Zach Moss must be another Hall of Famer practice player

extrahammer

Not taking away blame on our coaches yesterday, but how has he earned his place as the change of pace back in this offense? It doesn't make sense to me. Where are the results? Yesterday was his best game because of a 43 yard run? He's been here 3 years and his YPC has consistently declined each year. So what if he was injured last year, this is the NFL, next man up. If you take out his 43 yard run yesterday, which is the longest of his career, he's averaging less than 3 yards per carry this season. That drive where we handed it off to him every play, what logic was that? 

He's not even a change of pace, he's the same size as Motor, so he doesn't present a true bruiser type run threat. I'd rather him not take away carries from Cook or Motor, who can actually break a big play. 

Edited by extrahammer
updated title
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

Because Singletary is a JAG and James Cook is a rookie who has to earn his playing time.  

Bigger issue is our run blocking and run scheme.  We're a pass-centric offense, it is what it is, but the issues seem more related to the OL. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I still think that the two worst playcalls of the day were 

1) Not going after Tua on 3rd and 22

2) Being up 7-0, forcing Miami to punt, and then handing the ball to Moss on 1st and 2nd down for minimal gains to start 2nd drive (led to sack fumble). Honestly, that frustration stuck with me the entire game as it mad ZERO, I mean ZEROOOO sense.

• Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Not taking away blame on our coaches yesterday, but how has he earned his place as the change of pace back in this offense? It doesn't make sense to me. Where are the results? Yesterday was his best game because of a 43 yard run? He's been here 3 years and he fumbled in Week 1 too. 

Change of pace is a stupid term. Anyway, Cook was coming in for Singeltary most of the game

• Like (+1) 2

Not taking away blame on our coaches yesterday, but how has he earned his place as the change of pace back in this offense? It doesn't make sense to me. Where are the results? Yesterday was his best game because of a 43 yard run? He's been here 3 years and he fumbled in Week 1 too. 

Seems like people don't want to see key plays he makes and just ignore them like they didn't happen. Did you not see the big 3rd down conversion he had when he ducked under a Dolphin tackle attempt 3 yards short of th first down and ended up getting it?  He has had a few catches like this on 3rd down that converted critical 3rd downs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Because Singletary is a JAG and James Cook is a rookie who has to earn his playing time.  

Bigger issue is our run blocking and run scheme.  We're a pass-centric offense, it is what it is, but the issues seem more related to the OL. 

I'll agree Singletary is a JAG, but Moss isn't even a JAG. He's well below replacement level and very well may be the worst RB in the league relative to how many touches he gets. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

Seems like people don't want to see key plays he makes and just ignore them like they didn't happen. Did you not see the big 3rd down conversion he had when he ducked under a Dolphin tackle attempt 3 yards short of th first down and ended up getting it?  He has had a few catches like this on 3rd down that converted critical 3rd downs.

I've seen every play of him as a Bill, he's our worst offensive playmaker and yet yesterday we kept feeding him the ball. One drive early in the game was all Moss. How and why is that even possible? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Because Devin Singletary is 15 for 32 in his last two games?

8 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I've seen every play of him as a Bill, he's our worst offensive playmaker and yet yesterday we kept feeding him the ball. One drive early in the game was all Moss. How and why is that even possible? 

Maybe because they see him everyday in practice and you don't?

Considering that for the first time cook got more playing time and moss wasn't seen again until the 4th right after a couple really bad series by moss tells me moss might be falling fast 

Honestly if he doesn't have that 46 yard run when he comes back in I wouldn't have been shocked to see the bills cut him and bring in duke Johnson 

(Also had a great catch and play for a first down late too)

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

He missed the block on the S on the sack/strip of Josh.  

It was Singletary along Dawkins who missed that block.   It's funny how in an attempt to demerit a player, he is blamed for things that he is not guilty of 

I'm just highlighting the pattern over 3 years worth of games where he hasn't been a playmaker for us. But you are right I am not at practices. 🙄

Maybe because the coaches forgot more about football than you'll ever know?

The running game ended with three starting linemen out. They had players playing out of position to fill a spot and there was no chance to have the blocking technique required against a steeler defense. Our backs had no space to make a move or drive through a tackle. That's not to say we need output from the RB group but snapping the ball was a problem all game too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.