Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

There is always an excuse with this team.  If you have been a fan long enough you know exactly what I am talking about.  Against the Chiefs it was the coin-flip.  Against the Pats it was the wind.  Against the Dolphins it was the heat.  Then we have all the years of the Patriots are cheaters and the refs blew the call.  It is ridiculous.  Then everyone goes to the airport to meet them when they lose because the Bills have such great fans.  Blah blah blah.  How about no more excuses and win a championship.  This team has a real problem winning close games.  They have lost 7 in a row.  They are 1-3 in the playoffs in close games.  It is a culture of excuse makers.  I hate the Patriots but I always respected Belichick and Brady. They don't have a list of excuses every time they lose a game.

We don't play for the team

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I guess your reading comprehension is off… the Bills offense is great because Josh Allen is a ***** cheat code who bails out everyone in front of him in most games… their offensive line was a sieve from snap 1 on Sunday but Josh is so damn good he’s able to make up for it… and outside of Diggs their receivers are hit or miss and lack YAC ability… and they’ve yet to demonstrate they can run the ball…unfortunately I question whether he lasts the season and/or how many years get taken off his career due to the lack luster effort to “protect Josh”.

The defensive line looks terrific… as it very well should… my grudge was with the strategy. 

See above.

The Bills are 4th in the league in YAC. Diggs accounts for about 22% of the YAC. 

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I guess your reading comprehension is off… the Bills offense is great because Josh Allen is a ***** cheat code who bails out everyone in front of him in most games… their offensive line was a sieve from snap 1 on Sunday but Josh is so damn good he’s able to make up for it… and outside of Diggs their receivers are hit or miss and lack YAC ability… and they’ve yet to demonstrate they can run the ball…unfortunately I question whether he lasts the season and/or how many years get taken off his career due to the lack luster effort to “protect Josh”.

The defensive line looks terrific… as it very well should… my grudge was with the strategy. 

See above.

Lets do some stats through 3 weeks keeping in mind that week 3 by the second half sometime we were down to 2 starting linemen, some of them 3rd stringers, and one guy finishing the game on a torn ACL.

Hurries 7 - 19th fewest in the league

Knockdowns 6 - 22nd fewest in the league

Sacked 7 - 12th fewest in the league

Blitzed 30 - 13th most in the league

Pressured per drop back 13.1% which is 31st lowest in the league.

Also keep in mind only 4 teams have more pass attempts than Josh and 2 of them have an extra game. 

Yeah, you might see some turnstile and missed blocks here and there but all teams have that.  Yes, Josh even helps make the line look better.  Even still the line is also why those stats are in a pretty good place.  Mahomes for example is way more pressured than Josh... 31.4% of his drop backs which is 4th most in the league while only being blizted 7 more times than Josh.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Nonsense. The 13 second meltdown is the actual reason why they lost.  The Bills fans now act like it was the coin-flip that cost them the game.  If I hear one more Bills fan tell me how the NFL changed the rule because it was unfair to the Bills, I might throw up.  

They changed the rule because it was unfair to the Bills. 

How you feeling bud?

puke GIF

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Lets do some stats through 3 weeks keeping in mind that week 3 by the second half sometime we were down to 2 starting linemen, some of them 3rd stringers, and one guy finishing the game on a torn ACL.

Hurries 7 - 19th fewest in the league

Knockdowns 6 - 22nd fewest in the league

Sacked 7 - 12th fewest in the league

Blitzed 30 - 13th most in the league

Pressured per drop back 13.1% which is 31st lowest in the league.

Also keep in mind only 4 teams have more pass attempts than Josh and 2 of them have an extra game. 

Yeah, you might see some turnstile and missed blocks here and there but all teams have that.  Yes, Josh even helps make the line look better.  Even still the line is also why those stats are in a pretty good place.  Mahomes for example is way more pressured than Josh... 31.4% of his drop backs which is 4th most in the league while only being blizted 7 more times than Josh.

Many teams would love to have our OL.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Many teams would love to have our OL.

I dont think they are great or anything.  I dont think they run block very well.  As far as pass blocking they do a relatively good job compared to the rest of the league.  People see a whiffed block here and there and think it doesnt happen to other teams.  It does.  Cant have stars everywhere it just isnt cap possible.  Would love to see some investment in a piece or two in the draft but they were pretty good the first two weeks.  Miami you cant really say anything because they lost most of them.  It seems pretty clear that Morse is pretty important to this line and offense though.

To me they are trying hard to get to the superbowl and they feel the best way to do that is with a better pass rush.  I tend to agree with that because our offense did its job in the playoffs.  There are only so many moves you can make each year.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont think they are great or anything.  I dont think they run block very well.  As far as pass blocking they do a relatively good job compared to the rest of the league.  People see a whiffed block here and there and think it doesnt happen to other teams.  It does.  Cant have stars everywhere it just isnt cap possible.  Would love to see some investment in a piece or two in the draft but they were pretty good the first two weeks.  Miami you cant really say anything because they lost most of them.  It seems pretty clear that Morse is pretty important to this line and offense though.

To me they are trying hard to get to the superbowl and they feel the best way to do that is with a better pass rush.  I tend to agree with that because our offense did its job in the playoffs.  There are only so many moves you can make each year.

Run blocking is a an attitude. There’s a rhythm to it. We’re not a running team. We seem to run just to keep defenses honest. Our passing game is our running game. It’s been that way for a few years but it’s even more so now. Allen is utilizing his check down more than ever. Singletary is 2nd on the team in targets. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I am not talking about the players.  I know the fans are always going to make excuses.  My concern is the coach.  7 straight loses in close games.  We always seem to have some excuse for his terrible decisions.

I'm not buying the narrative created by the national sports media that the Bills can't win close games. I can think of several games during that period when the game was within one score late in the third quarter or early in the fourth and the Bills would step on the gas and run up the score for a decisive victory. That's closing out a close game strongly. In my opinion, the Bills are one of, if not the best, team in the NFL. The only way opposing teams can win is to play with everything they have and keep the score close and hope to eke out a 2 or 3 point win. They are that good!  In fact, during this same time period, how many games did the Bills lose by 2 scores or more? The only one that comes to mind for me is the Colts game. These pundits read the box scores and create a narrative. Our Buffalo Bills are a great team and they will win a lot of games this year. Kick back in your easy chair , pop open a cold brew and enjoy the ride

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, jcamm1966 said:

Trends   we never play well at Baltimore

I remember going to a game there when Fitz was playing and the Ravens were really good. We lost 38-35 in OT. Played out of their minds offensively that day. Rookie TE fumbled in OT  and Ravens kicked a FG to win it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.