Which player did we miss the most?

Billzgobowlin

I'm just going through our list of injured players and curious who everyone thinks we missed the most of all of our injured?

Mitch Morse

Tre White

Micah Hyde

Jordan Poyer

Ed Oliver

Jordan Phillips

Bobby Hart

Dane Jackson

I think Micah and Mitch were the worst because Micah is the voice of the defense and Mitch showed his worth by just knowing how to snap the ball.  Josh even if the play wasn't altered by the snap was obviously worried about it.

Then who that we lost in the game or was severely hampered would you have liked to see at peak performance?

Stephon Diggs

Gabe Davis

Jake Kumerow

Mckenzie

Ryan Bates

Van Rotten

Spencer Brown

I think a healthy fresh Diggs would have made the difference.  I hope we get healthy in a hurry.  The Bills had everything thrown at them yesterday and still only lost by two and had a chance to win the game.  If we can have most of these people back than I think we handle the Ravens, otherwise it's a dogfight

• Agree 1

That's a tough one.  Probably not on a single player and more the cumulative effect of having so many guys out.  I would like to think that if Hyde or Poyer had played, a couple of those deep balls would have been defended/incomplete.  Might have been the difference in the game.

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

Morse imo

Yeah I could go with that too.  We clearly had issues up front and he sets the protections and handles the communication.

Mitch Morse without a doubt.

Cost us 10 points...FG at end of half and probably Allen leaping up and stretching ball out for an easy TD in the 4th quarter like he did against the Vikings.

Couldn't risk another bad center exchange on a snap under center.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I'm just going through our list of injured players and curious who everyone thinks we missed the most of all of our injured?

Mitch Morse

Tre White

Micah Hyde

Jordan Poyer

Ed Oliver

Jordan Phillips

Bobby Hart

Dane Jackson

I think Micah and Mitch were the worst because Micah is the voice of the defense and Mitch showed his worth by just knowing how to snap the ball.  Josh even if the play wasn't altered by the snap was obviously worried about it.

Then who that we lost in the game or was severely hampered would you have liked to see at peak performance?

Stephon Diggs

Gabe Davis

Jake Kumerow

Mckenzie

Ryan Bates

Van Rotten

Spencer Brown

I think a healthy fresh Diggs would have made the difference.  I hope we get healthy in a hurry.  The Bills had everything thrown at them yesterday and still only lost by two and had a chance to win the game.  If we can have most of these people back than I think we handle the Ravens, otherwise it's a dogfight

If you would've asked me before the game, I would've said Dane Jackson or Micah Hyde.  I had no idea Morse or Poyer weren't playing.  

In hindsight, MOST DEFINITELY Morse.  In my opinion, Van Rotten was abysmal, and to me it seemed like Josh was out of sync quite a bit yesterday.  I know that our O line struggled as a whole, and it seemed like the Dolphins D line was able to collapse the pocket and harrass Josh all day, but there were entirely too many bad snaps, and Van Rotten was singlehandedly responsible for the missed FG opportunity right before the half.  

So yeah, Morse by a country mile.  But I also agree with you, I really would've liked to have Diggs out there at 100% our last few offensive possessions.  He was clearly both gassed and cramping bad....he could've been the difference between a W and an L because Allen would've had the peace of mind knowing he had his #1 guy out there.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That's a tough one.  Probably not on a single player and more the cumulative effect of having so many guys out.  I would like to think that if Hyde or Poyer had played, a couple of those deep balls would have been defended/incomplete.  Might have been the difference in the game.

Yeah I could go with that too.  We clearly had issues up front and he sets the protections and handles the communication.

I don't feel like there were too many plays they got deep on us but with the secondary missing you have to think they changed their gameplan to keep the Dolphins defense on the field.  Unfortunately it backfired I believe because of the heat

• Like (+1) 1

Echoing what most people have said, Mitch Morse is the glue that keeps the O-Line together.  We had a bunch of botched snaps, Allen had less time due to increased pressure, and the rushing game was severely hampered.  

Missing Oliver and Phillips was also big.  We needed to get more pressure on Tua.  

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

Morse imo

Has to be.  Missed snap.  Missed blitz pickups.  

I think Spencer Brown being clearly hampered was a killer at points before he went out, and quessenberry struggled at times as well.  

Morse, Bates, Brown, Hart suspended.  We had to use knox as a blocker for the majority of the game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.