Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Updated forecast 63 degrees with 53% chance of rain and wind at 15mph. Not as bad as first thought 

Right now the heaviest rain in NOVA/DC is for Saturday during the day.

What's left of the eye gets thru here on Monday.  

I guess it's track could shift.   

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar is relying on Mark Andrew’s like crazy right now, who has a 36.5% target share so far. For reference, Diggs is at 27.5% so far this year and Kupp (who had 191 targets) was at 31.7% last year. They should just double him every play and force Lamar to throw to these other guys that he obviously doesn’t trust.

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Some of y’all can keep trying to talk yourselves into Dane Jackson starting opposite Tre White in a few weeks, but I’d be shocked if it’s not Kaiir Elam. 

The guy has elite attributes, is a hard worker and passed his first test with flying colors.   

I dont care who plays.  Just put the best players on the field and win the damn games.

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

Lamar is relying on Mark Andrew’s like crazy right now, who has a 36.5% target share so far. For reference, Diggs is at 27.5% so far this year and Kupp (who had 191 targets) was at 31.7% last year. They should just double him every play and force Lamar to throw to these other guys that he obviously doesn’t trust.

Because Lamar is not good at spreading the ball around.  The key to beating that offense has always been to contain Lamar and cover Andrews.  Always has been and always will be.  

You can look at any Ravens loss or bad games and you will see Lamar had under 100 yards rushing and Andrews had under 60 yards catching.  Mostly Andrews under 40 yards catching and Lamar under 80 yards rushing.

This is why Lamar, while is an Elite athlete, is not an Elite QB.  When he cant run and his seam pass to Andrews isnt there then that offense is garbage.

Saying all that... thats no easy feat.  Lamar really is an amazing elite athlete and hard to stop and Andrews is one of the best TEs in the league.  I think its a little easier now as I dont think their run game is as good as it was his MVP season.  None of their other targets are going to beat you even if they do catch some passes.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

It's not that simple. Lamar is so difficult to stop with his duel threat. He also extends plays. Lamar loves to take shots down the field too.  

46 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Because Lamar is not good at spreading the ball around.  The key to beating that offense has always been to contain Lamar and cover Andrews.  Always has been and always will be.  

You can look at any Ravens loss or bad games and you will see Lamar had under 100 yards rushing and Andrews had under 60 yards catching.  Mostly Andrews under 40 yards catching and Lamar under 80 yards rushing.

This is why Lamar, while is an Elite athlete, is not an Elite QB.  When he cant run and his seam pass to Andrews isnt there then that offense is garbage.

Saying all that... thats no easy feat.  Lamar really is an amazing elite athlete and hard to stop and Andrews is one of the best TEs in the league.  I think its a little easier now as I dont think their run game is as good as it was his MVP season.  None of their other targets are going to beat you even if they do catch some passes.

Glad you added the last paragraph. I was gonna lay into you. I know you can take it. Lol

I do think Lamar is an elite QB. Not in the traditional sense. He's elite because of his legs and explosiveness. Also, he looks to be improved as a passer. He's the number one rated QB vs the blitz. So the game is likely slowing down for him. Also, he is rated first at throwing the ball downfield at 9.2 yards per pass. I think he has two viable receivers in Bateman and Duevernay. I wouldn't be surprised if either beats the banged up young Bills secondary for a few long plays. 

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Glad you added the last paragraph. I was gonna lay into you. I know you can take it. Lol

I do think Lamar is an elite QB. Not in the traditional sense. He's elite because of his legs and explosiveness. Also, he looks to be improved as a passer. He's the number one rated QB vs the blitz. So the game is likely slowing down for him. Also, he is rated first at throwing the ball downfield at 9.2 yards per pass. I think he has two viable receivers in Bateman and Duevernay. I wouldn't be surprised if either beats the banged up young Bills secondary for a few long plays. 

Yes, I can take it.  I know others have a difference of opinion and thats ok.  This is just my opinion.  I dont think Lamar is terrible.  I just think that if he has to stand in the pocket and consistently deliver passes that he can't.  Thats not his game.  I think this is why he will not do well in the playoffs because unless the stars align, he is always going to run into a team that can contain him and cover Andrews at the same time. The Ravens have lost almost every game when a team can do that.

He has viable receivers and they will make some plays yes.  I just dont think they will make enough to beat you.  One because I dont think Lamar will consistently get them the ball.  Two because they arent exactly players like Diggs, Hill, Chase, etc.

Edited by Scott7975

Watching the Pats game back, if Josh gets as much time on the ball as Jones did then he’s going to love it back there. How much was that down to Baltimore’s defensive line being awful and how much the Pat’s OL being good? We’re going to have to be careful securing the ball as they’re very good at punching it out to cause turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LEBills said:

I actually think this is a much easier matchup for us than Miami

Baltimores secondary is banged up and we are less likely to see a bunch of 2 high like we did vs Miami. If they do go two high, I hope we see some James Cook getting the 6-9 catches rather than those going to Miss and Singletary the last two weeks.

Additionally, and more importantly, Baltimores pass rush is not very good and their rotation is shallow. I think Josh will have a very comfortable day on Sunday.

Now Lamar is obviously a much bigger threat than Tua but the Bills have been very good at containing him. Should be a fun game but I expect a convincing win.

I was at the game so it's hard to tell, but you mentioned Miami played a lot of 2 high.

To my understanding, didn't they blitz Josh a lot?

If that's the case, they probably saw a lot more single high

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wasnt Lawson part of the group that helped contain Lamar so well in the playoff game?

Would be.  Ya never know.  I think we get Poyer and Oliver back at least.  Dane is probably going to depend on swelling which is probably what he has to over come now.

Lawson wasn't here for the playoff game. Maybe you're thinking of Murphy. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.