Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

LOL, now you're concerned that we can't run when your biggest offseason concern was that we were going to take the ball out of Josh's hands and go run heavy?

That's @ScottLaw in a nutshell.  If anyone is bored I'm sure they can dig up a dozen or more posts in which he expresses that exact concern that the ball will be taken out of Josh's hands because coach McEgo wants to have a run-heavy, ball control offense.

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Why would I be fearful?  Its just a footbal game. I may have to have a third neck surgery that I find out about on Wednesday.  The last one left me paralyzed for months with contiuing complications for a year and a half now.  That I fear.  Watching a football game I do not.

Good luck on Wednesday man, hoping you get good news...it's awesome that to have a great team to cheer for as a distraction from the crap life slings at us.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The issue is that we aren't a particularly good red zone offense because we can't run block. Being one dimensional in the red zone makes it a lot more difficult to score. So if teams can force us to drive all the way down field playing mistake free football and then score in the red zone that is the recipe for success against us.

Despite the lack of run game results in the RZ the Bills don't need to be one dimensional down there...they just seem to be choosing to be one dimensional by (understandably at this point in the season) not letting Josh run the ball.  He's been a RZ weapon with his legs since day one of his rookie season and they have him bottled up for now.  Not complaining, just saying.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t believe that MIA has put forth any blueprint on beating the Bills. They racked up 31 first downs and almost 500 yards of offense. The Bills stopped themselves in the red zone. Only a couple of errors and a poor throw that Allen rarely makes kept the Bills from scoring 31 points. Not a formula for winning many games. 

If anything, the Bills provided a blueprint for beating Miami. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Just now, K-9 said:

If anything, the Bills provided a blueprint for beating Miami. 

So did Baltimore. I give credit to the Dolphins for making the plays they had to make but they should be 1-2 going into week 4. The Ravens stopped playing and the Bills shot themselves in the foot. Miami is 3-0 and they deserve to be despite being lucky. Like Bill Parcells said... " You are what your record says you are".

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Greg S said:

So did Baltimore. I give credit to the Dolphins for making the plays they had to make but they should be 1-2 going into week 4. The Ravens stopped playing and the Bills shot themselves in the foot. Miami is 3-0 and they deserve to be despite being lucky. Like Bill Parcells said... " You are what your record says you are".

It was just discussed on One Bills Live, that the Bills were not allowed to use their cooling benches because Miami opted not to use theirs (competitive advantage).  Tasker agreed but said he needed to do some research.  Is anyone familiar with this?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It was just discussed on One Bills Live, that the Bills were not allowed to use their cooling benches because Miami opted not to use theirs (competitive advantage).  Tasker agreed but said he needed to do some research.  Is anyone familiar with this?

They asked McKenzie about this on his show. He didn’t seem to know about that rule and he said they used both the cooling benches (Which on the broadcast they said the bills shipped there themselves) and the mister fans. He said the benches worked ok for him because he is small but Dawson Knox was sitting next to him and said he could barely feel anything. He said they used the mister fans initially but then turned off the mist part because it was making the inside of their helmets wet. Oh and they were blowing out hot air so they were useless. 

• Like (+1) 1

We can certainly discuss the lack of running ability in the red zone, but we literally self destroyed on two TD’s.  

Lack of running game ability has been an issue, and will continue to be until they get better at it, but nobody is talking about red zone issues if Gabe holds onto a TD and Allen makes one of the easiest throws he had all day.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They asked McKenzie about this on his show. He didn’t seem to know about that rule and he said they used both the cooling benches (Which on the broadcast they said the bills shipped there themselves) and the mister fans. He said the benches worked ok for him because he is small but Dawson Knox was sitting next to him and said he could barely feel anything. He said they used the mister fans initially but then turned off the mist part because it was making the inside of their helmets wet. Oh and they were blowing out hot air so they were useless. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I know that if a team's communication system isn't working the other team can't use theirs.  It seemed absurd that if a team chose not to use something, it meant the other team couldn't use it either.

6 hours ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Agree with it not being a thing, but putting absolutely zero pressure on a QB..... any one of us could have made a completion with the amount of time he had! He needs to change that way of thinking and put some damn pressure on the QB.

Also I don't care how fast the WR is - safety has one job on that play - to not let anything get behind him - AFTER starting the play well off the LOS - just a terrible play

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

*A blue print for how to beat Miami with a tool box consisting of a left handed screw driver and some electrical tape.

My prediction is that by mid season, the luster on the Dolphins will have worn off. They do have a good defense but their chinks on O will be exploited. It took unreal heat conditions, a banged up Bills secondary and hobbling OL to barely beat us. Lose we did but I don't feel dejected. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.