motor, so he doesn't present a true bruiser type run threat. I'd rather him not take away carries from Cook or Motor, who can actually break a big play. 

Thank you so very much i never did like or understand the pick sure he was good in college but this is the NFL & i have always thought that if you are going to draft a RB that is the supposed power or short yardage back he needs to be bigger say like a AJ Dillon he was one i thought they should have drafted that year .

The only spot that Beane has struggled at is RB IMHO i like Motor but that don't seem to want to use him enough to get into a rhythm & i think he has shown when used he can be a good contributor to their offense but Moss they should trade him to another team he's never impressed me sorry .

He's good for 1 good play a game & he's done !! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.