Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Leslie Fraizer now has 13 second and the 3rd and 22 debacle. This team will never be able to get rid of him.

Are we really trying to compare 13 seconds to a backup safety getting burnt by and elite WR with 4.2 speed in week 3? The “third and 22 debacle” will never be a thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Are we really trying to compare 13 seconds to a backup safety getting burnt by and elite WR with 4.2 speed in week 3? The “third and 22 debacle” will never be a thing.

Agree with it not being a thing, but putting absolutely zero pressure on a QB..... any one of us could have made a completion with the amount of time he had! He needs to change that way of thinking and put some damn pressure on the QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Agree with it not being a thing, but putting absolutely zero pressure on a QB..... any one of us could have made a completion with the amount of time he had! He needs to change that way of thinking and put some damn pressure on the QB.

The bigger mistake was not dropping 3 deep into coverage

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

NFL has already said the game will not be moved to Miami, although the Bucs are practicing there from today on. 

Pretty big competitive disadvantage for TB if the game was moved out of Tampa.  And they are already scheduled to play a "home" game in Germany.  I figured all along that the NFL would re-schedule it not relocate the game. It's not like that hasn't happened in the recent Covid years. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with this take. McDermott and coaches have to take a week to week focus. Each game presents different issues with different game plans. Each week is a building block to the make a playoff push and hopefully a Super Bowl win. 

The Bills coaching staff does try new things. Cook had a little bit of a run vs Miami. Some weeks Allen runs more, more run pass options are called, different defenses, stunts, blitzing or not, etc...

Last year, I felt like the Bills were prepared for the playoffs. What makes you think they weren't? The Bills were on a nice roll and had high confidence. Most fans felt that the Bills had a great chance to beat the mighty Chiefs. To win it all. The Bills smashed the Pats and played a winning game vs KC. The Bills didn't lose to KC because they weren't prepared or the coaches didn't try something  earlier in the season. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Early and middle of last season the Bills couldn't run the ball. They changed run schemes and personnel and boom they had a much better rushing attack. Your post is wildly inaccurate with respect. 

To be clear I'm not saying I want the Bills to change their entire offensive philosophy or become a run-first team. I'm saying they need to find ways to create offensive production without Allen doing everything. Either through the run game or through easy YAC. Offenses that run entirely through the QB don't make it through January. And we can't wait until January to figure out that aspect of our offense. It's something we have to intentionally work at over the course of the season. Even accounting for the injuries on Sunday, Miami just laid out the book on how to beat our offense - blitz us, allow Allen to get his easy quick pass or scramble for a few yards, do this all the way to the red zone and force us into a compressed field. Typically to beat the blitz you would either run the ball or get a YAC receiver involved. We don't have the ability to do either right now so Dorsey has to figure something out. Supposedly this is why we brought James Cook in. I don't know if he's the solution but we have to figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Pretty big competitive disadvantage for TB if the game was moved out of Tampa.  And they are already scheduled to play a "home" game in Germany.  I figured all along that the NFL would re-schedule it not relocate the game. It's not like that hasn't happened in the recent Covid years. 

It would be, and both rescheduling the game to Mon or Tues night or playing at a different venue are being considered. 

I don’t believe that MIA has put forth any blueprint on beating the Bills. They racked up 31 first downs and almost 500 yards of offense. The Bills stopped themselves in the red zone. Only a couple of errors and a poor throw that Allen rarely makes kept the Bills from scoring 31 points. Not a formula for winning many games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t believe that MIA has put forth any blueprint on beating the Bills. They racked up 31 first downs and almost 500 yards of offense. The Bills stopped themselves in the red zone. Only a couple of errors and a poor throw that Allen rarely makes kept the Bills from scoring 31 points. Not a formula for winning many games. 

The strategy the phins used to beat the bills isn't sustainable

In my opinion it's very similar to when the pats beat the bills last season in the wind game, a lot of breaks

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Miami did use the Jacksonville strategy. Just get Buffalo to play a bunch of backup and PS OL and you have a chance. Also make sure that the center is playing out of position. That's they key part of the strategy.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The strategy the phins used to beat the bills isn't sustainable

In my opinion it's very similar to when the pats beat the bills last season in the wind game, a lot of breaks

It also wouldn’t be a successful one. Two uncommon errors and a tipped chip shot field goal kept 17 points off the board. Yes, a lot of good breaks kept MIA ahead on the scoreboard. 

I am a bit worried about Baltimore's front three/four against our banged up O-Line.  Big Guys don't recover super fast and most of our big guys were either hurt or had heat-related illness during the Miami game.  Calais Campbell is still playing at a high level, and his DT partner Madabuike may be better than Campbell.  Hoping that Morse is able to go on Sunday.  Also a threat of the Hurricane Ian's remnant may impact the game in Baltimore on Sunday, Lamar on a slippery field is not a prospect you want to see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.