Week 4 vs Ravens - Injury Updates

BuffaloBaumer

1 hour ago, ytownblofan said:

guessing he was likely the next man up at either safety position if either guy goes down. Probably wanted to keep him ready to go if that happened 

and Cam Lewis in only 5'9" amd 180lbs - too small to play outside CB in Bills D

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's more important for us to beat Baltimore. Miami has a fairly. Soft schedule but plays Minnesota, Cinci, Green Bay and us again.

Miami

s-l500.png

Baltimore 

2022-2023-Printable-Baltimore-Ravens-Sch

Baltimore has a much tougher division overall than we do.  I would expect them to lose at least 2 or 3 divisional games. 

Those AFC North games are always tough regardless of how good the actual teams are.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Baltimore has a much tougher division overall than we do.  I would expect them to lose at least 2 or 3 divisional games. 

Those AFC North games are always tough regardless of how good the actual teams are.

Yeah tough divisional games for them. Just like the Jets, Pats and Bills are tough to the Fins.

But outside of the division I can't see Miami beating both GB and Minnesota. I see the chargers, bills, GB stretch as brutal for them. Across the country to SF then back for SD, up to Buffalo to come home to GB. I wonder if they just stay out in Cali for the week? 

I realize we just lost to Miami but I don't see it as a flat out loss. We broke down: offense, coaching, physically, and more but our spirit didn't die. 

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yeah tough divisional games for them. Just like the Jets, Pats and Bills are tough to the Fins.

But outside of the division I can't see Miami beating both GB and Minnesota. I see the chargers, bills, GB stretch as brutal for them. Across the country to SF then back for SD, up to Buffalo to come home to GB. I wonder if they just stay out in Cali for the week? 

I realize we just lost to Miami but I don't see it as a flat out loss. We broke down: offense, coaching, physically, and more but our spirit didn't die. 

Minnesota isn't that good.  They could easily beat them.

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Minnesota isn't that good.  They could easily beat them.

Minnesota isn't good but that is a big matchup for them.  The Vikings offensive speed is pretty good, Jefferson is legit. 

On Defense they're good enough to stop the gayfish. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Benford likely has a broken hand or thumb snice it ws wrapped like a club and he was limited to ST...

Wondering why rookie PS CB Jamarcus Ingram was playing instead of Cam Lewis who has looked mostly good in his time in games

Didn't they switch him to safety the last couple weeks of camp?

1 minute ago, buffalostu2 said:

Didn't they switch him to safety the last couple weeks of camp?

I was thinking maybe he was Johnson's backup in the slot...

I believe they just did that for positional flexibility reasons. Sal talked about how they do that a lot as they love players who can play more than one position in a pinch.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Benford likely has a broken hand or thumb snice it ws wrapped like a club and he was limited to ST...

Wondering why rookie PS CB Jamarcus Ingram was playing instead of Cam Lewis who has looked mostly good in his time in games

I was thinking the same, unless they were concerned with putting Cam in as a safety.

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Aside from Bates, were there any actual injuries during the game (as opposed to heat exhaustion)?

Bates was head compounded by the heat.  Kumerow had an ankle and Benford the hand.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

It's more important for us to beat Baltimore. Miami has a fairly. Soft schedule but plays Minnesota, Cinci, Green Bay and us again.

Miami

s-l500.png

Baltimore 

2022-2023-Printable-Baltimore-Ravens-Sch

At Detroit at the Chargers and at San Francisco are not easy games. 

Same Cleveland 

Miami has 5-6 losses on that schedule.  

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I would imagine so...the players will probably want to try and get with the left coast women out there

The biggest problem with all these injuries, is that our schedule is very top-heavy.

We get Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City... then finally our bye and Green Bay.

By the time we finally get a break and a chance to get healthy, it's very possible that we will be .500, a couple games behind Miami in the AFC East, and behind on tiebreakers with the Ravens and Chiefs.

I have no doubts that we can still win 11-12 games.  But it may be too late to get homefield at that point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.