Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't know how you can't be concerned about Lamar. The guy is playing at an all time high and the Bills defense is so banged up. Scheme can only take you so far. It's like having the best jockey on a so so horse. The horse usually doesn't get the win even though he has the best jockey. You need a live horse just like the Bills need quality experienced players. For many, it will be the first time facing the dynamic explosive Lamar. Add in Balt is at home and that causes me great concern. The Bills will have to execute much better on offense than yesterday. 500 yards of offense is great but 20 points is not. Balt defense at home will not likely drop the interoperable ball Allen threw. This is a big test for the Bills.

My early prediction is:

Balt 35

Bflo 28

They were at home against Miami too.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't know how you can't be concerned about Lamar. The guy is playing at an all time high and the Bills defense is so banged up. Scheme can only take you so far. It's like having the best jockey on a so so horse. The horse usually doesn't get the win even though he has the best jockey. You need a live horse just like the Bills need quality experienced players. For many, it will be the first time facing the dynamic explosive Lamar. Add in Balt is at home and that causes me great concern. The Bills will have to execute much better on offense than yesterday. 500 yards of offense is great but 20 points is not. Balt defense at home will not likely drop the interoperable ball Allen threw. This is a big test for the Bills.

My early prediction is:

Balt 35

Bflo 28

Think we need to see who’s playing.  

Buffalo without Morse, Bates, Brown, Davis, Oliver, Jackson & Poyer is a very different team than that in which those guys are healthy.  

I’d predict Benford, Phillips and Kumerow are inactive. 

I mean Diggs and Knox were basically unplayable midway through the 3rd and we were missing our entire right side of the line.  

You may be overreacting a bit…

If we find out many of those guys are out against Baltimore, ok sure…  Do your thing. 

So, some of you will say I’m anti-Lamar but I’m not.  The Bills’ defense is simply well suited to contain him.

If our D line is healthy and Poyer returns, I am not concerned with Lamar running and throwing wild.

I’m much more concerned about the OL being solid and Josh not thinking he has to play hero ball.  He was “off” yesterday and despite getting us in position all day he made some bad decisions and needs to play within himself.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Think we need to see who’s playing.  

Buffalo without Morse, Bates, Brown, Davis, Oliver, Jackson & Poyer is a very different team than that in which those guys are healthy.  

I’d predict Benford, Phillips and Kumerow are inactive. 

I mean Diggs and Knox were basically unplayable midway through the 3rd and we were missing our entire right side of the line.  

You may be overreacting a bit…

If we find out many of those guys are out against Baltimore, ok sure…  Do your thing. 

I agree with you. We have to see who is playing. I do think it will be a difficult task to stop the Balt offense. Vice versa. 

Edited by newcam2012

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Except Allen has now shown he can kill you when you do that as well.

So has Jackson. 

Bills have more outside weapons than Ravens do. Bills D is better.

I can't see Bills losing unless the defense collapses against the run like Colts/Pats last year.  I dont think that will happen as they seem more stout up front than last season. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

So has Jackson. 

Bills have more outside weapons than Ravens do. Bills D is better.

I can't see Bills losing unless the defense collapses against the run like Colts/Pats last year.  I dont think that will happen as they seem more stout up front than last season. 

Bills have the #2 offense in the NFL and #1 D in the NFL

Ravens are #4 and #32, allowing an absolutely astounding 458 yards a game on defense and almost 26 points per game. They are so bad, they are almost 45 yards from the next worse defense, the Dolphins, who just gave up almost 500 yards to us.

If the Bills offense goes back to scoring at will like they normally do, they should win by more than 1 score. As long as the D doesn't fall apart this game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If JPP can play with half a hand, then Benford can play with a club!

I kid, I kid……?

Benford can bring back the "Too Tall Jones" head slap that would leave opponents ears ringing and dizzy. Jam the WR's with a head alsp at the line to throw them off balance.  🤣

Kidding obviously... that would be a personal foul these days for a hit to the head.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't know how you can't be concerned about Lamar. The guy is playing at an all time high and the Bills defense is so banged up. Scheme can only take you so far. It's like having the best jockey on a so so horse. The horse usually doesn't get the win even though he has the best jockey. You need a live horse just like the Bills need quality experienced players. For many, it will be the first time facing the dynamic explosive Lamar. Add in Balt is at home and that causes me great concern. The Bills will have to execute much better on offense than yesterday. 500 yards of offense is great but 20 points is not. Balt defense at home will not likely drop the interceptable balls Allen threw. This is a big test for the Bills.

My early prediction is:

Balt 35

Bflo 28

Are you going to do this all season?  Worry about every game and think we are going to lose every game?  Breathe man and have some confidence.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.