Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One thing that bothered me last week was not kicking the ball out of the EZ each kickoff.  Why subject anyone to more heat/injury in those conditions.  Just kick it out for God's sake

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Because we routinely stopped them inside their 25.

A pyrrhic victory for sure.  Further exhaust and expose to injuries players who might be needed as guys are dropping like flies - for a few yds on kickoff? (not to mention risking a big return against exhausted players) That's ridiculous IMO

Edit: BTW - Fins starting position after kickoff: 22, 17, and 24 yd line

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

A pyrrhic victory for sure.  Further exhaust and expose to injuries players who might be needed as guys are dropping like flies - for a few yds on kickoff? (not to mention risking a big return against exhausted players) That's ridiculous IMO

In a vacuum you bet in your special teams when they are good. But the context is super important - miami situation, end of kc game, etc.

Forget the game for a second.

After watching from the stands as the ambulance come onto the field and took Dane Jackson away, giving me horrible Kevin Everett flashbacks...

I'm just so glad the guy is okay. Whether he plays this week, next week, or five weeks from now, I'm glad he has no lasting damage. Hallelujah, amen.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha so we just signed OL Justin Murray and he is limited already? How fitting!

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Forget the game for a second.

After watching from the stands as the ambulance come onto the field and took Dane Jackson away, giving me horrible Kevin Everett flashbacks...

I'm just so glad the guy is okay. Whether he plays this week, next week, or five weeks from now, I'm glad he has no lasting damage. Hallelujah, amen.

Yeah it was my first live game and that ambulance was brutal. So happy he is already on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Not super concerned about Benford if Dane Jackson can go on Sunday. Certainly rooting for his health, but I think the drop in Benford v Elam is likely small to negligible. Hoping this is the last week without Tre and we are playing Jackson/White on the outside at home vs. Pittsburgh. At that point Elam and Benford become depth. 

The reason Poyer doesn't get the credit he is due nationally is his ability to diagnose and support run plays. Those plays just don't show up on the stat sheet. He'll be a huge loss against Baltimore if he isn't ready to go. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Not super concerned about Benford if Dane Jackson can go on Sunday. Certainly rooting for his health, but I think the drop in Benford v Elam is likely small to negligible. Hoping this is the last week without Tre and we are playing Jackson/White on the outside at home vs. Pittsburgh. At that point Elam and Benford become depth. 

The reason Poyer doesn't get the credit he is due nationally is his ability to diagnose and support run plays. Those plays just don't show up on the stat sheet. He'll be a huge loss against Baltimore if he isn't ready to go. 

Elam played great. When White comes back Jackson is going to the bench. Elam needs experience so he is solid in the playoffs.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Elam played great. When White comes back Jackson is going to the bench. Elam needs experience so he is solid in the playoffs.

We aren't benching marginally better 6th round rookie Christian Benford so that Elam can get experience. We aren't benching the player that is significantly better in Dane Jackson so that Elam can get experience. Especially without Hyde and a possibly still banged up interior DL. 

Elam will rotate in, but Dane Jackson isn't getting benched when Tre comes back. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

We aren't benching marginally better 6th round rookie Christian Benford so that Elam can get experience. We aren't benching the player that is significantly better in Dane Jackson so that Elam can get experience. Especially without Hyde and a possibly still banged up interior DL. 

Elam will rotate in, but Dane Jackson isn't getting benched when Tre comes back. 

Elam was a 1st round pick for a reason, if he's improving at his biggest weakpoint zone coverage then he could absolutely move up the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.