Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

Just saw the weekend forecast.  Those of us headed to M&T Bank Stadium, bring the rain gear.  The hurricane remnants will be dumping lots of rain on the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Sat/Sun.  Hopefully by Sunday 1pm it will be more intermittent, rather than downpours.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Just saw the weekend forecast.  Those of us headed to M&T Bank Stadium, bring the rain gear.  The hurricane remnants will be dumping lots of rain on the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Sat/Sun.  Hopefully by Sunday 1pm it will be more intermittent, rather than downpours.

Maybe the NFL will move this game to the SNF slot since TB/KC will be moved to a different site.

10 minutes ago, BGORDO said:

Maybe the NFL will move this game to the SNF slot since TB/KC will be moved to a different site.

Well i’m local so i could handle it, but that’s definitely a great way to F-up thousands of peoples travel plans w a last minute time change, flights/hotels, etc..  I know lots of out of town Bills fans making a quick trip to this one. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If the nfl likes money, they will. I already saw complaints that this prime matchup is buried at 1:00

The US Treasury has asked Congress to pass a bill that would replace “USD” with “NFL” as its currency designation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d like to see an attempt at a factory reset and maybe try to just take the baby gloves off Cook. Just see what a game would look like if you completely featured Cook like teams do with their primary RB. See what a game looks like with a little speed on the field. I like Singletary but we can’t run the ball. Give cook 20+ touches and see if we can’t strike a little balance. What do we really have to lose at this point. Stop all the bs rotation. Nobody can get into a rhythm like that.

There really aren’t many teams that still do this. Most guys, even the heavy hitters are getting spelled by RB2. I agree the Bills could look into this by starting to give carries to two guys, not three. 

51 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Well i’m local so i could handle it, but that’s definitely a great way to F-up thousands of peoples travel plans w a last minute time change, flights/hotels, etc..  I know lots of out of town Bills fans making a quick trip to this one. 

They won’t move the Bills game, but the Tampa / KC game could be moved to Monday or Tuesday. The venue may be moved as well to the closest available site. 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

There really aren’t many teams that still do this. Most guys, even the heavy hitters are getting spelled by RB2. I agree the Bills could look into this by starting to give carries to two guys, not three. 

For the Bills I think this is primarily a way to keep people healthy at one of the most physically demanding positions in the game. When the playoffs roll around, the way they use their backs will change.

Last year in the postseason Motor had 26 carries. Zack Moss had 1.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

For the Bills I think this is primarily a way to keep people healthy at one of the most physically demanding positions in the game. When the playoffs roll around, the way they use their backs will change.

I’m almost certain big chunks of the playbook are still under wraps. The Bills ran really effectively late last season and into the playoffs. I think we’re not running as much because it’s not needed and Josh Allen passing is basically a cheat code most games. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

And that’s where Singletary looked at his best - when he has multiple opportunities to get in a rhythm and stay physically in the game. 

so far this year, RB carrys per game:

W1 - 15

W2 - 20

W3 - 14

If you’re splitting that three ways, I don’t know how you can expect any of those guys to get into the zone.

That being said, I believe our issues up front are not as much to do with who is at running back, and more to do with what is happening up front 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That being said, I believe our issues up front are not as much to do with who is at running back, and more to do with what is happening up front 

I am 100% with you on this.

You fix it up front and any one of these three guys can make hay behind that OL.

12 minutes ago, uninja said:

I think we’re not running as much because it’s not needed and Josh Allen passing is basically a cheat code most games. 

He totally is, and I can't even imagine the combination of pressure and temptation to use him like that when your livelihood is on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It's still holding at a cool 70° at gametime with 58% chance of scattered rain. Wind 12mph.  There won't be any heat issues in this game.

33 minutes ago, Simon said:

He totally is, and I can't even imagine the combination of pressure and temptation to use him like that when your livelihood is on the line.

I'd like to think McDermott doesn't have a week-to-week mindset like this. His mindset needs to be preparing the team for a championship run. Last year Allen played perfect playoff football and it still wasn't enough. You can't win a Super Bowl with 1 person doing 11 people's jobs. So they need to try some things now while the season is still young. Maybe they'll take some lumps and it will look ugly for a bit. But if it prepares them for January football it's worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with you. We have to see who is playing. I do think it will be a difficult task to stop the Balt offense. Vice versa. 

