Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I was at the game so it's hard to tell, but you mentioned Miami played a lot of 2 high.

To my understanding, didn't they blitz Josh a lot?

If that's the case, they probably saw a lot more single high

They did blitz and it was largely a mistake. He had a 143.9 rating vs the Dolphins blitz … 13-17 with 159 yards and 2 TDs. However on one of them singletary was late to pick it up and it led to the fumble 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They did blitz and it was largely a mistake. He had a 143.9 rating vs the Dolphins blitz … 13-17 with 159 yards and 2 TDs. However on one of them singletary was late to pick it up and it led to the fumble 

That wasn't on Singletary, that was on the Center.  He telegraphed the snap count and also snapped it immediately before the rest of his line could get set after he gave the signal he was snapping the ball. Dawkins literally wasn't even looking at his man and was turned inside pointing out a Dolphin player to Saffold(ie, you take him), and before he could turn his head back and get out of his stance, Ingram was already by him.  That was a WTF play by Van Roten.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

That wasn't on Singletary, that was on the Center.  He telegraphed the snap count and also snapped it immediately before the rest of his line could get set after he gave the signal he was snapping the ball. Dawkins literally wasn't even looking at his man and was turned inside pointing out a Dolphin player to Saffold(ie, you take him), and before he could turn his head back and get out of his stance, Ingram was already by him.  That was a WTF play by Van Roten.

This game would have been so much different with Morse

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They brought tons of pressure in the first half and it was boom/bust. Got a sack fumble that led to 7 but let Bills march down the field for 2TDs. 

Second half they brought the same pressure looks but then faded into zone coverages to take away the middle and deep parts of the field. Allen was able to largely deal with by throwing dump offs but it was very effective in forcing the Bills to play long, exhausting drives that would stall in the red zone. Result? An exhausted Bills offense that could only muster 3 points. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

DVOA Rankings for Buffalo and Baltimore (Football Outsiders)

500034290_Buff-BaltDVOARankings.thumb.jpg.b188adba880146e8cc969ec361a75991.jpg

Surprised to see how effective Baltimore offense is, although a lot of that comes down to their running game being poor as opposed to the Bills which is laughable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

I want to be very clear about this as I absolutely mean it when I say no harm will come to you, whatsoever.

Which one of you pissed off the football gods to make us feel their wrath in a game the Bills MUST have?

...also where do you live and when are you home?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, I can take it.  I know others have a difference of opinion and thats ok.  This is just my opinion.  I dont think Lamar is terrible.  I just think that if he has to stand in the pocket and consistently deliver passes that he can't.  Thats not his game.  I think this is why he will not do well in the playoffs because unless the stars align, he is always going to run into a team that can contain him and cover Andrews at the same time. The Ravens have lost almost every game when a team can do that.

He has viable receivers and they will make some plays yes.  I just dont think they will make enough to beat you.  One because I dont think Lamar will consistently get them the ball.  Two because they arent exactly players like Diggs, Hill, Chase, etc.

That's fair. Lamar needs to continue to grow as a passer. I think he's much improved but still has lots of room to improve. He is good at throwing in the middle of the field. That's where he hits Andrews. He needs a lot of work throwing outside the numbers. His evolution is pretty fun to watch as a football fan. I truthfully  thought he was a long shot to be a successful QB. Boy was i wrong. He's going to get a massive new contract and I'm rooting for him to do well. Just not this week. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to be very clear about this as I absolutely mean it when I say no harm will come to you whatsoever.

Which one of you pissed off the football gods to make us feel their wrath in a game the Bills MUST have?

...also where do you live and when are you home?

My wife keeps killing spiders in my house. Do you think it could be an accumulation of that?!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Here's the weather forecast for Baltimore/Sunday.

Looks like everyone may be hydrated!

Day

64°Hi

RealFeel® 60°

Cool

RealFeel Shade™ 59°

Cool

10/2

Some rain from Tropical Rainstorm Ian

Max UV Index1 Low

WindNE 16 mph

Wind Gusts27 mph

Probability of Precipitation91%

Probability of Thunderstorms11%

Precipitation0.19 in

Rain0.19 in

Hours of Precipitation3

Hours of Rain3

Cloud Cover97%

Morning

Afternoon

• Thank you (+1) 1

Whether or not Ronnie Stanley plays feels like it will have an enormous impact on this game.

If not, it'll be the Ravens 4th string left tackle, a 4th round rookie, making his first ever start at left tackle. And not just his first ever NFL start -- he didn't play a single snap at LT in college, either.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Here's the weather forecast for Baltimore/Sunday.

Looks like everyone may be hydrated!

Day

64°Hi

RealFeel® 60°

Cool

RealFeel Shade™ 59°

Cool

10/2

Some rain from Tropical Rainstorm Ian

Max UV Index1 Low

WindNE 16 mph

Wind Gusts27 mph

Probability of Precipitation91%

Probability of Thunderstorms11%

Precipitation0.19 in

Rain0.19 in

Hours of Precipitation3

Hours of Rain3

Cloud Cover97%

Morning

Afternoon

OK, Marv, so looking at it the other way...could this help us, or rather hurt them as well or more?

I think Josh can cut through those winds.  LJ has a pretty good arm, but can he?  Are they limited here in this situation?

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

OK, Marv, so looking at it the other way...could this help us, or rather hurt them as well or more?

I think Josh can cut through those winds.  LJ has a pretty good arm, but can he?  Are they limited here in this situation?

His arm strength is not quite in Allen/Mahomes territory but he’s up there 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Whether or not Ronnie Stanley plays feels like it will have an enormous impact on this game.

If not, it'll be the Ravens 4th string left tackle, a 4th round rookie, making his first ever start at left tackle. And not just his first ever NFL start -- he didn't play a single snap at LT in college, either.

Sounds like Ronnie needs some rest.

Paging Mr Gilooly….

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.