RIP Pro Bowl! NFL will replace with skills competition & flag football

YoloinOhio

I'd rather watch if it was a flag football game involving retired legends as well.

Team Montana vs Team Marino, for example. Since most good QBs won't want to play anyway. 

I'd watch Joe sling the rock again to guys like Hill, Waddle and Kelce. Our guys will hopefully be busy!

Edited by TheFunPolice

29 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Surprise:  It isn't football skills.  Don't thank me NFL for your ratings bonanza.  

Cornhole

CrossFit

Archery

Rifling

Bowling

Trivia

Wings eating 

Caber toss

Ax throwing

Fastest chainsaw

Dodgeball

A lot of poeple were actually interested in watching Allen and Mahomes play golf vs Brady and Rodgers, so do things along that line.  An NFL player golf match.  A madden tournament.  3 point contest.  We see these guys play football every week and a 'watered down' flag football game is embarasing.  Lets see them do things that are different that what they normally do and things that fans PROBABLY would be interested in seeing them do.

3 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Probably better than the junk they have been doing for the last few years.

I agree. I’d rather watch them play a game of kickball than pretend to play a football game. What makes the football game especially bad is that two players every five years take it seriously and wind up injuring someone with a hart hit they weren’t expecting.

Just let them compete in some fun stuff that won’t get anyone injured. Make it a good time and maybe players will want to go again. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

A lot of poeple were actually interested in watching Allen and Mahomes play golf vs Brady and Rodgers, so do things along that line.  An NFL player golf match.  A madden tournament.  3 point contest.  We see these guys play football every week and a 'watered down' flag football game is embarasing.  Lets see them do things that are different that what they normally do and things that fans PROBABLY would be interested in seeing them do.

Exactly.  I personally don't like golf but I'd enjoy watching that showdown. 

I think it'd be fun to watch NFL players that aren't necessarily the league superstars become household names due to their skill in other competitions.

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree. I’d rather watch them play a game of kickball than pretend to play a football game. What makes the football game especially bad is that two players every five years take it seriously and wind up injuring someone with a hart hit they weren’t expecting.

Just let them compete in some fun stuff that won’t get anyone injured. Make it a good time and maybe players will want to go again. 

Easier to talk QBs to come show off their arm than ask them to play an extra game in an unfamiliar system. 

Same for the rest of the skill guys as well. 

I'd like to see some of the really talented defensive guys play 7 on 7 with the elite skill players anyways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.