This.  I have to see who is playing to see how I feel about this game.  I will say that Frazier/McD has had Lamars number.  They know how to contain him and thats what kills Baltimore offense.  Also, I believe you thought it was going to be a difficult task to stop Hill and Miami too.  It wasn't.  Outside of one blown play Miami couldnt do *****.  Unfortunately our offense crapped the bed which was something I did not expect.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only a couple weeks?  I assume that means he would play with some kind of club at that point?  I remember when Gilmore played with a club.  Wasnt pretty.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I keep seeing people call him that, where does that even come from?

Could be autocorrect?  My phone has done that and I had to correct it several times before it would finally stop doing that.

9 hours ago, djp14150 said:

just saw this on my local area forecast in DC

Early forecasts having a constant rain from Saturday night thru Sunday.

the center of it around game time could be near the DC area which woukd be within 50 miles of the stadium.

rain fall could be 5+ inches with winds in strong cells.

41 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This.  I have to see who is playing to see how I feel about this game.  I will say that Frazier/McD has had Lamars number.  They know how to contain him and thats what kills Baltimore offense.  Also, I believe you thought it was going to be a difficult task to stop Hill and Miami too.  It wasn't.  Outside of one blown play Miami couldnt do *****.  Unfortunately our offense crapped the bed which was something I did not expect.

Ok you are on the record that the Bills will shut down and or contain Lamar. Things to consider are Balt is at home, Lamar is playing his best football of his career, and the Bills defense is a shell of itself due to injuries. I guess in your eyes the McDermott/ Frazier scheme will prevail. The defense will step it up. It's certainly possible. I still think it's a tall task. 

The Bills defense played well vs Miami all things considered. You can't discount or discredit the Waddle play. Nice try Scott. However, the Bills offense clearly assisted the defense. The Bills offense held onto the ball for 41 minutes. Miami threw the ball less than 20xs. The whole game very very strange and bizarre. An outlier in so many ways. Hill and Waddle were hardly targeted. But you are correct that I was incorrect about Hill and Waddle.

I'm was also wrong about the Bills scoring on the Dolphins. I thought Allen and company would put up 30 plus points on the Dolphins. Not in my wildest dreams did I think the Bills would hand the Dolphins the game with all their colossal mistakes. 

To be honest, I have no idea how the Bills are going to play. I don't even know whose playing anymore. The injuries are emmense and substantial. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Edited by newcam2012

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok you are on the record that the Bills will shut down and or contain Lamar. Things to consider are Balt is at home, Lamar is playing his best football of his career, and the Bills defense is a shell of itself due to injuries. I guess in your eyes the McDermott/ Frazier scheme will prevail. The defense will step it up. It's certainly possible. I still think it's a tall task. 

The Bills defense played well vs Miami all things considered. You can't discount or discredit the Waddle play. Nice try Scott. However, the Bills offense clearly assisted the defense. The Bills offense held onto the ball for 41 minutes. Miami threw the ball less than 20xs. The whole game very very strange and bizarre. An outlier in so many ways. Hill and Waddle were hardly targeted. But you are correct that I was incorrect about Hill and Waddle.

I'm was also wrong about the Bills scoring on the Dolphins. I thought Allen and company would put up 30 plus points on the Dolphins. Not in my wildest dreams did I think the Bills would hand the Dolphins the game with all their colossal mistakes. 

To be honest, I have no idea how the Bills are going to play. I don't even know whose playing anymore. The injuries are emmense and substantial. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Im on record saying what?  I didnt say that at all.  I said they know how to do that and have done that.  As to the last line, thats about where I sit.  I have no idea how they are going to do and I have no idea who will even be playing.  These injuries are tough to overcome.  I just dont get all paranoid and worked up over the unknown.  I turn the game on and enjoy the game from start to finish.  Win or lose.  Am I pissed off we lost this week?  Damn right I am, but the emotions from that are what make football enjoyable.  If I didnt give a crap then what fun would that be?  If we blew everyone out and never lost a game and won superbowl every damn year at some point that would even get boring and I would stop caring too.

The difference between last week and this week watching a football game were by the end of the third quarter I pretty much stopped watching the game because I just didnt care.  Nothing was going to happen to make me care.  I started focusing more on the forums than the game.  I dont even remember the fourth quarter.  This week I watched intently through the whole game.  Jumping in excitement and pounding the table in disappointment.  Sure, I love to blow people out but honestly tough close games are more fun.  Im not scared of them.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.