Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I see quite a bit of rain in the forecast. Anyone that’s local, are they forecasting downpours? Or more of a steady rain/showers?

Oh, it’s going to be pouring. Josh Allen touchdowns are going to be raining heavily on the Baltimore Ravens.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I remember going to a game there when Fitz was playing and the Ravens were really good. We lost 38-35 in OT. Played out of their minds offensively that day. Rookie TE fumbled in OT  and Ravens kicked a FG to win it. 

That fumble was the biggest bunch of BS.

He had forward motion stopped and was being held up in the air and couldn't get down. 

The play should have been whistled dead before the fumble. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Blaise321 said:

I'm not buying the narrative created by the national sports media that the Bills can't win close games. I can think of several games during that period when the game was within one score late in the third quarter or early in the fourth and the Bills would step on the gas and run up the score for a decisive victory. That's closing out a close game strongly. In my opinion, the Bills are one of, if not the best, team in the NFL. The only way opposing teams can win is to play with everything they have and keep the score close and hope to eke out a 2 or 3 point win. They are that good!  In fact, during this same time period, how many games did the Bills lose by 2 scores or more? The only one that comes to mind for me is the Colts game. These pundits read the box scores and create a narrative. Our Buffalo Bills are a great team and they will win a lot of games this year. Kick back in your easy chair , pop open a cold brew and enjoy the ride

Agreed.  In 2020 the Bills were 5 - 1 in the regular season and 1 - 0 in post season in one score games. That's 6 - 1.

The reality is that the national sports media is mostly made up of lazy reporters that don't do their homework.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Agreed.  In 2020 the Bills were 5 - 1 in the regular season and 1 - 0 in post season in one score games. That's 6 - 1.

The reality is that the national sports media is mostly made up of lazy reporters that don't do their homework.

Being two seasons removed from that and not having won a one score game since then does not make any of us feel any better. I think the sentiment last year was that we just had terrible luck in one score games and that it was total anomaly. That was certainly my belief. However, it certainly does not help that the Bills are now 0-1 this year. I expect a close game tomorrow so hopefully the Bills will be 1-1 if we are not able to convincingly beat the Ravens. 

I just hope that if or when we fall too 0-2 in those situations that it doesn't start to screw with the heads of the players and coaches. 

30 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

2020 doesn’t really matter as much.  So, we are 6-7 in the past three seasons, hardly the stuff of champions.  

The current streak that is more representative of this teams one score performance is 0-7, which was extended by last weeks game.   

Take off the Bills Fan lenses and you see missed opportunities by the players and questionable decisions by the coaches in that string.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

2020 doesn’t really matter as much.  So, we are 6-7 in the past three seasons, hardly the stuff of champions.  

The current streak that is more representative of this teams one score performance is 0-7, which was extended by last weeks game.   

Take off the Bills Fan lenses and you see missed opportunities by the players and questionable decisions by the coaches in that string.  

I disagree.  In 2020 the Bills did very well in one score games and in 2021 they did not. That's a direct comparison over the last 2 seasons - hardly ancient history.

As far as this season goes, one game is hardly going to tell us how the Bills will do in one score games in 2022. Get back to me at the end of this season and if the Bills are 1 - 5 in one score games then you'll have enough data to support your concern.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Last week it was the heat.  This week the rain and wind. This is the NFL. That is what happens.   I don't want to hear anything about the weather if the Bills lose.  The Dolphins and Ravens play under the same conditions. This team and the fans have a habit of making excuses.  Coin flip vs Chiefs. Wind vs Patriots. Heat and Injuries with Dolphins.  Enough excuses.  Championship teams don't make excuses.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whenever this board discuss why the Bills lost, someone always trots out this bromide. The manly thing to do is soldier on! No excuses, men! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. His, we SUCKED!

I was 12 at the time.  Probably old enough for some but at that point I didnt understand football enough to even know who the coaches or players really were.  I remember Joe Fergusson but thats about it from before the Kelly years.

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Can you imagine him on this current team? 😍

A prime Freddie on this team would be incredible.  The dude could do it all... run, block, catch.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

That fumble was the biggest bunch of BS.

He had forward motion stopped and was being held up in the air and couldn't get down. 

The play should have been whistled dead before the fumble. 

Yep. Ray Lewis just raked the ball out as they held him up. But point is we played them tough there. Last couple times not so much. 

Win games and win a lot of them to position yourself for the playoffs. Then hopefully a worlds championship. I don’t care what the score is. If all the Bills did was win close games, their ability to put teams away would be questioned. When will the luck run out ? etc etc. It’s a statistical oddity that occurred last season. This year is 3 games old and the Bills one loss was by a narrow margin in oppressive heat with a high number of injuries. The mistakes that cost them were largely of execution , save for one curious defensive call on a 3rd and 22 vs a non elite QB. I’d be a lot more concerned if the Bills lost in a blowout vs this Miami team than a close tough loss. The best teams will still lose a few in the course of a season. The Bills win most of their games and they’re not close. They lose a few, but by a narrow margin. Objectively this seems like a manufactured crisis. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Being two seasons removed from that and not having won a one score game since then does not make any of us feel any better. I think the sentiment last year was that we just had terrible luck in one score games and that it was total anomaly. That was certainly my belief. However, it certainly does not help that the Bills are now 0-1 this year. I expect a close game tomorrow so hopefully the Bills will be 1-1 if we are not able to convincingly beat the Ravens. 

I just hope that if or when we fall too 0-2 in those situations that it doesn't start to screw with the heads of the players and coaches. 

Would you rather have the Bills go 14- 3 with an 0-3 record in one score games, or go 11-6 but with a 3-3 mark in games decided by one score? I doubt the Bills are losing their minds over this. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.