Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

If LT Staley is out again that's a big deal

This game we really need the front 4 healthy.  So far teams blitzing Lamar have gotten beat - however ....

They were not very good vs the Jets

Miami actually played them well.  

Baltimore TDs - Opening KO return, two broken 70 plus yard TD plays....they completely stalled in the 4th quarter and were really inconsistent

The Patriots are terrible 

As usual, I think if we score 30, have Morse and Poyer and a healthy D line, we win.  But close. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If LT Staley is out again that's a big deal

This game we really need the front 4 healthy.  So far teams blitzing Lamar have gotten beat - however ....

They were not very good vs the Jets

Miami actually played them well.  

Baltimore TDs - Opening KO return, two broken 70 plus yard TD plays....they completely stalled in the 4th quarter and were really inconsistent

The Patriots are terrible 

As usual, I think if we score 30, have Morse and Poyer and a healthy D line, we win.  But close. 

Miami didn't really play them well, they were getting blown out most of the game. The Ravens forgot how to play D for one quarter and the Fins made some big stops on 3rd and 4th and short, kinda like they did versus us.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, YoloinOhio said:

49%!!    Good thing the Bills don't blitz much.   They play the perfect defense to confuse Jackson, flooding the secondary with bodies and taking away his recognition cues, which is the best way to beat him.     

Hard to believe the Great Belichick wouldn't see that as well--when you give Lamar a mismatch (by blitzing and leaving holes in the defensive backfield), it makes it easier, not tougher, on him to find a receiver.   His movement skills can usually extend the play and avoid the blitz (just like Josh) and then it's just easy pickings for him...

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Like (+1) 2

Having watched the ravens I can safely say this will be the easiest defense Josh has gone against so far. 
Their defense relies on turnovers as Mac Jones was marching up and down the field on them.

Josh should be able to hit a big play or two down the field.

Lamar truly is playing out of his mind but   his receivers are average. When in trouble he looks for Mark Andrews almost all the time. Milano gets a heck of assignment this week. 
Running game is ok Dobbins still working his way back. 
Special Teams are both good as Tucker is as close to automatic as there has ever been in the league.

Point Spread seems about right like the Bills 31-20 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Not gonna sugar coat it, Jackson is on a tear.  He's phenomenal. He's going to really test the defense.  

They don't have have special WRs though, and the Ravens defense is subpar.  I think the Bills win here. 

Lamar against this current defense is a monumental task. Allen should rip apart their secondary if he has time. This game can go either way and likely goes down to the wire. We all know how the Bills do in close games. A Bills win would be awesome! 

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Not gonna sugar coat it, Jackson is on a tear.  He's phenomenal. He's going to really test the defense.  

They don't have have special WRs though, and the Ravens defense is subpar.  I think the Bills win here. 

He was in his MVP season too when he played us and the Ravens were smoking teams by like 30 points every game. Bills scheme made him look ordinary and shut him down most of the game.  Same in the playoff game.  I am not too concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

There's no way in hell the bills should be favored in this game....

One loss in a game that had an unbelievable amount of rationale for a loss and people just go off the rails. Get a grip people. This is not the drought era Buffalo Bills, this team is angry and has great leadership. Next week will not be the team you saw on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Looking like hurricane Ian will have its leftovers for the game Sunday 

Hurricane Allen is moving in. No leftovers will remain intact.

edit: I’ve just been notified that hurricane Dorsey will touchdown pregame as well. That thing is going to be a psychopath.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

This game could feature torrential rains and wind as right now it appears the remnants of Hurricane Ian is forecasted to be affecting the Baltimore area Sunday.  Going to bear watching closer to the end of the week when the forecast and impact is better known.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

That can't be. I read here all the time he is not a good passing QB.

He’s been objectively bad against the blitz his entire career until this year and was a mediocre passer the last 2 years. Did you want people to lie instead?

Edit: Never mind, I see you’re one of those that think people who don’t worship Lamar are racist. Not gonna waste any time with you.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.