Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

As we all saw in the Rams game, our D line, when healthy, is so dominating it gives Frasier the luxury of getting supreme penetration with only our front four.  We wouldn't even need to blitz Jackson.  

Praying we get Oliver and Phillips back for this game. 

4 hours ago, djp14150 said:

The weather will be an issue for this game

what Ian does is the factor.  Sunday coukd be a heavy rain game fed from Ian moisture.  

when a hurricane is small and gets strong category  3 or 4 it’s common for them to get weaker but spread in its radialdistance.

That rain is likely Ian-related rain so expect downpours if it occurs

the weather yesterday was freakish. So I dont think we always need to be paranoid about the weather moving forward. But the injuries and just who will be available is my biggest question  and concern today

Edited by muppy

15 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Ravens are Jackson centric. He’s their leading rusher by a mile and uses his mobility to hit Andrews and Bateman primarily. Contain him in the pocket, and cover his outlets. 

Bills are Josh Allen-centric. He's their leading rusher by a mile and uses his mobility to hit Diggs and McKenzie primarily. Contain him in the pocket and cover his outlets.

Sound familiar? I do not overlook Lamar and his abilities for a second. it's all easier to say than do. The Bills do have more threats outside of Allen than the Ravens do which is helpful.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Bills are Josh Allen-centric. He's their leading rusher by a mile and uses his mobility to hit Diggs and McKenzie primarily. Contain him in the pocket and cover his outlets.

Sound familiar? I do not overlook Lamar and his abilities for a second. it's all easier to say than do. The Bills do have more threats outside of Allen than the Ravens do which is helpful.

Agreed.  Offenses are very ideologically similar.  

If we can get Poyer and Oliver back though... our defense clears theirs by a mile.  They don't have a Von Miller, and Rousseau >>> Oweh.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Except Allen has now shown he can kill you when you do that as well.

Poyer should be back, although I'm preparing myself for another "looks good to go, whoops inactive" given how this season has been going.  

Benford can play through a broken hand.  Corners do it all the time.  

We'll see what Dane Jackson can do in practice this week.  

Kaiir Elam was a stud out there on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

When do we get an actual injury report? I’m assuming Phillips is out and probably Benford and Kumerow.  I’d be really happy if Poyer, Morse and Jackson were back. I think everyone else was heat related, am I missing anyone?

I think we get one when they return to practice tomorrow.

1 hour ago, muppy said:

the weather yesterday was freakish. So I dont think we always need to be paranoid about the weather moving forward. But the injuries and just who will be available is my biggest question  and concern today

there are scenarios where the game is rescheduled…..such as moved to Saturday evening or played on Tuesday.

a potential track is hitting tampa,following I-4 over the Atlantic on Friday, restrength snd on Sunday still be a tropicalstotmsityingnover the Chesapeake bay ehivh puts the stadium into a flood evacuation zone

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

One loss in a game that had an unbelievable amount of rationale for a loss and people just go off the rails. Get a grip people. This is not the drought era Buffalo Bills, this team is angry and has great leadership. Next week will not be the team you saw on Sunday.

Ravens are playing well and 2-1 like us and home and Lamar having an MVP season so far... We have dozens of injuries.... Tell me why we would and should be favored???

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, chris heff said:

When do we get an actual injury report? I’m assuming Phillips is out and probably Benford and Kumerow.  I’d be really happy if Poyer, Morse and Jackson were back. I think everyone else was heat related, am I missing anyone?

Oliver.  

Would he super cool if the two breakout candidates of 2022 (Davis/Oliver) could get healthy.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Ravens are playing well and 2-1 like us and home and Lamar having an MVP season so far... We have dozens of injuries.... Tell me why we would and should be favored???

Playing well? They lost to that same Miami team we saw yesterday under far more favorable conditions with their starters actually playing. The Bills just handily beat the SB champs and the team with the best record in the AFC last year. One game. It's one damn game! Stop overreacting!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He was in his MVP season too when he played us and the Ravens were smoking teams by like 30 points every game. Bills scheme made him look ordinary and shut him down most of the game.  Same in the playoff game.  I am not too concerned.

I don't know how you can't be concerned about Lamar. The guy is playing at an all time high and the Bills defense is so banged up. Scheme can only take you so far. It's like having the best jockey on a so so horse. The horse usually doesn't get the win even though he has the best jockey. You need a live horse just like the Bills need quality experienced players. For many, it will be the first time facing the dynamic explosive Lamar. Add in Balt is at home and that causes me great concern. The Bills will have to execute much better on offense than yesterday. 500 yards of offense is great but 20 points is not. Balt defense at home will not likely drop the interceptable balls Allen threw. This is a big test for the Bills.

My early prediction is:

Balt 35

Bflo 28

Edited by newcam2012

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.