Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

All things considered, the Bills should win.  The Bills have shown the capacity in the past to limit and control Lamar Jackson, if not shut him down.   On offense, nobody has shown the ability to shut down Josh Allen in his present incarnation.  The weather isn't going to be the friend of either team's passing game, but I don't think it's going to be so bad as to completely shut things down.  The wild card is Jackson's wild athleticism.  You can control him most of the time, but if he gets loose for even 2 or 3 big plays, it can change the complexion of the whole game.  In the Miami game, Buffalo had several big mistakes.  If any one of them didn't happen, Buffalo has an excellent chance to win the game.   If Buffalo makes too many mistakes, as they did last Sunday, especially involving Lamar Jackson, they can still lose this game.  

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

All things considered, the Bills should win.  The Bills have shown the capacity in the past to limit and control Lamar Jackson, if not shut him down.   On offense, nobody has shown the ability to shut down Josh Allen in his present incarnation.  The weather isn't going to be the friend of either team's passing game, but I don't think it's going to be so bad as to completely shut things down.  The wild card is Jackson's wild athleticism.  You can control him most of the time, but if he gets loose for even 2 or 3 big plays, it can change the complexion of the whole game.  In the Miami game, Buffalo had several big mistakes.  If any one of them didn't happen, Buffalo has an excellent chance to win the game.   If Buffalo makes too many mistakes, as they did last Sunday, especially involving Lamar Jackson, they can still lose this game.  

15:00 left in the 1st quarter. Nahhh it’s over!

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Tying the NFL Record for winning games by 10 or more points that stretched back to the George Halas coached 1941-1942 Bears is the stuff of champions tho.

Sure.  But winning by one point is a W too.  I rather win all the close ones.  

3 hours ago, Process said:

I don't think people here realize how bad Baltimore's defense is. 

They have the #32 ranked pass defense in the league. Dead last.  

They have played Tua, Mac Jones and Joe Flacco. 

Both teams fully healthy and weather not a factor, Bills win by 3 TDs plus. 

too bad it will be a crappy rainy day, which will neutralize our passing advantage some. Gonna be sloppy, lots of drops, and turnovers are going to decide this game. Wish we could play them on a clean field. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just watched the Ravens highlights from last week and wasn’t super impressed by Lamar passing. At least from a passing perspective he didn’t seem on Allen’s level (but maybe he doesn’t need to be because his running is such a threat). One of his passing TDs was one of those Mahomes underhand throws at the goal line. One was actually kind of underthrown into double coverage, but Mark Andrews did a good job high pointing the ball.

I guess defenders always have to have him taking off in the back of their heads, so his passing doesn’t have to be as crisp to be successful.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

too bad it will be a crappy rainy day, which will neutralize our passing advantage some. Gonna be sloppy, lots of drops, and turnovers are going to decide this game. Wish we could play them on a clean field. 

Not at all here for excuses.   Find a way.   

If this team is who we think they are, they’ll prove us wrong and win.  I say “prove us wrong” because it seems many of us have been conditioned (even with as good as they have been) to expect a loss if it’s too windy, too wet, too hot..

Enough, figure it out.  

6 hours ago, Process said:

I don't think people here realize how bad Baltimore's defense is. 

They have the #32 ranked pass defense in the league. Dead last.  

They have played Tua, Mac Jones and Joe Flacco. 

Both teams fully healthy and weather not a factor, Bills win by 3 TDs plus. 

Not a fluke either/...they were 32nd ranked pass defense last year also...this year they are 100+ yards worse tho

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, billsfan1959 said:

NFL Week 4 Power Rankings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34670270/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-2022-1-32-poll-plus-rating-qbs

Top 6:

1. Miami

2.Buffalo

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Los Angeles Rams

6. Baltimore

Miami all smoke and mirrors 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.