Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a feeling that Burrow rips them apart on Thursday and brings them back down to earth.  

Same. The Dolphins defense was on the field for 40 minutes and 90 plays. Short week on the road. Their defense will be gassed by the 2nd half. Bengals 38 Dolphins 17. Miami falls to #10 in the power rankings by Friday morning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Dolphins pressure rate was poor before us...we had back up and exhausted lineman early.  I think Spencer Brown was gassed in the first quarter.

But we'll see.

It isn't the Dolphins pressure as much as it is the inability for Cinci to keep Joe upright. 15 sacks so far this year out of 135 pass attempts (or something close to that). 

That said, I do think the Dolphins will give up a ton of yards (again) and I do see them loosing on Thursday night. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a feeling that Burrow rips them apart on Thursday and brings them back down to earth.  

10 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Assuming they don't rip up Burrow first, I don't think he makes it to the end of the season at the rate he is getting sacked. 

9 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I hope so, but I just don't know if the Bengals can withstand all that blitzing that the Fins do. I've watched all of the Bengals games this year OL has been bad in passing situations and Burrow has poor pocket awareness and holds the ball too long. 

I think, if the Bengals' Oline holds up, they win.

Although, Miami is riding a bit of a lucky streak at the moment. It took a complete meltown by the Balt defense and a miraculous 4th quarter by Tua (almost 30% of his total yards and 50% of his total TDs for the season in one quarter) to beat Baltimore by 3 pts; and missing players (injury and weather related) and miscue after miscue by the Buff offense to beat the Bills by 2 pts.

I don't believe it is a sustainable way to beat good teams, but they are having a bit of good fortune right now.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think, if the Bengals' Oline holds up, they win.

Although, Miami is riding a bit of a lucky streak at the moment. It took a complete meltown by the Balt defense and a miraculous 4th quarter by Tua (almost 30% of his total yards and 50% of his total TDs for the season in one quarter) to beat Baltimore by 3 pts; and missing players (injury and weather related) and miscue after miscue by the Buff offense to beat the Bills.

I don't believe it is a sustainable way to beat good teams, but they are having a bit of good fortune right now.

The Bills did that in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

NFL Week 4 Power Rankings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34670270/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-2022-1-32-poll-plus-rating-qbs

Top 6:

1. Miami

2.Buffalo

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Los Angeles Rams

6. Baltimore

30 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I can understand Miami being ranked above Buffalo based on the fact that they did win the game on Sunday, but I don’t see them being ranked above Philadelphia whatsoever. 

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If they want to put Miami at #1 because they are 3-0 and beat the former #1 team (Buffalo) and the current #6 team (Baltimore), fine. It's a power ranking and doesn't mean anything at all. I think Miami is a good team and a playoff caliber team; however, I personally would have them somewhere around ten.

In the circles that actually matter -- i.e. Vegas -- Buffalo is still the prohibitive Super Bowl favorite.

Power rankings are clickbait and intended to get people talking.  Nothing else.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, eball said:

In the circles that actually matter -- i.e. Vegas -- Buffalo is still the prohibitive Super Bowl favorite.

Power rankings are clickbait and intended to get people talking.  Nothing else.

And, as such, it is a conversational opportunity, no? I do believe this forum is set up for such.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Klaus said:

It isn't the Dolphins pressure as much as it is the inability for Cinci to keep Joe upright. 15 sacks so far this year out of 135 pass attempts (or something close to that). 

That said, I do think the Dolphins will give up a ton of yards (again) and I do see them loosing on Thursday night. 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s more likely Spencer Brown just continues to struggle with pass protection… he was just as equally awful at it last season.

He definitely struggled with all of the amoeba looks the Phins were giving in the first half. Reminds me of the 2019 Pats defense that just crushed everyone the first 9 games. So much press man, crowded boxes and just chaos when the ball is snapped. Brown is very green here and needs to just do his 1/11 and follow the protections and blocking assignments instead of trying to react to 2-3 rushers coming at his side. Josh is excellent against the blitz, so much so that even with crappy line play the Phins backed off in the second half because we were just marching up and down the field. 

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

#1 team- 212 yards 15 1st downs 20 TOP

#2 team- 497 yards- 31 first down 40 TOP

Team #1 is obviously vastly superior

Guess we gotta let the phins have the spot light for a week or two

Once teams get a read on how McDaniel coaches tua and the phins offense things might fall apart quick 

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

No chance they miss with their schedule, they are getting minimum 10 wins and that's a conservative guess

The way they are winning games isn’t sustainable. Their defense bleeds huge yards every week, and Tua has looked pedestrian in all of his games except for 1.5 quarters. I guess we’ll see, but I don’t buy it.

Also interested to see how their rookie head coach adjusts in the middle of the season. He has one year of experience as an OC, and now he’s a HC.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

NFL Week 4 Power Rankings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34670270/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-2022-1-32-poll-plus-rating-qbs

Top 6:

1. Miami

2.Buffalo

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Los Angeles Rams

6. Baltimore

This is just too comical.  Miami is fools gold just like the Pats were last year.  They arent terrible but they definitely are not a top contender.  If not for the heat we probably would have beat them with our second string defense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

The way they are winning games isn’t sustainable. Their defense bleeds huge yards every week, and Tua has looked pedestrian in all of his games except for 1.5 quarters. I guess we’ll see, but I don’t buy it.

Also interested to see how their rookie head coach adjusts in the middle of the season. He has one year of experience as an OC, and now he’s a HC.

They’re playing 2021 Titans style ugly ball. It’s incredibly opportunistic, risky, ugly to watch and needs a healthy dash of luck every most weeks, but it’s getting it done. 

They might luck out and ugly ball themselves to the playoffs, maybe even the one seed. I just don’t see this style of ball as the kind that gets you playoff wins and a SB. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s more likely Spencer Brown just continues to struggle with pass protection… he was just as equally awful at it last season.

He played well in the opener.  Struggled against the Titans.  Was dead playing the Dolphins.  We'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

If he continues to struggle, the we put Quessenbarry in.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, uninja said:

They’re playing 2021 Titans style ugly ball. It’s incredibly opportunistic, risky, ugly to watch and needs a healthy dash of luck every most weeks, but it’s getting it done. 

They might luck out and ugly ball themselves to the playoffs, maybe even the one seed. I just don’t see this style of ball as the kind that gets you playoff wins and a SB. 

They're going to get a Wild Card spot based on a very weak schedule (just like the Bills have, starting after the bye) and then get bounced in round one. Count on it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.